The NBA Thread (37 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
So Lebron got what he wanted?

- - - Updated - - -

Shit, nvm. I thought you meant Luke Walton.

It’s Demps.
:lol:

Jeanie Buss already said that Walton's job is safe for this season. She wants to give him an opportunity to succeed.

- - - Updated - - -

From what I am hearing on the radio, New Orleans ownership wanted to make that trade

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Well well well. Guess who got fired today?
This is what I said all along.

Dell Demps was just negotiating in bad faith, and had no intention of even considering offers, regardless of what they were. He was also the one who leaked AD's trade request to the public in the first place, and turned this whole thing into a giant mess.

New Orleans is going to end up accepting less for AD in the end because of the shitstorm they created here.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
This is what I said all along.

Dell Demps was just negotiating in bad faith, and had no intention of even considering offers, regardless of what they were. He was also the one who leaked AD's trade request to the public in the first place, and turned this whole thing into a giant mess.

New Orleans is going to end up accepting less for AD in the end because of the shitstorm they created here.
Is not negotiating, negotiating in bad faith? From what I heard, New Orleans just didn't counter. Which I don't think they're required to do.

That said, I read about there being a lot of conflict with the AD situation in the Pelicans front office. Demps wanting to wait until Summer and get some higher value assets (in his opinion) and others wanting to take everything the Lakers were offering.

I think this is going to turn out like the Kwahi saga turned out for San Antonio. A big saga with not much in return. It will be interesting to see if the Lakers can take advantage. Part of me wants to see a three team trade with Lonzo ending up in Atlanta or Orlando.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
OK, so we are gonna get another chance in the summer. hopefully this (their ownership wanting that trade) convinces KD/Kawhi to come here, then we could land Davis and be real contenders

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
If the ownership wanted the trade, they wouldn’t have let Demps turn it down. The reason they let him go is most likely for not making the team get better in general to the point of their superstars wanting to leave.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
If the ownership wanted the trade, they wouldn’t have let Demps turn it down. The reason they let him go is most likely for not making the team get better in general to the point of their superstars wanting to leave.

Exactly, Wolves owner traded Butler despite Thibs saying no, they could easily traded AD and overstepped Demps. He isn't fired because they forgot they have the last say and not their employee, they fired him because he has done an awful job as their GM for over 9 years. One of the worst GMs in the league in that long period, only one worse is Grunfeld in Wizards (and he been there 2 decades almost).

It's not exactly good news for Lakers that Pelicans get a more competent negotiator.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
OK, so we are gonna get another chance in the summer. hopefully this (their ownership wanting that trade) convinces KD/Kawhi to come here, then we could land Davis and be real contenders
What type of drugs are you on? Seriously.

- - - Updated - - -

Not all of them wanted the trade, but some of them did. They didn't want this situation to linger any longer than it had to. New Orleans does run the risk of a lower return, now that Davis will have only that 1 year on his contract. Law of averages usually show that you get less of a return on a player, the less time he has on a contract.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly, Wolves owner traded Butler despite Thibs saying no, they could easily traded AD and overstepped Demps. He isn't fired because they forgot they have the last say and not their employee, they fired him because he has done an awful job as their GM for over 9 years. One of the worst GMs in the league in that long period, only one worse is Grunfeld in Wizards (and he been there 2 decades almost).

It's not exactly good news for Lakers that Pelicans get a more competent negotiator.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
If the leaks are true, then the Lakers literally gave everything they could have. I don't think it was a question of the competence of the negotiator, but more like Demps wasn't willing to negotiate at all

- - - Updated - - -

Is not negotiating, negotiating in bad faith? From what I heard, New Orleans just didn't counter. Which I don't think they're required to do.

That said, I read about there being a lot of conflict with the AD situation in the Pelicans front office. Demps wanting to wait until Summer and get some higher value assets (in his opinion) and others wanting to take everything the Lakers were offering.

I think this is going to turn out like the Kwahi saga turned out for San Antonio. A big saga with not much in return. It will be interesting to see if the Lakers can take advantage. Part of me wants to see a three team trade with Lonzo ending up in Atlanta or Orlando.
Another way to look at it is leaking the parameters of the trade offer is a sign of bad faith. I don't think the Lakers would intentionally destabilize their own squad by putting all of those names out there.

They didn't do it for the Muscala and Bullock trades.

Last edited:

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
You guys said the same about James. You too @CR 7 . You cant sit here and tell me we dont have chances to land one
All signs point to KD not wanting to sign with LA. He wants his own team, if he just wants to win rings he’ll stay with the Warriors, it wouldn’t make sense to go to the Lakers at all. He’s NY bound if anything.

Kawhi possibly. But it’s all speculation. You’re not even favorited to get AD anymore so I wouldn’t get too excited.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
You guys said the same about James. You too @CR 7 . You cant sit here and tell me we dont have chances to land one
Durant doesn't even like being in Curry's shadow. Never mind Lebron. Leonard is probably going to want to do his own thing. The smart money is to go after a couple of all star players who are not franchise players in free agency. You might even be able to fit two in if they are smart with the money. Vucevic and Middleton, for example.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
All signs point to KD not wanting to sign with LA. He wants his own team, if he just wants to win rings he’ll stay with the Warriors, it wouldn’t make sense to go to the Lakers at all. He’s NY bound if anything.

Kawhi possibly. But it’s all speculation. You’re not even favorited to get AD anymore so I wouldn’t get too excited.
I could see Kawhi staying in Toronto or moving to the Clippers.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Durant doesn't even like being in Curry's shadow. Never mind Lebron. Leonard is probably going to want to do his own thing. The smart money is to go after a couple of all star players who are not franchise players in free agency. You might even be able to fit two in if they are smart with the money. Vucevic and Middleton, for example.

For the love of all things holy, do not give max money to Middleton, he is a phony star wise, whenever he shows he isnt allstar caliber in Bucks, people blame Giannis for not carrying them full on. When in fact a proper allstar and 2nd or 3rd option star player should not be as underwhelming as Middleton is.

Defenitely would be weird for you tive whole alot of money to him.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Middleton will never be worth max money. He and vucevic, who I love, are the all star tier players they should be going for. The only franchise player I could see them having a shot at is Kyrie, and only because of the bridge that has been rebuilt between them

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Middleton will never be worth max money. He and vucevic, who I love, are the all star tier players they should be going for. The only franchise player I could see them having a shot at is Kyrie, and only because of the bridge that has been rebuilt between them
Middleton would be good for us because of his shooting... but only on a substantially less than max contract... Josh Hart just didn’t take that step forward this year. Our backcourt is really weak. Lonzo is about it and he needs a good partner back there.

Klay would be the dream, but I seriously can’t see that happening. Aside from him, I’d love to see us trade for Bradley Beal. His price is likely very steep now that he has looked so good with Wall out, but if you could get him for one of Kuzma/Ingram + Hart + draft picks that could be pretty interesting to look at. Would prefer this to sending everything for AD.

Vucevic on less than the max would be great too.

A starting 5 of Vucevic-Kuzma/Ingram-Lebron-Ball-Beal would be damn impressive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)