The NBA Thread (85 Viewers)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
We added Markieff Morris, it helps solve some of the issues but we still need a 2ndary creator when James rests, someone who creates shots for himself and others. And i dont see such player on the buyout market yet. Darren Collison would have been that, a shame. Wish we could make Kuzma a ballhandler in the 2nd unit but his decision making (still) sucks.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
We added Markieff Morris, it helps solve some of the issues but we still need a 2ndary creator when James rests, someone who creates shots for himself and others. And i dont see such player on the buyout market yet. Darren Collison would have been that, a shame. Wish we could make Kuzma a ballhandler in the 2nd unit but his decision making (still) sucks.
Rondo was great the last couple games. He will be the one who creates on the second unit. If “playoff Rondo” still exists, we likely have a good playoffs and championship shot, if it doesn’t, we’ll struggle and I don’t see us getting to the finals.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Rondo was great the last couple games. He will be the one who creates on the second unit. If “playoff Rondo” still exists, we likely have a good playoffs and championship shot, if it doesn’t, we’ll struggle and I don’t see us getting to the finals.
Rondo is more of a ball distributor than a creator though. Hes not a scoring threat off the dribble even against 2nd units, he wont beat guys 1on1 and shatter defences, so teams wont focus their defensive attention on him. Basically if you get yourself in a good position, Rondo will find you, id trust him to do that as good as almost anyone in the league. But dont expect him to make you open by drawing your defender away from you.

Kuz could be that guy theoretically, but his BBIQ is not that high, so we should hope someone else becomes available before playoffs. I read Stephenson wants back, hes OK, he can drop 20 on any given night and be a bother on defense, wouldnt mind him. Not sure who else is there, Maybe DJ Augustin if the Magic fall out of the playoff race early. That would be :tuttosport:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
We met with Dion Waiters huh. If we get him Troy Daniels probably gets cut. I'd do it but let's see. Our 2nd unit and closing lineup can potentially get a game changer if he clicks with the team.

In other news, JR Smith auditioning for a return, said he's still better than 85% players in the league. 30 teams x ~15 players = ~450 players. So there are only what, ~70 players better than him? He wasn't even 2nd-3rd best player on a team when he was still playing lol.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I'm kind of hoping that Kent Bazemore or Wayne Ellington get bought out, but we will see. No point in having Daniels and Cook as outside shooters if we never play them.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
@KB824 @zizinho

Clinch our first playoff spot since 2013 with a lockdown defensive performance against the #1 Bucks. :touched:

After a poor first qtr, controlled the game from the 2nd quarter onwards. One of this team’s better performances of the season. Lebron and AD killed it. I think the Clippers are still better with all that depth, but with our two stars we’re in with a shot against anyone imo.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah Clippers are ridicolous, after Reggie Jackson who is balling out as 3rd PG (more like 2nd, sweet lou is back to playing off ball with Reggie, much better for him), they legit have 8 guys who can average 19-20 pts a game. So many options to alternate to take over any given game.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
They fired Atkinson? The fuck?????

- - - Updated - - -

Wonder how many seconds it will take until someone blames losing an excellent coach on Kyrie.

- - - Updated - - -

My prediction is Mike Brown is next Nets coach, coached Durant in Golden state, and Kyrie in Cleveland.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
@KB824 @zizinho

Clinch our first playoff spot since 2013 with a lockdown defensive performance against the #1 Bucks. :touched:

After a poor first qtr, controlled the game from the 2nd quarter onwards. One of this team’s better performances of the season. Lebron and AD killed it. I think the Clippers are still better with all that depth, but with our two stars we’re in with a shot against anyone imo.
I watched the 1st half, Giannis was killing us early as well as our atrotious shooting. We must be hitting open shots to seriously challenge, our defense cant bail us out every time. In the 2nd qt we sent out Bradley, Caruso, Kuzma, Howard and Morris, and caught up with tough defense and FTs despite offensive struggles. Then James and Giannis came back in and James defended him for the rest of the qt doing an excellent job, forcing some turnovers and bad decision making (note to Giannis, James is twice as strong as you, cant bully him in the post lol. And since you dont have than on your side, you need better handles, 3pt shooting and a better and quicker 1st step to beat him on the perimeter. Otherwise youre better off playing off ball when hes on you). Still, Lopez, Bledsoe and that italian-american guard kept them in tied at the half. I skipped the rest but i see we built the lead in the 3rd quarter and kept it through out the game, with Davis stepping up last 6 or so minutes.

Few takeaways:
-we still struggle when James sits due to not having a 2ndary playmaker. We added Waiters now, hopefully hes still at the level of recent years, then we have ourselves a very good 2nd unit.
-to me Giannis is the MVP, but with these voters its all about narratives. Last night James has won some points i believe. He defended Gìannis super well and led his teams offense, getting both a personal and team victory here. Tomorrow vs the Clippers he can reduce the gap even further and then we will see where the narrative is directed in the last couple of weeks.
-Giannis wont win a ring with Middleton as his 2nd option, and im not even talking about talent. The guy is too soft and cant (co)carry a team. If they dont get him someone better in the summer he should leave.
-i love Alex Caruso and Avery Bradley, pure hustle

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I watched the 1st half, Giannis was killing us early as well as our atrotious shooting. We must be hitting open shots to seriously challenge, our defense cant bail us out every time. In the 2nd qt we sent out Bradley, Caruso, Kuzma, Howard and Morris, and caught up with tough defense and FTs despite offensive struggles. Then James and Giannis came back in and James defended him for the rest of the qt doing an excellent job, forcing some turnovers and bad decision making (note to Giannis, James is twice as strong as you, cant bully him in the post lol. And since you dont have than on your side, you need better handles, 3pt shooting and a better and quicker 1st step to beat him on the perimeter. Otherwise youre better off playing off ball when hes on you). Still, Lopez, Bledsoe and that italian-american guard kept them in tied at the half. I skipped the rest but i see we built the lead in the 3rd quarter and kept it through out the game, with Davis stepping up last 6 or so minutes.

Few takeaways:
-we still struggle when James sits due to not having a 2ndary playmaker. We added Waiters now, hopefully hes still at the level of recent years, then we have ourselves a very good 2nd unit.
-to me Giannis is the MVP, but with these voters its all about narratives. Last night James has won some points i believe. He defended Gìannis super well and led his teams offense, getting both a personal and team victory here. Tomorrow vs the Clippers he can reduce the gap even further and then we will see where the narrative is directed in the last couple of weeks.
-Giannis wont win a ring with Middleton as his 2nd option, and im not even talking about talent. The guy is too soft and cant (co)carry a team. If they dont get him someone better in the summer he should leave.
-i love Alex Caruso and Avery Bradley, pure hustle
You skipped the second half? It was a fantastic half to watch. James bullied Giannis in the 2nd half. Locked him down for the entire 3rd quarter while killing it at the offensive end and we never really looked back. AD closed it out in the 4th.

Kuzma had a good game, especially on Defense. Bradley has been our 3rd best player for several weeks now. Caruso had a good 2nd qtr and a pretty mediocre second half. Thankfully Rondo stepped up and performed better again in the 2nd half of this one. KCP is most surprising player of the season for me (aside from Dwight). He’s been so good for us after being so bad and making so many boneheaded plays last year. We need Danny Green to find his shooting stroke soon and get more engaged, seems to be playing pretty lazily lately.

This is the type of game I want to see us able to still grind out a win in. Our 2nd worst 3 pt shooting game of the season I think (6/32 lol) and we still won. Our offense inside the arc was fantastic and punished them after the first qtr. Even with AD picking up 3 early fouls and only playing 14 minutes with 5 pts in the first half. Shooting under 20% from three as a team is very rare, but when teams play tighter perimeter D in the playoffs it can happen, so our dominance in the paint should help us a lot with that when the 3-ball isn’t falling, if we’re engaged and in playoff mode.

And yeah, Giannis is clear mvp. Would have to fall apart over the next month for it to be close with anyone else.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
You skipped the second half? It was a fantastic half to watch. James bullied Giannis in the 2nd half. Locked him down for the entire 3rd quarter while killing it at the offensive end and we never really looked back. AD closed it out in the 4th.

Kuzma had a good game, especially on Defense. Bradley has been our 3rd best player for several weeks now. Caruso had a good 2nd qtr and a pretty mediocre second half. Thankfully Rondo stepped up and performed better again in the 2nd half of this one. KCP is most surprising player of the season for me (aside from Dwight). He’s been so good for us after being so bad and making so many boneheaded plays last year. We need Danny Green to find his shooting stroke soon and get more engaged, seems to be playing pretty lazily lately.

This is the type of game I want to see us able to still grind out a win in. Our 2nd worst 3 pt shooting game of the season I think (6/32 lol) and we still won. Our offense inside the arc was fantastic and punished them after the first qtr. Even with AD picking up 3 early fouls and only playing 14 minutes with 5 pts in the first half. Shooting under 20% from three as a team is very rare, but when teams play tighter perimeter D in the playoffs it can happen, so our dominance in the paint should help us a lot with that when the 3-ball isn’t falling, if we’re engaged and in playoff mode.

And yeah, Giannis is clear mvp. Would have to fall apart over the next month for it to be close with anyone else.
Yeah it was just too late for me, i woke up for it but managed one half before calling quits. Maybe ill wake up for the 2nd half only vs Clippers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 82)

• Ali