The NBA Thread (43 Viewers)

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
For regular season. He absolutely refuses to adjust to anything in the playoffs and only does one thing ALL the time. Nurse, Stevens, Spoelstra would coach circles around him.

Billy Donovan, McMillan, Lue, Atkinson, even Gentry are all better coaches than him.

Or just go the ex-player route with Billups or Sam Cassell.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
nah, he’s a good coach i think. Plus our options are limited

You want extreme esmall ball and shoot 3s til I die coach of past 30 years, in your Philly team, with both your franchise players being big men? With one being an average perimeter shooter and the other historic awful one, are you really sure about this? :D

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
You want extreme esmall ball and shoot 3s til I die coach of past 30 years, in your Philly team, with both your franchise players being big men? With one being an average perimeter shooter and the other historic awful one, are you really sure about this? :D
it would be nice to get Ben to shoot and also adding more shooters to the team. He’s a pretty good coach overall tho, I’d take him over Ty Lue anyday

- - - Updated - - -

Fuk the NBA and all their BS talk. Go to China, they love you and you love them more than the US of A! Total HYPOCRITES!
1600089176739.png

His only concern is $$$$$!
what’s wrong Mr.Monkey?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah I would welcome him with open arms in Minnesota too, but he is not exactly ideal fit for Philly for sure. Ben wouldnt just suddenly start shooting, and D'Antoni dont like centers as main piece, or another main piece that cant shoot. Hard to see how it would work.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Yeah I would welcome him with open arms in Minnesota too, but he is not exactly ideal fit for Philly for sure. Ben wouldnt just suddenly start shooting, and D'Antoni dont like centers as main piece, or another main piece that cant shoot. Hard to see how it would work.
I don’t think it’s D’Antoni that doesn’t like centers, I think that was Morey forcing his hand. But regardless, Embiid is a generational talent at center, he’s not an Ariza or Gobert. Dude can defend and also put up 40 ppg.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Oh I know its Morey ball, but he hired D'Antoni because he is a OG small ball coach, do you remember his Suns of early 00s? committed full time small ball run and gun 7 seconds play style, with small forward shawn Marion as only big in certain playoff series (and 6'9 Stoudamire forced to be center starter when he wants to be PF), in a time when everyone played with 2 bigs. They ran people off the floor with smaller size, speed, skill, shooting. Super entertaining.

Tell me how a coach who wants this every time he gets free reign to do his thing (suns and rockets), plays with Embiid who needs to be post player to do damage, and a Simmons that cant shoot.

What ruins D'Antoni rockets is the Westbrook trade, Morey didnt want it either, but Harden couldnt work with Paul so he forced their hand. But Westbrook is awful for a system like this, because he is a sketchy shooter, it would be 5 times worse with a non shooter as simmons for D'Antoni.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Mike D is a coach you hire for the regular season. He brings fun, entertaining, winking basketball to your town.

Don’t expect anything past that

cc James Dolan :seven:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah exactly Dru, he fails at playoffs because he subcribes to the idea you dont need to play defense (besides the naive small ball stubborness), and playoffs become about who have the better defense. You can run and gun with highlight reel offense in regular season, but come playoff time, that shit dont fly.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Morey and co. are going to let his contract lapse

HOU will have trouble replacing him especially with the squad they have in place right now.

while Mike D will get hired elsewhere for more $$

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah he will easily find jobs. But Rockets are fucked, they traded picks to get westbrook for CP3, and lost one of the only younger quality assets they had in Capella, to play small ball. All they have left are average/decent veteran role players, two stars in early 30s. No young talent in roster, no picks to add such players either. And the coach you built this small ball roster for is gone (who as flawed as he is, guranteed top 3-4 in west conference with his offense schemes). So what the hell are you doing now?

If I was Warriors I would call up Rockets and see who they want for Covington.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
You think Luca will leave Mavs? :D What makes you think that? He got the key to the kingdom as a rookie to run the team by Cuban, have history of proper BBall playing organisation that builds with smart role players and supports its franchise guy. Quality coach, Dirk in your ear, KP, they just need to add another star and more talent in general.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Dallas isn't a big enough market nor do they have the winning pedigree as an organization.

Reasons why he will leave are no different than Dirk's time:
  • more $$ elsewhere
  • better complementary players elsewhere
  • better coaching
KP isn't going to be a starter in 2 years. Dallas always has issues attracting prime talent and that will not change. Younger players don't exhibit the same resolve to stay with a single franchise their entire careers. Nothing wrong with staying or leaving. It's just that upward mobility has always been a real thing and now it isn't frowned upon. Plus Luka is a star. It took Dirk basically a decade of playing to earn respect in the league. That's not the case here. It would behoove the league to make sure it's stars are properly positioned on teams to keep the leagues profile at the top.

It's all speculation right now but that's my two cents based on the sentiment of Mavs fans who foresee the same.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 41)