The NBA Thread (46 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Middleton would be good for us because of his shooting... but only on a substantially less than max contract... Josh Hart just didn’t take that step forward this year. Our backcourt is really weak. Lonzo is about it and he needs a good partner back there.

Klay would be the dream, but I seriously can’t see that happening. Aside from him, I’d love to see us trade for Bradley Beal. His price is likely very steep now that he has looked so good with Wall out, but if you could get him for one of Kuzma/Ingram + Hart + draft picks that could be pretty interesting to look at. Would prefer this to sending everything for AD.

Vucevic on less than the max would be great too.

A starting 5 of Vucevic-Kuzma/Ingram-Lebron-Ball-Beal would be damn impressive.
Beal was expensive before Wall got hurt.

Forget it.

Vucevic is the guy they should be targeting. If Bullock can prove his worth, bring him back as a shooter.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Beal was expensive before Wall got hurt.

Forget it.

Vucevic is the guy they should be targeting. If Bullock can prove his worth, bring him back as a shooter.
Bullock definitely should be brought back. He’s fantastic, especially at his cost, and he won’t stop us from going for a max player.

Again, a 2-guard is the biggest position for me, with passers like Lonzo and Lebron on the team. Having a top class versatile 2-guard who doesn’t need a ton of the ball would be brilliant. Klay, Beal, even Middleton.

McGee is a pretty good centre. Vucevic would definitely be a great upgrade though.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
The only elite SG available in free agency is Klay, and I can't see him going anywhere, unless he wakes up one morning and feels nostalgic about wanting to play for his dad's old team.

The list is pretty thin. I don't know what the trade market will bring, but there is going to be a premium on any under 27 SG who is under contract for a couple of more years.

- - - Updated - - -

Reddick won't go anywhere either

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Right. And all 29 teams have the assets the Celtics do.

Let's not make it seem as if the Celtics have such superior assets to everyone else here. Yes, they have Jayson Tatum, but who else?

Rozier? Brown? Those draft picks that they have to use prior to being able to trade for Davis? Sacramento and the Clippers are either bottom of the playoff seeds or at the back of the lottery, so you are looking at mid range picks. The Grizzlies pick will more than likely be out of reach.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Right. And all 29 teams have the assets the Celtics do.
Whoever gets 1st overall draft pick this year has Zion Williamson, who has a higher ceiling than anyone the C's/Lakers/Clippers/etc can offer. If Knicks get first overall, I could see them packaging something for AD, and signing at least 1 max (Kyrie or KD) to play alongside him. Apparently they have space for 2 max-players. Could build quite the beast there. Ignoring AD, and signing two max-players plus drafting Zion would also be pretty tempting. The Bulls, if they win lottery could also put quite the offer on the table for AD. Phoenix Suns too.

Biggest problem that hurts Pelicans now, is that AD just said he won't sign an extension with anyone before getting to 2020 free agency. Hurts the Pelicans more than anything. Someone will offer something decent, but no one is going to make a crazy offer after he said that, even if it isn't true. He tried to force his way out before the trade deadline, Demps refused to really negotiate with anyone, and now a statement like that from AD hurts any return they are going to get.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
All signs point to KD not wanting to sign with LA. He wants his own team, if he just wants to win rings he’ll stay with the Warriors, it wouldn’t make sense to go to the Lakers at all. He’s NY bound if anything.

Kawhi possibly. But it’s all speculation. You’re not even favorited to get AD anymore so I wouldn’t get too excited.
You and i dont know what KD wants, its simply all speculation at this point until summer. Remember this time last year with James, it was either staying in Cleveland, going to Philly or sign and trade to Houston. LA had little chances, especially without a 2nd star coming as well. Then George resigned with OKC. Then the very next day, James is a Laker. If someone told you that February last year, how would you react? So yeah, we dont have even a clue yet about FA, but fact is, Lakers have the cap space to offer KD the max, so atleast we did prepare. I too think Kawhi is far more likely but again, who the fuck knows.

AD drama has just begun. Summer-Next trade deadline/until hes traded will be madness. I dont think AD ends up here, but i do think we will cone back and try again

- - - Updated - - -

Durant doesn't even like being in Curry's shadow. Never mind Lebron. Leonard is probably going to want to do his own thing. The smart money is to go after a couple of all star players who are not franchise players in free agency. You might even be able to fit two in if they are smart with the money. Vucevic and Middleton, for example.
And id be fine with that if we get it in the end. But we cant simply say KD/Kawhi will/wont end up here or there yet. It is too early and most of the popular beliefs about superstars going somewhere around this time turn out wrong. The only thing that matters right now, KD is the only 38M max this summer, and thats exactly how much money we have to offer, which is why we cant exclude the possibility.

About him being in someones shadow, hes their 2 time FMVP, will be 3rd unless they decide to gift one to Curry finally. Hes their best player. Is he really in Currys shadow? I also think that someone with his mindset would go to a Lebron led team trying to become the best player there. But lets see, NY with another superstar seems like a strong possibility right now

- - - Updated - - -

Middleton would be good for us because of his shooting... but only on a substantially less than max contract... Josh Hart just didn’t take that step forward this year. Our backcourt is really weak. Lonzo is about it and he needs a good partner back there.

Klay would be the dream, but I seriously can’t see that happening. Aside from him, I’d love to see us trade for Bradley Beal. His price is likely very steep now that he has looked so good with Wall out, but if you could get him for one of Kuzma/Ingram + Hart + draft picks that could be pretty interesting to look at. Would prefer this to sending everything for AD.

Vucevic on less than the max would be great too.

A starting 5 of Vucevic-Kuzma/Ingram-Lebron-Ball-Beal would be damn impressive.
Id trade for Beal but i think they will ask for yhe world. They didnt trade him when they were struggling and Wall went down, so they had a perfect excuse to go tanking. Now they moved one bad contract in otto porter and if Wall gets traded as well, they will have the chance to build around their 25 year old star. But if we can get him while keeping Lonzo and BI/Kuz, by all means, do it (our chances of doing so went down with Zubac gone imo). I just think all 3 will need to be sent

Last edited:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Thats true but if i went somewhere and led the team to 2 straight titles as the best player, id be very content with what i did, whatever other people may say. I also think KD believes hes the best player in the league, so being the best player on the same team with Lebron would further prove that (to him most importantly, but also for the public). Like this, when he beats him h2h, people can just say he had more help.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Dzk9CUzWoAA9JDX.jpg

Coolest dunk since Lavine and Gordon was going at it years ago, rest of the contest was LAAAAAAAAAAAME (go home Dennis Smith Jr, and BAN YOURSELF FROM EVER COMING BACK, John Collins sucked too).

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you, Hamidou Diallo :delpiero:

wt5GoOx.jpg

P.S If you wondering why Diallo isnt doing anything special after the Shaq dunk, its because he was playing it safe to get points, because the judges were giving Dennis Smith JR 50 perfect score points, for litterally failing hard, he bombed out 4-5 times EACH dunk he had, but kept getting best scores, they felt sorry for him...

Last edited:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Did you watch the dunk contest? :D

Last one i saw was when Griffin won (undeservedly), after which i ditched it. James lying to participate the year after also contributed.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
You missed 2015 and 16? How? Both years better then Griffin jumping over a car.

Both times won by the best, the most explosive and talented dunker there been in Zach Lavine. Vince Carter has the most savage single dunk in contest history, but Lavine is the undisputed king of dunk contests in NBA history with his back to back wins. 2016 especially competing with Aaron Gordon was the most exciting and creative competition yet.

Players tend to retire after 1-2 times from this contest, but next year with Zion , both Lavine and Gordon, plus whoever big star that wants the heat, should sign up. Can imagine Zion breaking the rim.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Btw the 3pt contest was the best of the night. Very tight, players scoring 23-25 and still getting eliminated, very competitive. Congrats on Joe Harris for beating Steph, despite the latter putting on exciting show of force.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

Both times won by the best, the most explosive and talented dunker there been in Zach Lavine. Vince Carter has the most savage single dunk in contest history, but Lavine is the undisputed king of dunk contests in NBA history with his back to back wins. 2016 especially competing with Aaron Gordon was the most exciting and creative competition yet.

Players tend to retire after 1-2 times from this contest, but next year with Zion , both Lavine and Gordon, plus whoever big star that wants the heat, should sign up. Can imagine Zion breaking the rim.

I watch highlights usually and youre right, those contests were better. Griffins one is overrated anyway, Mcgees dunks were way cooler. I dont know what it is that cooled me off, maybe less superstars than before, maybe lame guys that have no business being there entering, but i lost interest in it. Even the allstar game which was one of my favorite events became unwatchable to me in recent years

Powis

Dec 9, 2009

Levine and Gordon set that bar so high for everyone to reach. Gordon's dunk over the mascot under his legs still impresses me so much.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah they ruined it for everyone :D Hard to entertain fans since then.

And yeah all star game has been garbage for long time zizinho. Its only fun to see players goofing off and being friendly. Only gets interesting to see first time all stars go super hard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 42)