The NBA Thread (45 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Hopefully Giannis goes to a team where he can build his own dynasty, not piggyback on someone else's. The reason I dislike sellouts like that fake poser Lebum and the shitcunt KD is because of defecting and trying to build/join super teams. Both of them are incredibly toxic players.

And yes @Post Ironic Lebum is probably top 5 of all time, but he's still a disgusting shitcunt.
you such a drama queen, bro. :p :heart:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I've no interest in the goat debates and crap like that, but with AD, Harden and Westbrook all in their primes on the floor, old Lebron is still clearly the top player between those two teams
Yes, he's been the best player on the floor, but I've never trusted Harden to show up in the Playoffs and Russ is always hot and cold. It still doesn't take away from the fact that Lebum is a cunt. There is no GOAT debate.

- - - Updated - - -

you such a drama queen, bro. :p :heart:
You're a Lakers fan, so good time for you. As a Magic fan, I'd rather see more balance in the league. We're not a big market team and if there's another dynasty like that Warriors team, it's just bad for the league.

I'd rather have 6-7 teams competing at a high level, in with a chance of winning the championship every season.

How do you rate your chances against the Clips btw (seeing as that is the likely matchup and the one everyone, ostensibly, wants to see)?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Yes, he's been the best player on the floor, but I've never trusted Harden to show up in the Playoffs and Russ is always hot and cold. It still doesn't take away from the fact that Lebum is a cunt. There is no GOAT debate.

- - - Updated - - -

You're a Lakers fan, so good time for you. As a Magic fan, I'd rather see more balance in the league. We're not a big market team and if there's another dynasty like that Warriors team, it's just bad for the league.

I'd rather have 6-7 teams competing at a high level, in with a chance of winning the championship every season.

How do you rate your chances against the Clips btw (seeing as that is the likely matchup and the one everyone, ostensibly, wants to see)?
Think we need LeBron and AD to show up and absolutely dominate every single game of that series to have a shot. Hard to see Bron doing that having Kawhi guarding him. He’ll go off in a couple games but it may not be enough if AD doesn’t go off every single game.

Good thing is we will be able to play Howard and McGee again and dominate the paint at both ends. We’ll miss having Avery Bradley to guard Lou Williams and make things tough at the perimeter.

Series could go either way, but I think they have a lot more depth and their depth players are more of a guarantee to perform, whereas ours are far more inconsistent and the ones who should have been rocks for us like DG, and Kuzma who should have stepped us this year, have disappointed.

It should be close like the regular season, but I can see them taking it.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Think we need LeBron and AD to show up and absolutely dominate every single game of that series to have a shot. Hard to see Bron doing that having Kawhi guarding him. He’ll go off in a couple games but it may not be enough if AD doesn’t go off every single game.

Good thing is we will be able to play Howard and McGee again and dominate the paint at both ends. We’ll miss having Avery Bradley to guard Lou Williams and make things tough at the perimeter.

Series could go either way, but I think they have a lot more depth and their depth players are more of a guarantee to perform, whereas ours are far more inconsistent and the ones who should have been rocks for us like DG, and Kuzma who should have stepped us this year, have disappointed.

It should be close like the regular season, but I can see them taking it.
I am honestly torn. I hate the Cuntics, but it seems like they'll make it out of the East. They have an exciting young core with Tatum, Brown, and Smart but I can't bring myself to support them.

In The West, like you said, The Clippers have a lot of depth, but aside from Kawhi, that team has way too many disgusting players.

The question is, IF Kawhi wins 3 titles with 3 different teams while being Finals MVP in each series, where do we rank him all time? :boh: :D

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I am honestly torn. I hate the Cuntics, but it seems like they'll make it out of the East. They have an exciting young core with Tatum, Brown, and Smart but I can't bring myself to support them.

In The West, like you said, The Clippers have a lot of depth, but aside from Kawhi, that team has way too many disgusting players.

The question is, IF Kawhi wins 3 titles with 3 different teams while being Finals MVP in each series, where do we rank him all time? :boh: :D
I don't think winning with different teams is that impressive. Spurs and clippers are great teams while he had the luck to go against injury ridden GS in the final with Toronto

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

He’s an all-time player (probably similar place to D Wade maybe?) but nowhere near top 10 and guys at the edge of that like Shaq, Kobe, Tim Duncan, etc. Even KD. He gets big props for turning himself into a superstar and one of the top 3 players in the league, what he did last year was brilliant, but he just hasn’t been on this level long enough to be amongst those top 15-20ish players.

That first title almost anyone on that team could have been finals MVP. Kawhi was great defensively (So were others), but was not a dominant force on the offensive end yet. He wasn’t a superstar yet. Those Spurs were just a real team, and Pop is such an amazing coach. Their team play on both ends was just brilliant to watch.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly, if I set aside my Lakers fan status, I want Raptors to repeat or the Heat. Love the Raptors style, and Jimmy Butler is the best. Lol

If not for LeBron behaving more and more like a hypocrite and poser these past couple years, and going overboard on the self-aggrandizing again after mellowing out for a few years, I love the personalities on this Lakers team. They look like they’re always having a ton of fun playing the game this year.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I want the heat to win.

The issue with Kawhi is that he will always be underrated due to his injuries. If he was able to play consistently, he’d have a case for best player in the league. He can shoot from anywhere, is one of the best defenders in the league, can ISO with the best of them, and most importantly is amazingly clutch. Every game.

but he doesn’t play much in the regular season and that will hurt him a bit. But he does have the pedigree of an all time great and also has the postseason success to back that up

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Raptors going down but in style. Siakam shut down most of the series. Celtics just had more quality and are probably going to the finals imo

btw I would like to know who the hacks are who keep voting for Beverley on these awards. 1st he made it to top10 in the voting for DPOY and now he made all defensive 2nd team lol

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Raptors going down but in style. Siakam shut down most of the series. Celtics just had more quality and are probably going to the finals imo

btw I would like to know who the hacks are who keep voting for Beverley on these awards. 1st he made it to top10 in the voting for DPOY and now he made all defensive 2nd team lol
Siakam was a burden most often than not in the series (except the 6th game). Kyle Lowry was great, still that was not enough

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Siakam was a burden most often than not in the series (except the 6th game). Kyle Lowry was great, still that was not enough
Siakam became a star a little too quickly, he's not ready to carry a team yet. This is still Lowrys team

- - - Updated - - -

Dragic, Doncic, Saric, Bojan, Bogdan, Bjelica, Jokic, Vucevic, Nurkic

Bring it on USAbasketball

Last edited:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Fun fact, last time Lakers and Celtics faced off in the finals was 2010. Rondo played for Boston. It's 2020 and there is a possibility they meet again in the finals. Rondo is there again but this time he's on the Lakers. Could become the 1st player to win one with both rivals

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
What a shootout by the Lakers, destroyed the Rockets with the 3pt parade and defense. Young guys looking great, Kuzma, Caruso in particular but also THT with some nice minutes. Props to AD for taking a back seat and letting others run the show. Now let's see those clipper bitches

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 42)