The NBA Thread (18 Viewers)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Tough battle so far, James and Davis doing their thing as well as Kawhi and PG on the other side. Loved Kuzmas defense and effort, Caruso did a good job on PG couple of possessions, Bradley on the ball is great as usual. We need more help on offense though. More 2on2 game from James and Davis as well. Rondo was terrible, Howard struggles vs Harrell, so reduce their minutes rest of the game for Caruso and Morris

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I now know Lonzo's purpose.

To throw 70ft alley oop lobs to Zion.

Anyone else see that?

- - - Updated - - -

Much needed win

- - - Updated - - -

If Waiters can get his head out of his ass when he joins up, this team is going to have some serious depth

Last edited:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Why am I not surprised. Someone should tell him that the Clippers hadn't played since Thursday
Now he’s blaming it on Marcus Morris, saying Lebron is only good when front running, Avery Bradley was the GOAT today, and the Clippers didn’t really want to win this game.

Anything to avoid criticizing the guy he called “number 2” all last year :lol:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I'm sorry, but I can't root for you guys. When you guys had Shaq and Kobe, you were brash and loud, but classy. This new team is just so unlikable. The smugness, the arrogance, the sense of entitlement that exudes from the players (I see how condescending they are towards their opponents and that body language), and on top of that you have Lebron.

As long as Lebron is on The Lakers, I'm rooting against you. After he's gone, I hope you win again, only so that @Post Ironic and @KB824 don't have to endure and suffer any longer (you fuckers last won a championship in 2010 - you can wait 2-3 more years. I've never seen the Magic win, so no sympathy from me :p)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I said play Rondo less because he struggled a lot in the 1st half but the guy stepped up in the 3rd quarter, and that at a time when James was on the bench and we were down after a couple of George 3s and Reggie Jackson fooled him for a and1. 13-15 consecutive points i think he either assisted or scored and it resulted in our lead going into the 4th. Then James took over in the 4th, attacking Lou Williams on pnr proved to be super effective, Clippers couldnt make he right adjustments and James abused them. Only once he was stopped (refs missed a foul from Leonard) and his drives resulted in either putback dunks, assists, FTs or him scoring himself. Davis was fantastic the entire 2nd half both sides, Clippers have no answer for him. Bradley chanelled his inner Reggie Miller and hit like 10 3s, and Kuzma keeps playing good defense and grabbing boards, still cant hit his shots though. KCP solid, decent short cameos from Morris and McGee. Just a shame Green didnt play tonight.

We stopped Williams but Harrell seems to be a difficult matchup (even though he got couple of questionable calls). George invisible in the 4th and Kawhi couldnt bring it home himself. Great win and hopefully a glimpse of the team we will see in the playoffs

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I'm sorry, but I can't root for you guys. When you guys had Shaq and Kobe, you were brash and loud, but classy. This new team is just so unlikable. The smugness, the arrogance, the sense of entitlement that exudes from the players (I see how condescending they are towards their opponents and that body language), and on top of that you have Lebron.

As long as Lebron is on The Lakers, I'm rooting against you. After he's gone, I hope you win again, only so that @Post Ironic and @KB824 don't have to endure and suffer any longer (you fuckers last won a championship in 2010 - you can wait 2-3 more years. I've never seen the Magic win, so no sympathy from me :p)
Quite funny, i actually see the Clippers that way. Love Kawhi but most of the rest i dont. Maybe its just a fan thing though :boh:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I now know Lonzo's purpose.

To throw 70ft alley oop lobs to Zion.

Anyone else see that?

- - - Updated - - -

Much needed win

- - - Updated - - -

If Waiters can get his head out of his ass when he joins up, this team is going to have some serious depth
I saw that from Zo and Zion, impressive stuff. Can see it becoming a thing with the 2

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Shay Shay is already at it :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway, this was a big win, and if Waiters can give them anything, then I'll feel a lot better about their chances

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Are we watching the same team?

Seriously. Are we?

I dont know, but I see a bunch of guys who would walk through hell for each other.

@Bianconero81
Don't get me wrong. The guys are gelling as a team and would definitely fight for each other, but their attitude towards other teams, their body language in certain instances, I dunno. Maybe I notice these subtle things more because I am actively rooting against you, so I possibly choose to focus more on the negatives.

I guess it's kinda like being a Madrid fan looking at Barca and vice versa. If you guys are the Barca in this scenario, I'm the subjective/biased Madrid fan.

I really want you guys to win, but that can happen when you bring in Giannis and Lebron retires :D

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010

lol @ the Lakers and classy. Imagine that.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Don't get me wrong. The guys are gelling as a team and would definitely fight for each other, but their attitude towards other teams, their body language in certain instances, I dunno. Maybe I notice these subtle things more because I am actively rooting against you, so I possibly choose to focus more on the negatives.

I guess it's kinda like being a Madrid fan looking at Barca and vice versa. If you guys are the Barca in this scenario, I'm the subjective/biased Madrid fan.

I really want you guys to win, but that can happen when you bring in Giannis and Lebron retires :D
If anything the Clippers are the smug, arrogant team right now. Epitomized by Kawhi and his new ads making him the “new king of LA” lol

This Lakers team is having a ton of fun on and off the court and is a super tight knit group. Quite a few of the players have come and said this is the most fun they have had in the league with this team. And the Dwight Howard reclamation project is one of the best stories in the league this year.

I do however, agree, that sometimes that “having fun” crosses the line and becomes a lot like disrespecting your opponent, and that’s happened a few times, so it’d be nice if they toned that down when it does. I said the same about Golden State, their fun often went a little far and so has ours this year.

Anyways, we don’t need you cheering for us, bro. ;) But I’ll be cheering for you to finally see your team win a title soon. :)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
If anything the Clippers are the smug, arrogant team right now. Epitomized by Kawhi and his new ads making him the “new king of LA” lol

This Lakers team is having a ton of fun on and off the court and is a super tight knit group. Quite a few of the players have come and said this is the most fun they have had in the league with this team. And the Dwight Howard reclamation project is one of the best stories in the league this year.

I do however, agree, that sometimes that “having fun” crosses the line and becomes a lot like disrespecting your opponent, and that’s happened a few times, so it’d be nice if they toned that down when it does. I said the same about Golden State, their fun often went a little far and so has ours this year.

Anyways, we don’t need you cheering for us, bro. ;) But I’ll be cheering for you to finally see your team win a title soon. :)
I don't think The Magic are ever going to win a title - they're cursed like Juve in the CL. Unlike Juve, however, I don't expect the Magic to be a contender every year, so that's what makes basketball more fun for me. No expectations = no disappointments,

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I just saw something on TV, and it's a ridiculous stat.

The youngest player in league history to surpass every scoring milestone from 1K to 34K has been Lebron.
Is it really surprising though? One of the best players of all time, entered the league at 18, played for (and obviously dominant part of) multiple successful franchises, playing during an NBA era of high-scoring games (in recent seasons there is also the advent of 3-point shooting for one and all).

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Is it really surprising though? One of the best players of all time, entered the league at 18, played for (and obviously dominant part of) multiple successful franchises, playing during an NBA era of high-scoring games (in recent seasons there is also the advent of 3-point shooting for one and all).
That is true. It is still an amazing achievement, however. Especially considering how great of a facilitator he is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)