The NBA Thread (33 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Hey Guys. Riddle me this. I'm trying very hard to find the difference in these 4 scenarios

Lebron James : " I want to play with the best players , so I will help recruit them to come to the Lakers"

Public Opinion "That shit is weak!. How much help do you need? You dirty snake, trying to get AD on the Lakers when you have 1 year left on your contract!!!"

Kawhi Leonard "I will sign with the Lakers unless you get me another superstar to play with, before I sign as a free agent"

Public Opinion "Board man gets paid!! Great job of recruiting!! Way to get Paul George to force the issue with the Thunder while he still had 3 years left on his contract!!! You NEED another superstar to win in this league, Kawhi!!!"

Anthony Davis " New Orleans, I know that it is 12 days before the trade deadline, and I know I have 1 year on my contract, but I want to be traded to the Lakers"

Public Opinion "Boo!! You Weasel!! you still have a year on your contract!! How dare you force the issue and try to leverage your way to the team of your choice while under contract!!!!"

Paul George "Oklahoma, I know that it is 4 DAYS before the new fiscal league starts, and I have 3 years left on my contract, but I want to be traded to the LA Clippers so that I can team up with Kawhi."

Public Opinion "YES!!! You go PG13!! You played this perfectly!!! You got out of your situation with Oklahoma to come back home!!! Power to the Players!!!"

Someone help me out here.
There is no difference.

Exactly.

So why are Kawhi and Paul George being universally praised for what they just pulled off, while Lebron and AD were widely panned for the same thing?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Hey Guys. Riddle me this. I'm trying very hard to find the difference in these 4 scenarios

Lebron James : " I want to play with the best players , so I will help recruit them to come to the Lakers"

Public Opinion "That shit is weak!. How much help do you need? You dirty snake, trying to get AD on the Lakers when he has 1 year left on his contract!!!"

Kawhi Leonard "I will sign with the Lakers unless you get me another superstar to play with, before I sign as a free agent"

Public Opinion "Board man gets paid!! Great job of recruiting!! Way to get Paul George to force the issue with the Thunder while he still had 3 years left on his contract!!! You NEED another superstar to win in this league, Kawhi!!!"

Anthony Davis " New Orleans, I know that it is 12 days before the trade deadline, and I know I have 1 year on my contract, but I want to be traded to the Lakers"

Public Opinion "Boo!! You Weasel!! you still have a year on your contract!! How dare you force the issue and try to leverage your way to the team of your choice while under contract!!!!"

Paul George "Oklahoma, I know that it is 4 DAYS before the new fiscal league starts, and I have 3 years left on my contract, but I want to be traded to the LA Clippers so that I can team up with Kawhi."

Public Opinion "YES!!! You go PG13!! You played this perfectly!!! You got out of your situation with Oklahoma to come back home!!! Power to the Players!!!"

Someone help me out here.
They aren’t different. But you know the difference. You have to.

One scenario was played out in public. The others behind closed doors. News came out after everything was done.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

One scenario was played out in public. The others behind closed doors. News came out after everything was done.
One involved Lebron, the most hated on athlete in the NBA (for some bizarre reason), and the Lakers who are the most widely despised franchise.

The other involved innocent, quiet Kawhi (who coincidentally forced his way out of San Antonio just a year ago), and the endless underdog Clippers.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

If the results are the same, then the reactions should be as well. In actuality, what just happened is slightly worse than what happened with Lebron and AD. Lebron came to the Lakers last year knowing full well they may not get a superstar right away. he didn't dangle a carrot over anyone's nose saying "Get me another superstar or I'm not coming." And although AD made his trade request public, at least they did so with enough time to properly evaluate the trading landscape. They didn't blindside New Orleans the way Paul George blindsided OKC.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
One involved Lebron, the most hated on athlete in the NBA (for some bizarre reason), and the Lakers who are the most widely despised franchise.

The other involved innocent, quiet Kawhi (who coincidentally forced his way out of San Antonio just a year ago), and the endless underdog Clippers.
Kawhi got a ton of shit last season. But because he was largely quiet about it, people got over it real quick.

The Clippers did their move behind closed doors, were prepared to do business and got shit done before anyone knew what was happening.

The Lakers made their move during the season, in public and per that drew the process out. LeBron is also about the show. Think all the way back to The Answer. It’s cringe. People don’t like it. Simple as that. I’d get over if I were a Lakers fan because for better or worse the deal got done, mission accomplished.

Just don’t pretend like you don’t understand the reason for the difference in public perception. Faking naïveté isn’t a good look on anyone.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
If the results are the same, then the reactions should be as well. In actuality, what just happened is slightly worse than what happened with Lebron and AD. Lebron came to the Lakers last year knowing full well they may not get a superstar right away. he didn't dangle a carrot over anyone's nose saying "Get me another superstar or I'm not coming." And although AD made his trade request public, at least they did so with enough time to properly evaluate the trading landscape. They didn't blindside New Orleans the way Paul George blindsided OKC.

Sergio. Stop trying. You and I both know it really doesn’t matter. Done deal is done deal.

However, the Lakers went about it ham fisted and it doesn’t look good. Live it, learn it, accept it.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Sergio. Stop trying. You and I both know it really doesn’t matter. Done deal is done deal.

However, the Lakers went about it ham fisted and it doesn’t look good. Live it, learn it, accept it.
The Lakers didn’t make it any better. But it wasn’t AD, Klutch, or the Lakers who turned it into a spectacle to begin with.

Dell Demps was the one who leaked the trade request to the media initially. AD and his agent only confirmed when this news exploded. Demps wanted to make a spectacle of it to make everyone else look bad and it ended up costing him his job. Magic too, because the man just can’t help himself but to go blabbing everything to everyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Kawhi got a ton of shit last season. But because he was largely quiet about it, people got over it real quick.

The Clippers did their move behind closed doors, were prepared to do business and got shit done before anyone knew what was happening.

The Lakers made their move during the season, in public and per that drew the process out. LeBron is also about the show. Think all the way back to The Answer. It’s cringe. People don’t like it. Simple as that. I’d get over if I were a Lakers fan because for better or worse the deal got done, mission accomplished.

Just don’t pretend like you don’t understand the reason for the difference in public perception. Faking naïveté isn’t a good look on anyone.
Dude. I’m not upset about it. I’m fine with it. The trade happened, and it was a good one for all parties involved.

And I do agree about Lebron although he made both his decision to return to Cleveland and to come to LA quietly with no spectacle at all. He’s grown up. But people certainly do harbour resentment against him dating back to the initial decision and his sometimes stupid lack ignoring humility (calling himself the Greatest on his own show :lol: ).

And while I agree with you in essence, all the same, a large part of the difference is and will always be the magnitude of Lebron’s star power vs Kawhi’s, and the Laker’s history of success vs the Clippers/whatever other team.

Last edited:

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
The Lakers didn’t make it any better. But it wasn’t AD, Klutch, or the Lakers who turned it into a spectacle to begin with.

Dell Demps was the one who leaked the trade request to the media initially. AD and his agent only confirmed when this news exploded. Demps wanted to make a spectacle of it to make everyone else look bad and it ended up costing him his job,
Absolutely, but that’s a big part of why the Lakers deal is perceived differently than the others. Even though it isn’t. And the rest is on Magic and Bobby P trying to trade the entire squad, LeBron being a dick, and the general perception that creates of the Lakers being bullies out to win at all costs. Add that to the Paul George fiasco and it’s not hard to see why people don’t really care that the Clippers snatched PG3 like thieves in the night.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I don’t think PG blindsided the Thunder. They were more than happy to give him away after seeing their experiment fail. One of the worst cap situations in the league and consistent first round exits. If anything, they’re thanking PG for leaving

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I don’t think PG blindsided the Thunder. They were more than happy to give him away after seeing their experiment fail. One of the worst cap situations in the league and consistent first round exits. If anything, they’re thanking PG for leaving
Presti and ownership were looking for a way out for the longest time. They just couldn't trade Westbrook because he was so loyal to them. But now that PG left, they have an excuse to nuke the whole roster, get way under the luxury tax and rebuild. And the fans can't even blame them.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Presti and ownership were looking for a way out for the longest time. They just couldn't trade Westbrook because he was so loyal to them. But now that PG left, they have an excuse to nuke the whole roster, get way under the luxury tax and rebuild. And the fans can't even blame them.
if they couldn't take advantage of the big 4 either on pitch or trading for other pieces, maybe those fans would be better off giving up any hopes

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
If he is 80% of what he was before his injury, he is a 20/10/4 center in this league. If he gets into 100% of what he was pre-injury, he is arguably one of the Top 4 centers in the league

- - - Updated - - -

In March and April, before he hurt his Quad, he was starting to get back to where he was pre achilles injury. I am so excited for what he could bring to the Lakers.

Last edited:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
You can definitely see the difference just in the jawline

boogie.jpg
boogie 2.jpg
I saw the interview I couldn't believe my eyes...

He looks 25 pounds lighter then just a month ago, how in the hell? Now he looks like his slimmed little brother who plays center for Warriors G league team.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Oh yeah. Harden is gonna LOVE that :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Kudos to Houston for dumping that atrocious CP3 contract, though.

- - - Updated - - -

So it looks as if Oklahoma has about 20 draft picks in the next 5 years

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)