The Neverending Story-Cassano to Juve (80 Viewers)

Do you want to see Cassano at Juve?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
he looks like an old rat in that pic
But he's always looked like an old rat.

:agree: screw tonino i want dego and a harmonious dressing room
Wise words.

Ok here's a question.Lets keep it unbiased.

If Cassano does not come to Juventus,and stays at a club like Sampdoria or moves to another midtable club like Napoli,do you think he could have a Maradona like impact there?There is obviously ONE Maradona.There will never be another one.But would you put your money on Cassano single handedly,with all his footballing brilliance,and with everything negative that he comes with,having a demi-god like effect in a midtable club?
I think he's a great fit for Napoli. The town would shower love on him like "one of us". Something he'd never get in Torino. A street urchin makes good and represents the team and the town in football. You can't get any better than that. Sure, he won't have that single-handed effect as Maradona at Napoli, but I think he'd be a perfect fit for Napoli's psyche and fan base. They would tolerate a lot of his antics too, and consider it part of his local "charm".

Any Torinese businessman would want to throw him in the dungeon for half of the things he does.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Edge

Jun 14, 2004
we're here talking about Cassano, Diego, Deco and cie but I'm still trying to figure out why we have only one LB in the roster.

:crazy:
Funny that, the start of the season, the LB area was probably the best covered position for the team. Chiel, Dom, Molin.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Ok here's a question.Lets keep it unbiased.

If Cassano does not come to Juventus,and stays at a club like Sampdoria or moves to another midtable club like Napoli,do you think he could have a Maradona like impact there?There is obviously ONE Maradona.There will never be another one.But would you put your money on Cassano single handedly,with all his footballing brilliance,and with everything negative that he comes with,having a demi-god like effect in a midtable club?
He could be great, but not with the same level of influence that Maradona had.

Napoli would probably be the ideal club for him.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Wherever he ends up playing, (hopefully in Serie A), I wish the young man nothing but the best.

I really want to see him succeed, and more importantly, become an integral part of L'Azzurri again

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Paolo Buffon is a Nazi.
:p
I'm experiencing a slightly odd phenomenon: whenever Italy play a match at the World Cup (as they did last night, beating a much-fancied German team with two late, late goals) I get a definite 'spike' in visitors to this site, most of whom seem to be looking for stories connecting Italian keeper Gianluigi Buffon with fascism, and find that typing those search terms into Google brings them directly here.

Well, I blogged it back in December, and in honour of the Italians' progress to Sunday's final, here's the relevant bit again:

On a trip to Poland in 1997 the Italian players apparently refused to accompany federation officials on a visit to Auschwitz. Paolo Di Canio has frequently courted controversy by making fascist salutes at Lazio's notorious far-right 'ultras'. But the award has to go to the Juventus and Italy goalkeeper, Gianluigi Buffon (81 caps):

Gianluigi Buffon, the Italian national goalkeeper, has worn a T-shirt sporting the fascist slogan, 'Death to those who surrender'. Buffon also raised a few eyebrows last year when he picked 88 as his shirt number for the new season. The decision upset Italy's Jewish community, which pointed out that the figure is sometimes used as a neo-Nazi symbol - 'H' is the eighth letter of the alphabet, so 88 equates to HH, or Heil Hitler.

Buffon denied any knowledge of the link, claiming: 'I have chosen 88 because it reminds me of four balls and in Italy we all know what it means to have balls: strength and determination.'

Whatever. The fragrant Allessandra Mussolini was one of his few supporters after that incident:

Buffon appeared for a television interview with a right-wing slogan on his jersey which, roughly translated, meant: "Death to him who gives up." Buffon, who later said he had no idea that the slogan was a rallying cry for a 1970 right-wing riot in the southern city of Reggio Calabria, had merely sought to encourage his embattled teammates. "I don't know anything about politics," he said.

But by the time the lower house of parliament gathered on Tuesday, Buffon's gesture had become a national political issue, provoking the ire of Interior Minister Rosa Russo Jervolino and the praise of Alessandra Mussolini, granddaughter of "Il Duce."

Mussolini, a deputy for the far-right National Alliance party, caused uproar in the Chamber of Deputies on Tuesday when she appeared wearing a T-shirt on which was written: "Death to him who gives up on Buffon." Chamber President Carlo Giovanardi repeatedly invited her to cover up her shirt, but Mussolini declined, sparking a boisterous row between deputies on the left and the right. Giovanardi was twice forced to suspend the session.

"This is a not a sports bar," Giovanardi told the deputies. "I'm ashamed of this parliament."
the qoute of buffon saying i chose 88 because i thought it looked like 4 balls was gold. i dont think he is a fascist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 80)