The NBA Thread (27 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I wonder how he is going to adapt his game, since he won't be the first option anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Just when the Eastern Conference finally believes that they can be the superior conference.

Houston "Hold my beer" :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Lakers -- AD & Lebron
Clippers -- Kawhi & PG13
Houston -- Harden & Westbrook
Warriors -- Steph & Draymond
Jazz -- Conley & Donovan
Portland -- Dame & CJ
Denver -- Jokic & Murray
Dallas -- Porzingis & Luka
Spurs -- Aldridge & DeMar

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I wonder how he is going to adapt his game, since he won't be the first option anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Just when the Eastern Conference finally believes that they can be the superior conference.

You mean Harden won’t be the first option or Russ? Imo that’s still Harden’s team and the offense will run through him. Russ will provide a scary second option tho, I think his efficiency will improve

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
You mean Harden won’t be the first option or Russ? Imo that’s still Harden’s team and the offense will run through him. Russ will provide a scary second option tho, I think his efficiency will improve
Russ won't be the first option.

2 of the highest, if not THE highest usage rate players in the league

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder if CP3 will be bought out. Granted, it will be a massive windfall for him, but it could put the Thunder in great salary cap position. Now, they only have to find players who will stick around.

- - - Updated - - -

The NBA is going to be year round, much like the NFL. I actually like the drama in the NBA a lot more.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Russ won't be the first option.

2 of the highest, if not THE highest usage rate players in the league

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder if CP3 will be bought out. Granted, it will be a massive windfall for him, but it could put the Thunder in great salary cap position. Now, they only have to find players who will stick around.

- - - Updated - - -

The NBA is going to be year round, much like the NFL. I actually like the drama in the NBA a lot more.
NBA is hands down my favorite league. The players are more entertaining, more free to express themselves and the movements that have been happening are keeping everything so on fucking edge.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Russ will end up like Paul, running first option on a lot of the second team stuff and then doing the second fiddle stuff when he’s on the court with Harden.

D’Antoni made it work with Paul up until Father Time said no more son. Then his legs went and so did the scoring.

I’m interested to see if we do anything with Eric Gordon.

Last edited:

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Lakers -- AD & Lebron
Clippers -- Kawhi & PG13
Houston -- Harden & Westbrook
Warriors -- Steph & Draymond
Jazz -- Conley & Donovan
Portland -- Dame & CJ
Denver -- Jokic & Murray
Dallas -- Porzingis & Luka
Spurs -- Aldridge & DeMar
Damn this conference is fire right now. Poor Sacramento, they thought they were breaking out.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
CP3 for Westbrook wont be feasible. The last thing that a team in a rebuild like OKC would want is a far inferior point guard making the same amount of money. Young assets and draft picks are what will do the trick.
:p Chris Paul must be not very happy with how this is playing out for him, went from a championship contender to babysitter pretty fast.

from the top teams is Philly and Bucks the only two which remain relatively unchanged? could be a good thing for them next season with new star allegiances all over the league

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
:p Chris Paul must be not very happy with how this is playing out for him, went from a championship contender to babysitter pretty fast.

from the top teams is Philly and Bucks the only two which remain relatively unchanged? could be a good thing for them next season with new star allegiances all over the league
Bucks, yeah. Philly replaced two of their starting 5 and multiple players on the bench. Add to that Harris was only a deadline day deal last year. Not much continuity there aside from Embiid-Simmons

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Lol at anyone even thinking of buying out Paul's remaining 125m on his contract. Never gonna happen.

Presti is already discussing trade with CP3, most likely talks with Miami just as it was with Russ, but it will be even more difficult.

Faint option in going to Detroit but I can imagine how pissed Blake will be being reunited with CP3.

Cant think of a star teammate more disliked by his teammates then CP3 lol. I hope he ends up in Miami so he can fight with Butler, that will be amazing tv.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Lol at anyone even thinking of buying out Paul's remaining 125m on his contract. Never gonna happen.

Presti is already discussing trade with CP3, most likely talks with Miami just as it was with Russ, but it will be even more difficult.

Faint option in going to Detroit but I can imagine how pissed Blake will be being reunited with CP3.

Cant think of a star teammate more disliked by his teammates then CP3 lol. I hope he ends up in Miami so he can fight with Butler, that will be amazing tv.
Those were some of the rumors out there last night

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Yeah, I don’t see it happening either. Paul is just going to be stuck with the Thunder.
I could see him being traded to a fringe playoff team, but his days of being a part of a championship contending team are over, I believe.

- - - Updated - - -

Then again, Chris Paul is a toxic teammate. History has shown that.

Last edited:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
@Post Ironic While we were all amazed at Boogie's body transformation, it looks like Lebron has slimmed down quite a bit as well. He was playing at a weight that was much too heavy for him after that groin injury

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
James Harden, Russell Westbrook, and Kevin Durant for 8 1st round draft picks, Kevin Martin, Jeremy Lamb, Chris Paul and Steven Adams.

Why does Sam Presti still have a job?

3 Hall of Fame players for that.

Not even counting Serge Ibaka.

- - - Updated - - -

And he traded for Victor Oladipo and then traded him away.

- - - Updated - - -

The more I dig in, the worse it is getting for poor Sam

- - - Updated - - -

All those players, and they have to start over again.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Sucks being a small market team, players don’t wanna stay there. Can’t blame Presti for that, he’s put together some good rosters.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Sucks being a small market team, players don’t wanna stay there. Can’t blame Presti for that, he’s put together some good rosters.
Small market is a bad excuse. Houston, San Antonio, and Portland manage to stay competitive. He’s acquired a lot of talent in its prime and hasn’t done much or received much except for a Finals appearance.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Small market is a bad excuse. Houston, San Antonio, and Portland manage to stay competitive. He’s acquired a lot of talent in its prime and hasn’t done much or received much except for a Finals appearance.
San Antonio is the only place mentioned that has won anything lately tho. OKC has been a team for like 10 years and they were competitive for most of them. I’d say they’ve been on par with Houston and more competitive than portland in the 10 years they’ve been there.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Harden wanted to stay there. The owner didn't want to go into Luxury Tax territory. The same owner who moved the team out of Seattle so that he could place them in his home state of Oklahoma.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)