The Neverending Story-Cassano to Juve (19 Viewers)

Do you want to see Cassano at Juve?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Juventinoo ] ++

whati s the problem of this formation

Thruam......Canna.........Zambro
............Emo........Viera............
Camo......................Neddy
................Cassano................
...........Zlatan......Trezgol.........

I don't know how good idea is to use Zambro as a CB.

He won't run forward?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stu

Jul 14, 2002

whati s the problem of this formation

Thruam......Canna.........Zambro
............Emo........Viera............
Camo......................Neddy
................Cassano................
...........Zlatan......Trezgol.........
Zambrotta cannot play in a back three. He is a full back, an attacking one at that, not a centre back. In a three man defence you play three centre backs, whether it be in a 3-4-3, 3-4-1-2, 3-4-2-1, 3-5-2, whatever.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by tassard ] ++

I don't know how good idea is to use Zambro as a CB.

He won't tun forward?
Exactly. Playing Zambrotta at centre back would be a complete waste. It nullifies Gianluca's strengths and exposes his weaknesses.

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

If Roma's transfer embargo is lifted then a move for Cassano will be back on, if not he won't be joining us. I know that Roma can sell regardless of the transfer embargo decision but if it is not lifted then they can only sell in straight cash deals and we cannot afford Cassano in that kind of situation.
ok

Fine, let's leave it at that.
:D:D

You actually take what is said in the media seriously? When Juve is concerned talk is highly irrelevant. Moggi said that we couldn't afford Vieira and that he was only interested in bargain buys. What happened? We signed Vieira.
no ....if mogii says...it's ok....but when Buffun, Nedved, Zambrota, Emerson, Cannavaro all called him...aslo Capello...Girarduo...and Moggi...and Agnile Family.....i think he is main target for us ....

We can't spend money that we don't have.
what do u think about the formula in my signature...can't be true...at the end we have 29mil.....where Vieira only this year cost us 10m with the other 10m in 2ys inst.

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004

Zambrotta cannot play in a back three. He is a full back, an attacking one at that, not a centre back. In a three man defence you play three centre backs, whether it be in a 3-4-3, 3-4-1-2, 3-4-2-1, 3-5-2, whatever.
ur right .....missing another CB...:down::down: and where we will put Zambro :down:......so it's the shit 4 4 2 ....:down::down::down:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
You would have to either leave out Zambrotta which is almost unthinkable or drop Camoranesi, Nedved or a striker. That's why I believe that Cassano would cause more problems than he would solve. We can get him next season when we really need a replacement for Del Piero.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002

no ....if mogii says...it's ok....but when Buffun, Nedved, Zambrota, Emerson, Cannavaro all called him...aslo Capello...Girarduo...and Moggi...and Agnile Family.....i think he is main target for us ....

what do u think about the formula in my signature...can't be true...at the end we have 29mil.....where Vieira only this year cost us 10m with the other 10m in 2ys inst.
We'll just have to wait and see. It's quite clear that the players and the staff would welcome Cassano with open arms which is natural as he is an extraordinarily talented young man but I don't think that means a great deal. Time will tell...

As for the formula in your sig; you can remove the €2m Legrottaglie could have gotten us because he has been loaned out. I've also heard that Zalayeta could be loaned out instead of sold as well (and that is if he even leaves) and I'm not too sure about the money we got for selling headquarters. Anyways, everything will be revealed in due time.

Codino

The Rival
Jul 21, 2002
You would have to either leave out Zambrotta which is almost unthinkable or drop Camoranesi, Nedved or a striker. That's why I believe that Cassano would cause more problems than he would solve. We can get him next season when we really need a replacement for Del Piero.
yeh this is wat i thought too. he is not urgent. u have ur forwards for this season. u really dont need any more strength, zlatan and trezeguet are names that i envy.

next year would be ideal for cassano. i can see it now,
after italy come home with the worldcup trophy, cassano will be the hero and his transfer to juve will make him a STAR.

hahaha!

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004

We'll just have to wait and see. It's quite clear that the players and the staff would welcome Cassano with open arms which is natural as he is an extraordinarily talented young man but I don't think that means a great deal. Time will tell...

As for the formula in your sig; you can remove the €2m Legrottaglie could have gotten us because he has been loaned out. I've also heard that Zalayeta could be loaned out instead of sold as well (and that is if he even leaves) and I'm not too sure about the money we got for selling headquarters. Anyways, everything will be revealed in due time.
yeah...time will tell ....

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Codino ] ++

yeh this is wat i thought too. he is not urgent. u have ur forwards for this season. u really dont need any more strength, zlatan and trezeguet are names that i envy.

next year would be ideal for cassano. i can see it now,
after italy come home with the worldcup trophy, cassano will be the hero and his transfer to juve will make him a STAR.

hahaha!
thats not funny:p

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004

ur right .....missing another CB...:down::down: and where we will put Zambro :down:......so it's the shit 4 4 2 ....:down::down::down:
Wad is the problem with 4-4-2? I don't see any other problem for this, other than it makes the game boring becos it is too defensive. Somehow I prefer 4-3-1-2

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Spalletti: Wanted trio will stay Monday 18 July, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roma boss Luciano Spalletti is confident that Antonio Cassano, Cristian Chivu and Amantino Mancini will remain with the club .

Cassano has been linked with Juventus, Inter are keen on Chivu, while both of the aforementioned giants have been associated with Mancini.

But Spalletti, who joined the outfit over the summer from Udinese, is remaining optimistic about their futures.

"Cassano will stay," said Spalletti. "That was the feeling I had when I signed. The club can’t offer me certain guarantees but I believe he will stay, as will Mancini and Chivu.

"If anyone of them did leave, because of an enticing offer, then we will look for players of similar calibre to replace them."

However, the Giallorossi are currently banned from operating on the transfer market due to their controversial capture of Philippe Mexes last summer.

"I have a good squad but the embargo (which is currently under appeal) is limiting us," continued the former Empoli and Sampdoria man.

"Nevertheless, this remains a team full of important players and we can go on even without new additions."

Roma should get a verdict on whether they can buy again by the end of this week, but the stop has already seen them miss out on David Pizarro.

The playmaker was a phenomenon under Spalletti at Udinese but he has now joined Internazionale.

"The lack of his arrival will be felt but I want to again underline that we have a good group of players here," added the balding tactician.

Roma endured a desperately disappointing campaign last term but the new man believes they can bounce back.

"My players need to think about resolving certain things that went wrong last year," he noted.

"We need to work hard on the pitch. If you don’t run, you don’t get the ball and without the ball you don’t score…"

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
frankly..the more i read about the cassano story..the more certain i become that one of the main reasons why a lot of juventus fans dont want him is bcoz he wud effectivley kill off del piero.
del piero wud already have a tough time making the first team with mutu around,and if cassano arrives,his first tream chances, or even his chances on the bench would be as good as over.

cassano is a major threat to del piero's position in juventus's lineup(and so is mutu).im sure that the "we dont want cassano" shouts are coming from die hard del piero fans.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
del piero with cassano,i wud accept it.
but i cant see a juventus icon going to roma.
though stranger things have happened in football.
so i wudnt mind offloading dp for cassano.
dp's been a great servant for juventus,but i guess now is the time for him to move on.
if he wants to be in contention for the 2006 wc,he needs to look for a new club.
i dont think he'll get enuff playing time coz mutu/cassano wud be at juventus.
and if BOTH of them are at juventus,then its bye bye del piero as far as the 2006 wc in concerned.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
although i cant believe it also , but it will be good for dp cause he will start every game in roma while in juve this is not guranteed

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004

So now after many other members told you that Zambrotta cannot play as CB you got convinced?

:rofl: you sure are a funny guy, we won the league with the so called "shit" 4-4-2.

You say that Juventus will be more boring with Vieira (another DM), we (the other members on this board) call it more tactical.

The funny thing is, I can't recall what you called me a few days ago when I was having the same discussion with you, I wonder if you will call all the other members that are discussing with you the same thing.

Have a nice day dude.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Del Piero for Cassano would be a logical move on Juve's part. Only if that means he's sold to make for Cassano, and not given to Roma in exchange for Cassano. I'd really like to see him get some first team football at a mid level club like Palermo or Sampdoria - because in all honesty, the only shot he has at getting to the world cup is playing first team football. And its a long shot at that, especially if he continues at Juve.

Imagine: Ibra, Trez, Mutu, Cassano. That's a better line up than Milan's in my opinion.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++
Del Piero for Cassano would be a logical move on Juve's part. Only if that means he's sold to make for Cassano, and not given to Roma in exchange for Cassano. I'd really like to see him get some first team football at a mid level club like Palermo or Sampdoria - because in all honesty, the only shot he has at getting to the world cup is playing first team football. And its a long shot at that, especially if he continues at Juve.

Imagine: Ibra, Trez, Mutu, Cassano. That's a better line up than Milan's in my opinion.
It is better than Milan with Del Piero instead of Cassano

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)