The Neverending Story-Cassano to Juve (7 Viewers)

Do you want to see Cassano at Juve?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Juvefreak

Aug 25, 2002
Sensi to dump Cassano? Thursday 21 October, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roma President Franco Sensi has cast doubt on the capital future of starlet Antonio Cassano.

Reports had suggested talks regarding a new contract had begun given that his present deal expires in 2006.

But the capital chief has fuelled speculation that the 22-year-old could be sold at the end of this season.

"I don’t know whether I will keep him," stated Sensi. "There are a number of issues which are not helping.

"They are not problems to do with finances but those to do with his character. I also wasn’t impressed with his performance at Bayer Leverkusen on Tuesday."

Cassano is somewhat of an enigma in the Italian game. Despite his undoubted quality as a player, his hot temper has landed him in trouble on a number of occasions.

"Things can’t go on like this, also because he is very expensive," added Sensi. "I give him £3m a season but I don’t know if I want to keep giving him that.

"Nevertheless, he hasn’t asked for anything and I haven’t offered him anything."

Sensi is no stranger to making this sort of outburst even if it is unclear at this stage what his real motives are.

He could really be thinking of selling or just trying to fire up the international who has yet to hit top form this term.

Should Cassano quit the Stadio Olimpico then there are a host of clubs interested in his services.

Milan and Juventus recently ‘invited’ the player to consider joining them, even if Real Madrid and Chelsea could also be very keen.

--

It really seems that Sensi will give him away...

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
The final decision still lies on whether Cassano will leave Roma or not, and where will he go. Of course it will be great if he will be coming here.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
If its a bidding war between Milan and Juve for Cassano's services, Milan wins it hands down.

#1) Berlusconi's checkbook
#2) Milan can offer a quality striker like a Thomasson as part of the exchange
3) Cassano won't have the icon of the franchise lurking over his shoulder fighting for the same position in Milan that he would at Juve.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Lilianna ] ++
milan doesn't need a striker...
we do :groan:

MILAN HANDS OFF CASSANO! :fero:
Milan doesn't need a striker?

Crespo is on loan, Inzaghi is on the downside of his career, and Thomasson is prettydecent, but not much more than that. As great as Sheva is, he can't do it alone up front.

And I don't consider Kaka a forward, per se. He plays there quite a bit, but his natural position is a midfielder, and once Rui Costa is gone, then Kaka will take over that role.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Sergio ] ++
If its a bidding war between Milan and Juve for Cassano's services, Milan wins it hands down.

#1) Berlusconi's checkbook
#2) Milan can offer a quality striker like a Thomasson as part of the exchange
3) Cassano won't have the icon of the franchise lurking over his shoulder fighting for the same position in Milan that he would at Juve.
And condersing Sensi the Hut would be overseeing this bidding war, I doubt he would make any exceptions towards his beloved rivals Juventus.

I think we are going to have to look elsewhere to find "Del Piero's successor", and I think Pazzani is the answer. Young, talented, and doesn't have such a huge price tag just yet.

Luigito

Mar 22, 2003
With all this rumors i dont know if Cassano is going to juve, but i think that him is playing his last season with Roma.

With the almost elimination of Roma in the first phase of the champions, with the financial problems of the roman club and with the problems betewn the player and Sensi, Cassano is going to another club.

Juve_

Who knows_

LaPrimaJuve

Sep 27, 2004
Guys, as much as Milan would pay for Cassano, what if Capello comes-a-callin and says "hey buddy join la Juve!" It will happen. Then Milan will get disgruntled and buy DE ROSSI to calm their temper tantrum on their loss.

I have a lot of trouble seeing him in a rosanero shirt.

At Juve, expect to see fewer CASSANATTAs like this:
II
II
II
II
\/

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
What the hell is it with Roma players and pulling their pants up like that?!
i have the exact same question, i asked my roma fan friend and he couldnt give me a good answer

yet i did see 1 set of pictures where nedved was playing with his pants rolled up like a diaper

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Ahh that was in CINAalpizebra's "Goodbye Nedved" thread... that's probably because they were hot or something, but there's no real explanation for the Roma epidemic

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
Ahh that was in CINAalpizebra's "Goodbye Nedved" thread... that's probably because they were hot or something, but there's no real explanation for the Roma epidemic
sort of odd though, first it was the beast-like crazy man batistuta and it passed on to the tempered cry-baby cassano

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)