The Neverending Story-Cassano to Juve (310 Viewers)

Do you want to see Cassano at Juve?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I read Garrone was most influential in backing down, and Cassano was being coexed into it back then.

Alen, there is no sugar coating, it Cassano is a headcase, he has been contained a bit more, and has made an effort to not be destructive, or as destructive. But Samp have been cuddling him and letting him do almost anything he wants. Not much limitation. But at times he has crossed the line, like right now, and middle of last season. Moratta talking highly of him is being diplomatic, because last season he was minutes away from loaning him to Viola because he got too annoying too handle off the pitch.

I believe we can handle him somewhat if we get him, quite a gamble, but yeah he is defeniely not a mature professional by nature, risk of blowing up with setbacks, not just mere shows of frustration in middle of games (but how it is to handle him in general off the pitch). But yeah, media blow things up too.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
What was the full story (I really don't know)?

Cassano was benched for a while and Fiorentina offered Sampdoria to take Cassano on loan? Or was it Cassano who asked Sampdoria to let him go?

From what I read up there it gives an impression that DN told Cassano that he won't play him anymore, Cassano and Sampdoria searched for another option but in the end Cassano changed his mind and decided to stay (probably after being convinced that he won't be frozen out of the team).
Is it what happened?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He fell out of grace Alen, near 2 months of being frozen out, and Pozzi playing instead. It wasnt by choice or him wanting to leave.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I read Garrone was most influential in backing down, and Cassano was being coexed into it back then.

Alen, there is no sugar coating, it Cassano is a headcase, he has been contained a bit more, and has made an effort to not be destructive, or as destructive. But Samp have been cuddling him and letting him do almost anything he wants. Not much limitation. But at times he has crossed the line, like right now, and middle of last season. Moratta talking highly of him is being diplomatic, because last season he was minutes away from loaning him to Viola because he got too annoying too handle off the pitch.

I believe we can handle him somewhat if we get him, quite a gamble, but yeah he is defeniely not a mature professional by nature, risk of blowing up with setbacks, not just mere shows of frustration in middle of games (but how it is to handle him in general off the pitch). But yeah, media blow things up too.
Yeah, it's obvious that he will never be Javier Zanetti and that he can't change 100% from the nut case he was in the past. But, unless we pay big money for him, there isn't a big risk. The worst thing that can happened is Cassano to lose it all and be benched, the way Grosso is now, and then loaned out or sold. For 10m eur I'd be willing to take such risk.
What I fear the most about Cassano to Juve is that everything he does here will be looked at with even bigger attention and be exaggerated 10 times more than in Sampdoria.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Cassano is like Juventus.

A dive no different than hundreds of dives that happen all the time was enough for the Italian media to go nuts, Juve to be called cheats again and the FIGC to ban Krasic.
Cassano once says something bad, after 2 years of being totally professional, and again we hear the old stories.

Everything about Cassano and Juve is blown out of proportion.
That makes the two a perfect match.
I like this, but imagine if Cassano was to dive when playing for us; the world might implode.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
What was the full story (I really don't know)?

Cassano was benched for a while and Fiorentina offered Sampdoria to take Cassano on loan? Or was it Cassano who asked Sampdoria to let him go?

From what I read up there it gives an impression that DN told Cassano that he won't play him anymore, Cassano and Sampdoria searched for another option but in the end Cassano changed his mind and decided to stay (probably after being convinced that he won't be frozen out of the team).
Is it what happened?
That's pretty much how I remember it as well, only he wasn't benched, but completely out of the team, for reasons which were never made public as far as I know.
And since Fiorentina were looking for this type of player, everyone involved agreed the deal, but it was cancelled in the end.

By the way, don't know if you saw it but I also replied to your other post concerning unprofessional behaviour by all players. I think it's important that we realise that there are very big differences when it comes to "unprofessional" behaviour.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah, it's obvious that he will never be Javier Zanetti and that he can't change 100% from the nut case he was in the past. But, unless we pay big money for him, there isn't a big risk. The worst thing that can happened is Cassano to lose it all and be benched, the way Grosso is now, and then loaned out or sold. For 10m eur I'd be willing to take such risk.
What I fear the most about Cassano to Juve is that everything he does here will be looked at with even bigger attention and be exaggerated 10 times more than in Sampdoria.
I agree, the risk is worth it. But it sounded like you were downplaying the character flaws of his. He is quite unpredictable. But yeah he wont be big big money, and hopefully would not blow up and think he is too big for the club in his behaviour like he has at times been with Samp, and it should be fine. The media attention wouldnt worry me, what would worry me is how it would effect him, he doesnt work well with setbacks, and media would only add more fuel to things if he was bit off.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
We have two people who know him better than most of the others in Italy. If those two want Cassano, then there probably isn't a big problem with him and the main problem was in the relation between Garrone and Cassano (Maybe they fought last year too and it was Garrone who ordered DN not to play Cassano?). If they don't want him, then there is problem with Cassano himself.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
We have two people who know him better than most of the others in Italy. If those two want Cassano, then there probably isn't a big problem with him and the main problem was in the relation between Garrone and Cassano (Maybe they fought last year too and it was Garrone who ordered DN not to play Cassano?). If they don't want him, then there is problem with Cassano himself.
So, what you're saying is we'll maybe (probably?) never know.

Since him not coming here doesn't necessarily mean DN & Marotta don't want him. :D

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
So, what you're saying is we'll maybe (probably?) never know.

Since him not coming here doesn't necessarily mean DN & Marotta don't want him. :D
A Cassano transfer saga will bring many information. If Juve try to get him, then the public will know about it. If Cassano is put on sale/loan, then there will be questions for Marrotta why don't Juve try to get him and Marotta will have to give an answer. Even if Marotta won't admit the real reason, not trying to get Cassano on loan or buy him cheaply will give us the real answer.
If we don't even try to get Cassano then, imo, it will mean that it's because of his character. There is no other reason why Marrota and Del Neri of all people wouldn't try to get Cassano.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
For 10-12m to get Cassano here is a hell of a lot less of a risk than spending/paying what we did for Amauri. At least with Cassano we will get something out of it...like goals/assists.

Just do it already. Gosh, for the last 2 seasons I've been telling you guys we need a new striker but we haven't come close to getting one because we wanted to "stick with what we have" and that has gotten us absolutely no where. What the hell is the big deal about Cassano coming here? So what if he is a character, let him express himself here. This environment is much better for him to be successful in than Sampadoria.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Last season wasnt due to Garrone, this latest episode is. The reason Del Neri/Marotta reconciled with him later half of last season was apparently because Garrone intervined.

I would be suprised if our former samp duo would be enthusiastic to get him. Especially Marrotta. And he wont say anything if we dont get Cassano. Prolly just be diplomatic.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Cassano is like Juventus.

A dive no different than hundreds of dives that happen all the time was enough for the Italian media to go nuts, Juve to be called cheats again and the FIGC to ban Krasic.
Cassano once says something bad, after 2 years of being totally professional, and again we hear the old stories.

Everything about Cassano and Juve is blown out of proportion.
That makes the two a perfect match.
Cassano is "absolutely nothing" like Juve.

The man had a long history of troubles and unprofessional behaviors. We didn't discover Cassano yesterday, the man was around for the past 11 years in serie A and Everyone witnessed how he screwed up "everytime single time" he was given a new chance.

Totti was his idol as a teenager and I still remember how he kept saying over and over back then that it is his biggest dream to play along side Totti, and we all know how things ended up. He fought with Totti and the club, and after spending 30 million euros on his ass Roma were pretty much happy to sell him for just 5 millions just to get rid of him.

Real madrid did (what must here think is the smart thing to do) and they thought it was a bargain to sign him for such a low price. He was given a new chance and he blew it yet again and screwed up his relationship with Capello.

Sampdoria came along and gave him yet another chance and did everything possible to keep him happy yet he screwed up again.

The media "Did Not" blow things out of proportion, you don't get frozen up by your club (specially if you are by far the best player in that club) unless something really serious happened !!

The good news is that DelNeri doesn't like him much. He was frozen out of Roma's team back when Delneri was they're coach. And he did it again last season with Sampdoria.

Talent alone doesn't guarantee success I agree with Fred when said that....

rounder

Blindman
Jun 13, 2007
Cassano is "absolutely nothing" like Juve.

The man had a long history of troubles and unprofessional behaviors. We didn't discover Cassano yesterday, the man was around for the past 11 years in serie A and Everyone witnessed how he screwed up "everytime single time" he was given a new chance.

Totti was his idol as a teenager and I still remember how he kept saying over and over back then that it is his biggest dream to play along side Totti, and we all know how things ended up. He fought with Totti and the club, and after spending 30 million euros on his ass Roma were pretty much happy to sell him for just 5 millions just to get rid of him.

Real madrid did (what must here think is the smart thing to do) and they thought it was a bargain to sign him for such a low price. He was given a new chance and he blew it yet again and screwed up his relationship with Capello.

Sampdoria came along and gave him yet another chance and did everything possible to keep him happy yet he screwed up again.

The media "Did Not" blow things out of proportion, you don't get frozen up by your club (specially if you are by far the best player in that club) unless something really serious happened !!

The good news is that DelNeri doesn't like him much. He was frozen out of Roma's team back when Delneri was they're coach. And he did it again last season with Sampdoria.

Talent alone doesn't guarantee success I agree with Fred when said that....

The guy is a human being. Why are you treating him like he has some disease he's about to spread? He's not like everyone else, he likes to express himself a a lot more than other people and that's what gets him in trouble. You see, the difference between Cassano and someone like Pirlo is that the latter puts limits to his actions and values his reputation both on and off the pitch.

Cassano doesn't have limits. He does whatever he wants to do and maybe that's because he has some psychological issues, who knows? The fact is, he's better than anyone we have now. And if we could get him for a relatively good price, and even if there's a chance he'll act like a man; then I'll take it.

Hate on the guy as much as you want. But this is the type of player that could take this team very far. Worst comes to worst, we'll just sell him. There will always be teams who want to buy this guy.

Kasaki

Moggi's Assistant
Jun 1, 2010
As a Giovinco fan I should be all against this. But I don't see why not especially if Del Piero is leaving, he can give us a couple years to find a DP replacement. As far his attitude? I'm more than sure that Del Piero/Chiellini can straighten his ass out if he fucks around. He'll realise that this club IS bigger then him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 310)