The NBA Thread (42 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
It has definitely been the most competitive East in years just due to the quality of the teams in question. Yes, taking Lebron out of the equation has something to do with it, but the quality of the conference as a whole has improved significantly.

- - - Updated - - -

I would trade Lebron too at this point. Even Michael Rappaport came out and said yesterday on Undisputed that no one would be surprised to see Lebron in New Orleans. He wants so badly to play with AD? He'll get his chance, just not the way he envisioned it :lol:

Shit, I 'd take on every bad contract New Orleans has to make the salaries match if it meant getting Zion.
Could you imagine having Zion + #4, alongside Ingram, Ball, Kuzma, Hart. That’s a team for the future. :tuttosport:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Lol. Yeah, I didn’t need to qualify that as an opinion. Though I’m sure there are some noodles out there somewhere, who would try to argue it isn’t.

I dont like I told you so's but I recall I pointed it's a clear mistake to let Brook Lopez walk when he so cheap and you have no bigs. Bizarre to since he would fit well with Lebron for same reason he fits with Giannis.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I dont like I told you so's but I recall I pointed it's a clear mistake to let Brook Lopez walk when he so cheap and you have no bigs. Bizarre to since he would fit well with Lebron for same reason he fits with Giannis.

I mean it’s not really I told you so since postironic and cr7 aren’t the ones who made the trade

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

It looks even worse now that we shipped off Zubac who was finally blossoming into pretty good young player, for a Muscala who was supposed to stretch the floor but couldn't shoot to save his life.

I think some of us assumed we were going to sign that second max, or trade for one last summer/fall. But with hindsight showing we failed to do so, the players we let walk last summer, Lopez and Randle, and then traded, Zubac... just bizarre strategy all around.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
It looks even worse now that we shipped off Zubac who was finally blossoming into pretty good young player, for a Muscala who was supposed to stretch the floor but couldn't shoot to save his life.

I think some of us assumed we were going to sign that second max, or trade for one last summer/fall. But with hindsight showing we failed to do so, the players we let walk last summer, Lopez and Randle, and then traded, Zubac... just bizarre strategy all around.
My assumption was, give Lebron and the kids this season to build chemistry, while Lebron slowly transitions his game into a less ball dominant one. Then make some noise in the playoffs and present a very favorable situation for a potential 2nd max this summer, either KD or KL, then all these players we let walk from DLO up until Zubac would have been worth it. And it was going very well, then the James injury, followed by other injuries, followed by the TD fiasco... now when it doesent look like we will land a top FA, all these players we let walk are coming to haunt us

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Ah, well.

Looking forward to another year of unrealistic expectations. Yay team.

- - - Updated - - -

In other news, Darius Garland left the NBA combine because he has apparently been promised that he will be drafted in the Top 5

:shifty:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Ah, well.

Looking forward to another year of unrealistic expectations. Yay team.

- - - Updated - - -

In other news, Darius Garland left the NBA combine because he has apparently been promised that he will be drafted in the Top 5

I’d love to see us continue with the youth project and not blow it up completely for AD this summer.

Lebron-Ingram-big man?-Ball-Garland is exciting. With Kuzma as 6th man. And Bullock as 3 and D off the bench. Could be exciting.

Boogie Cousins on a bargain might be worth looking at, as if we draft Garland, we’re just missing the big man. Vucevic is another perhaps, though not if he is asking max money. It’s really too bad AD’s free agency isn’t this summer. :sad:

- - - Updated - - -

Of course, all this assuming we aren’t in the running for a KD, Kawhi, or Klay this summer

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I’d love to see us continue with the youth project and not blow it up completely for AD this summer.

Lebron-Ingram-big man?-Ball-Garland is exciting. With Kuzma as 6th man. And Bullock as 3 and D off the bench. Could be exciting.

Boogie Cousins on a bargain might be worth looking at, as if we draft Garland, we’re just missing the big man. Vucevic is another perhaps, though not if he is asking max money. It’s really too bad AD’s free agency isn’t this summer. :sad:

- - - Updated - - -

Of course, all this assuming we aren’t in the running for a KD, Kawhi, or Klay this summer
Don't worry your pretty little head. We're not :lol:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
He certainly didn't help the Lakers' Free Agency plans, considering that he said he was going to help them recruit. The timing of this was just dumb.

But when you watch the whole interview, it seems obvious that he wasn't the entire problem there. He deserves his piece of the blame, but it wasn't all his fault.

- - - Updated - - -

There just doesn't seem to be any infrastructure there, and players are far more sophisticated now than ever before.

- - - Updated - - -

They notice that.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
The more I read about what happened, the more I'm convinced that Magic actually has the maturity of a 10 year old. So, it is now being reported that Magic and Jeanie had conversations after he stepped down, where she asked him point blank if there was anyone that he had issues with, and he said no. Additionally, Pelinka himself said that he and Magic spoke a few days ago about the #4 pick.

Unreal. He sabotaged everything.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
The more I read about what happened, the more I'm convinced that Magic actually has the maturity of a 10 year old. So, it is now being reported that Magic and Jeanie had conversations after he stepped down, where she asked him point blank if there was anyone that he had issues with, and he said no. Additionally, Pelinka himself said that he and Magic spoke a few days ago about the #4 pick.

Unreal. He sabotaged everything.
He realized that if they built a championship winner around Lebron, Lebron would pass him on the greatest players of all time list... decided to convince Lebron to come and then sabotage the last few years of his career instead.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
He realized that if they built a championship winner around Lebron, Lebron would pass him on the greatest players of all time list... decided to convince Lebron to come and then sabotage the last few years of his career instead.

The more I read the transcripts from this interview, and the more I watch everyone's opinions on this, combined with the timing of this interview (3 hours prior to the press conference), just makes me angrier and angrier at him. And it breaks my heart, because he is far and away my favorite athlete of all time.

He's burned every conceivable bridge with that interview, and he shouldn't be welcomed back by the Lakers organization.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't bother recruiting, don't show up at Staples center, don't say "we" when referencing the Lakers. To me, you've lost those privileges. Persona non grata

- - - Updated - - -

As a Lakers fan BECAUSE of Magic Johnson, and as such, having spent thousands of dollars on merchandise, tv subscriptions, tickets to Lakers games when they came to Boston, I am hurt. My heart hurts. The lakers are arguably my favorite sports franchise out of every team I support, in no small part because of where I live, and defending my alliegance for 40 years.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Yeah man. The last few years sucked, but we were slowly building a young team, and had perhaps rounded a corner to be patient and watch them grow...

The star-chasing and Lebron signing threw everything into chaos, it gave some hope for an accelerated timeline, but for a variety of reasons that didn’t work out this year, and instead we got the most disappointing and chaotic year of this era, and one of the Lakers’ GOATs embarrassing himself badly at every chance. Disappointing is nowhere near a strong enough euphemism for this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)