The Neverending Story-Cassano to Juve (22 Viewers)

Do you want to see Cassano at Juve?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Lapo Elkann, a member of the legendary Agnelli family, has fuelled talk that Juventus will sign Antonio Cassano.

Elkann, the nephew of Giovanni and Umberto Agnelli - who had very close links with the club, has stated that he would love the Roman to join in the summer.

"I don’t get involved in transfer policy but I really do like Cassano," said the FIAT marketing director.

"I seem to remember that he was the best Italian player at the 2004 European Championship Finals."

The 26-year-old added: "Cassano is a youngster who had a difficult childhood and he’s difficult to manage because he has a strong character.

"But he does some extraordinary things on the pitch and if he’s well looked after, then he can become the best Italian player ever."

Cassano has been associated with a Turin switch as his current contract expires in 2006 and because he could again link up with boss Fabio Capello.

Rumours have suggested that Adrian Mutu, a January signing, could be offered to the Giallorossi as part of a player plus cash deal.

But the Romanian thinks they can co-exist. "His arrival wouldn’t be a problem for me," said the currently banned former Chelsea player.

"I hope to stay at Juventus even if it won’t be up to me. I’m even ready to play in midfield for this club."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
source: http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/feb9f.html
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I posted this in a seperate thread because the Cassano thread is closed

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I didn't think that far, I was just coming from the gym, hungry and the news made me happy

Excuse me, now what do you think about it? Do you still believe that it is impossible to happen?

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
Yes, we arent in the same position as before, we are pressuring Inter and Udinese for a CL spot, and we'll be competitive next season, seriously i think we have one of the best teams in the league, and now that we are starting to actually look like a team will hopefully convince players to stay, the ball is in Totti's court, if he is too leave then i wish him all the best, and a huge thank for everything he has done for us, but if he stays it'll convince Cassano to stay, in turn players like De Rossi and Chivu will fall-into place as well. Sensi will want a competitive Roma, and will not want to sell anyone.

PS. Chivu is set to be on the bench in our next game!

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I really hpoe that Cassano comes cause he is a great player 10 times better than DP and he and Zlatan could make an impressive partnership

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)