The NBA Thread (35 Viewers)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Randle wanted to leave, we should have still atleast kept him to get something back in a trade as he was a rfa. Agree about Lopez, didnt understand why we let him go when he wanted to stay. Zubac trade was terrible as well, we let T. Bryanr walk, we gave up DLO just to get rid of Mozgov (Brooklyn got rid of him with a 2nd round pick a year later)... looks like AD was our all in and we failed, now we are in shambless

Getting rid of Walton, i can get behind that though. Hes got his positives but unless he surrounds himself with better and more experienced staff to help him with his in game decisions, hes not gonna get us far

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Randle wanted to leave, we should have still atleast kept him to get something back in a trade as he was a rfa. Agree about Lopez, didnt understand why we let him go when he wanted to stay. Zubac trade was terrible as well, we let T. Bryanr walk, we gave up DLO just to get rid of Mozgov (Brooklyn got rid of him with a 2nd round pick a year later)... looks like AD was our all in and we failed, now we are in shambless

Getting rid of Walton, i can get behind that though. Hes got his positives but unless he surrounds himself with better and more experienced staff to help him with his in game decisions, hes not gonna get us far
He left because they told him that he wasn't going to be in their plans. Apparently those plans were to use his money to sign Stephenson, Beasley, and Mcgee.

- - - Updated - - -

Magic and Pelinka had a REALLY bad year this year. They have a lot of ground to make up next season.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
He left because they told him that he wasn't going to be in their plans. Apparently those plans were to use his money to sign Stephenson, Beasley, and Mcgee.
Well im giving them time until summer. If they dont get KD or Kawhi, which looks to be the case, then all the moves from trading DLO to letting Zubac walk will be disasters. We might have been better off right now if we kept the old guard in charge even with the stupid Mozgov and Deng contracts, but again, ill pass my judgement in the summer.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
I don't follow the NBA I'm a casual (to put it lightly), however my brother who's a Lakers fan told me that them getting Lebron destroyed the team. How true is that according to you guys

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I don't follow the NBA I'm a casual (to put it lightly), however my brother who's a Lakers fan told me that them getting Lebron destroyed the team. How true is that according to you guys
Lebron doesn’t deal well with adversity imo. As soon as he and Rondo got injured while we were destroying Golden State and up to 20-14 record... the team started losing, things went downhill really fast, and Lebron started acted liking a fool. Magic and Pelinka deserve some blame for building a mess of a team last summer. And Walton for making a mess of minutes and rotations for young players on this team.

Lots of blame to go around.

Last edited:

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Lebron doesn’t deal well with adversity imo. As soon as he and Rondo got injured while we were destroying Golden State and up to 20-14 record... the team started losing, things went downhill really fast, and Lebron started acted liking a fool. Magic and Pelinka deserve some blame for building a mess of a team last summer. And Walton for making a mess of minutes and rotations for young players on this team.

Lot’s of blame to go around.
I think a lot of the problems this season came from LeBron's injury. Without that you guys are probably in the playoffs and everyone's happy. Still there would be issues down the road so maybe this season is a blessing in disguise as the franchise is learning lessons now instead of down the road.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
No Lebron tonight, and you don't even give Mo Wagner the decency to start him in the state where he went to college.

Good job, Luke :sergio:
He scores 22 on Boston then plays 18 minutes combined in the next 2 games. Luke is just clueless in such situations, done the same with Zubac multipke times.

Btw, do any of you guys know what our record is when James, Kuzma, Ingram and Ball all play? @Post Ironic

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
He scores 22 on Boston then plays 18 minutes combined in the next 2 games. Luke is just clueless in such situations, done the same with Zubac multipke times.

Btw, do any of you guys know what our record is when James, Kuzma, Ingram and Ball all play? @Post Ironic
Just looked it up. We were 15-8 in the 23 games all of them played in. And those were all in the first 3 months while they were still learning to play together and Ingram wasn't anywhere near his all-star form of January and February.

Nightmare season of injuries when our 4 best players are on the court together for only 23 of 82 games. :sigh:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Just looked it up. We were 15-8 in the 23 games all of them played in. And those were all in the first 3 months while they were still learning to play together and Ingram wasn't anywhere near his all-star form of January and February.

Nightmare season of injuries when our 4 best players are on the court together for only 23 of 82 games. :sigh:

But let's keep blaming the kids, though. Because that is simply the most convenient and pre-baked excuse for any shortcomings this year.

- - - Updated - - -

And I have to give a lot of credit to Zion. I'm sure everyone was in his ear about sitting out the rest of the season. But the kid wants to play. He's healthy again, and he wants to play. If he were playing for Virginia Tech and they were going to the NIT, then you can't blame him for sitting out. But he's got a chance to win a championship at Duke, and he wants to be a part of that.

Last edited:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

That just hurts. When healthy, we are a playoff team with capspace for a max superstar. We could have challenged for the championship the very next year. Fuck injuries man

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
That just hurts. When healthy, we are a playoff team with capspace for a max superstar. We could have challenged for the championship the very next year. Fuck injuries man
:agree:

Healthy, we would have been fighting for the 4th in the west imo (we were in that area when Lebron got injured against GSW), as the team got more and more in sync. With this dumpster fire of a season, all the injury woes, the locker room junk, the trade deadline nonsense... it's hard to imagine any max superstar wanting to join this mess. It could happen, as the franchise still has pull, but I think superstars are definitely going to be cautious about joining the club in its current state. :sergio:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
If the goal is to build a championship team for the city of Los Angeles, then it should not be going all in for another max superstar.

You need to look for sustainability. Just because the Lakers are a big ticket franchise doesn't mean that you always have to have a big ticket mentality. Remind me again of how Golden State became Golden State.

If the goal is to build a championship to make Lebron happy, then that is what they are going to do. Forego everything to risk another decade of mediocrity in the hopes of getting 1 title while he is here.

I think Lebron just assumed that the average Laker fan in Los Angeles is some hollywood mogul or business tycoon. That they know only of the entertainment value of the sport, and not the actual sport itself. As if winning championships isn't important. Wrong. They are as hard working and blue collar as every average American out there. Just like every paying customer from every other city, big and small.

Kobe knew this. That is why he stayed as far away from Hollywood as possible, until after he retired. And that is why basketball was ALWAYS first to Kobe, even in a city with the temptations of Los Angeles.

- - - Updated - - -

And as far as the record when all 4 were on the court together. That's a nice stat, don't get me wrong. But with young guys, you have to figure that something like that may or may not be sustainable over the long haul of a season.

What you CAN point to is that the club was trending in the right direction. Once can certainly attest to that. ANd if these guys come back next year more motivated and driven in the offseason, and god willing, Brandon is OK, then I can see something good happening next year.

This year was necessary, in my opinion. It showed what happens when one player or conglomerate try to manipulate a franchise, and it doesn't work. It worked for Lebron all these other times, and it didn't know. Let's hope this is a reality check.

Last edited:

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
But let's keep blaming the kids, though. Because that is simply the most convenient and pre-baked excuse for any shortcomings this year.

- - - Updated - - -

And I have to give a lot of credit to Zion. I'm sure everyone was in his ear about sitting out the rest of the season. But the kid wants to play. He's healthy again, and he wants to play. If he were playing for Virginia Tech and they were going to the NIT, then you can't blame him for sitting out. But he's got a chance to win a championship at Duke, and he wants to be a part of that.
College BB is a joke nowadays tho

even the NBA has recognized that it's an impediment to harvesting top talent, hence their aggressive changes to the G-League and other lanes to enter the NBA w/o having to waste time in a fully corrupt ecosystem.

It has it's place for 95% of players though. But the NCAA will be less relevant in the next 10-20 years for both football and basketball.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)