The Neverending Story-Cassano to Juve (88 Viewers)

Do you want to see Cassano at Juve?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 4, 2004
Il Fenomeno said:
I think Cassano will go to Inter, they need him more than us as we have so many forwards already. Inter could lose both Cruz and Recoba in the summer so they'll need reinforcements.

Yeah they do really need him..

i still think that we will get him.. but if we dont, then he will go to Inter, Real or stay at Roma...

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Il Fenomeno said:
I think Cassano will go to Inter, they need him more than us as we have so many forwards already. Inter could lose both Cruz and Recoba in the summer so they'll need reinforcements.
I hope so

italian_stylez

Feb 27, 2005
Football Italia
Juve to hold Cassano talks - 1/12/05
--------------------------------------------------

Juventus are lining up an approach for Roma’s unsettled striker Antonio Cassano, according to reports in Italy.

The Turin club have been conspicuously quiet on the whole Cassano affair for a number of weeks now, while the former Bari star has been linked with possible moves to Real Madrid and Inter.

Now, though, Juventus director general Luciano Moggi is understood to be planning a swoop for the striker and will meet with Cassano’s agent, Beppe Bozzo, on Friday to discuss the matter.

While Inter’s interest in Cassano seems to have waned with their declaration this week that they will only buy him if he is available on a free in the summer, Real Madrid have had delegates in Rome for a number of days.

However, the Spanish club are said to be put off by Roma’s asking price of £8.2m for a player that will command no transfer fee in June and are holding out for additional players to be included in the deal – namely Cristian Chivu and Daniele De Rossi.

With Cassano preferring to remain in Italy, the Bianconeri now seem to be in the box seat and Moggi will discuss two possibilities with Bozzo.

Firstly, a favourable price for the player in January or, secondly, first option on the player in the summer with a gentleman’s agreement to compensate the Giallorossi to some degree – either with cash or perhaps by exchanging a player.

Any such deal will depend on the outcome of the imminent decision by the European Court of Arbitration for Sport (TAS) on whether or not to lift the transfer embargo on Roma, which was imposed after the non-payment of fees following the 'purchase’ of Philippe Mexes from Auxerre.

Although Cassano first choice-club would be Inter, as he is a lifelong Nerazzurri fan, the 24-year-old would not be averse to teaming up with Fabio Capello, under whom he enjoyed a successful spell at Roma.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Yes, although one has to be wary as to what implications this move would have on us if it is to go through. Surely, I wouldnt like to see the back of anyone of our attacking options in favour of this move, given how well its all gelling currently. Cassano can come in, but it better not be at the expense of the balance of the team. Also, the amount of speculation that surrounds his move, I think there is a likelihood more clubs are going to be getting involved, so its only going to become an even more delicate situation. Anyway, I think this Cassano-Juve saga is perhaps one of the biggest in our history, so its time it gets put to an end once and for all, before it distracts those on the squad.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
if anyone was to leave it will be zalayeta as mutu can play LM trez and zlatan are untouchable and DP is the fans favourite(plus no other team could pay his wages)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 88)