The Neverending Story-Cassano to Juve (8 Viewers)

Do you want to see Cassano at Juve?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Btw, many of you know this already, but for those who don't.... Inter-Bayern CL final directly decided how many teams will Italy and Germany have in season 2011/2012.
If Inter didn't win the CL final then the Germans were going to have 4 CL places next year and Juve's objective this year was gonna be top 3, not top 4, because the 4th place wasn't gonna take us to CL.

If we end up 4th this year, then we're gonna owe Inter for us playing CL next year :D
But that won't happen, hopefully, and we'll easily reach top 3.
Imagine if it was the other way around. Inter had lost and we finished #4, while some German club in 4th position made it. Would people around here be cool or would they curse Inter for sabotaging us? I think you know the answer. :D

La_Fidanzata

Feb 18, 2008
Given the status italian football have these days I cheer for all serie a teams in european competitions. We need good results, not only to qualify if we end 4. But also to be able to tempt top players. Dzeko wont come to juventus if its a step down in his career to play in italy.
Its a shame Napoli lost in england! And Inter too. The mentality they show is awful. If the tempo is high and the tackles hard they give up. Dont think that would happen if juve played these teams, but we have other problems, like lack of talent..

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Then why do the teams from Germany do better than the teams from Italy?
Italian teams are just putting all their chances and hope in Serie A, atleast the Italian teams in EL. Napoli, Palermo and Juve always play limited in Europe League and never to their full power. For CL, German teams aren't doing that good besides Bayern. Schalke and Werder aren't anything to get excited about, but the Italian teams in the CL are just failing because the teams that stand their now shouldn't be there in the first place and secondly their failing like mad. Roma have just luck with having grabbed up some wins and Milano are failing.

If you ask me both country's do the same in CL, in Europa League Italian teams dont give a shit.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Italian teams are just putting all their chances and hope in Serie A, atleast the Italian teams in EL. Napoli, Palermo and Juve always play limited in Europe League and never to their full power.
:rolleyes:

Thats an old argument thats no one "realistic" would buy it these days. German clubs earned their 4th spot because they did the right thing.

Perhaps Italian clubs did better in the champions league but overall in both competitions, The Germans are clearly better.

Italians have screwed big time, their league was hands down the best just 7 years ago and they did everything possible to destroy that league. There are some serious problems in Serie A, perhaps losing that 4th spot would be a wake up call for them (or maybe not) we'll see.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Italian teams are just putting all their chances and hope in Serie A, atleast the Italian teams in EL. Napoli, Palermo and Juve always play limited in Europe League and never to their full power. For CL, German teams aren't doing that good besides Bayern. Schalke and Werder aren't anything to get excited about, but the Italian teams in the CL are just failing because the teams that stand their now shouldn't be there in the first place and secondly their failing like mad. Roma have just luck with having grabbed up some wins and Milano are failing.

If you ask me both country's do the same in CL, in Europa League Italian teams dont give a shit.
Excuse me but this is just a load of bullshit. Excuses that are simply based on nothing. The fact is Italian teams apart from Inter do not cut it in Europe. It's really silly to say that they don't take the tournaments seriously and they prefer their domestic league.

:rolleyes:

Thats an old argument thats no one "realistic" would buy it these days. German clubs earned their 4th spot because they did the right thing.

Perhaps Italian clubs did better in the champions league but overall in both competitions, The Germans are clearly better.

Italians have screwed big time, their league was hands down the best just 7 years ago and they did everything possible to destroy that league. There are some serious problems in Serie A, perhaps losing that 4th spot would be a wake up call for them (or maybe not) we'll see.
Thank you.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I don't know about that.

I like the tempo and the physicality of the league and a lot of the stadiums.

I still prefer the tactical approach of Serie A, though.

rounder

Blindman
Jun 13, 2007
I don't know about that.

I like the tempo and the physicality of the league and a lot of the stadiums.

I still prefer the tactical approach of Serie A, though.
They're more fun to watch. Serie A is really shit now, man. Let's face it. You can always go back to the 'tactics' argument, but the bottom line is, Serie A lacks a lot of quality. The good old days where three Serie A teams can make it to the semi-final are long gone.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Do you think there's a committee that sits around a table and discuss how many spots each league should get and then go on to "give" the results as decided?
Actually Italians having 7 spots is the biggest joke, Italy deserve no more than 5 spots. Surely the number will reduce the coming years, and Italy will get what they deserve..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)