The NBA Thread (25 Viewers)

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
you guys should sometimes film yourselves while posting to give a better idea on how those :lol: and :rofl: look in real life, I mean are you really laughing and crying at the same time while discussing basketball on an internet forum?

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
:lol: at morons with no idea about actual basketball schemes, pace, scoring, rules, style of play, and how these things effect the way the game is played.
clearly you do, so please enlighten us :baus: it seems to me youre the one who is actually clueless, and just spits BS he read elsewhere on us. so please PI, the great basketball mind, tell us, how would schemes, pace, rules, style of play effect Michael Jordan

- - - Updated - - -

Sure, he's picked the players he wants. But you put him into any team and he will make them contenders. It's not on him that the East is weak.

I disagree that he had given up last year, that's just ridiculous since they had one of the craziest comebacks in history.

And sure, he has attitude but that doesn't affect his contributions on the court.
yes, and add another allstar and two

- - - Updated - - -

Lebron gave up last year by scoring 40+ points in both games 5 and 6 and then a triple double in game 7. :rofl:

41 points -16 rebounds - 7 assists in game 5 as a response to being down 3-1, but it was all Kyrie. I'm literally reading Skip Bayless' twitter here. What an idiot.
Post Statsonic :baus:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
you guys should sometimes film yourselves while posting to give a better idea on how those :lol: and :rofl: look in real life, I mean are you really laughing and crying at the same time while discussing basketball on an internet forum?
PI cant write a post without those, but when someone does it to him he calls him moron or puts him on ignore :baus:

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
:lol::lol:

- - - Updated - - -

You can say what you want but LeBron seems like a douche. Very unlikable.
I find LeBron INFINITELY more likeable then a dickbag like Micheal Jordan. That guy is past being a douche, he deserves to get robbed naked and tossed in a jail, then the guards will mistake him for a convict trying to escape and they lock him up.

like this guy
http://nypost.com/2014/07/09/man-visits-son-in-jail-and-gets-locked-up-for-30-hours/

LeBron is an active member of his community, pays for poor kids college tuition, doesn't shit on fans.
Jordan, just a giant dick extorting his fans, spits on his fans, disgusting person. He's a black materazzi basically, heck even materazzi would be nicer to you even while wearing a juve shirt, greet Jordan while decked out in 3000$+ Jordan brand clothing and he'll tell you to get the fuck out his way :lol:

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
I honestly can't believe anybody still doubts LeBron's greatness after last year's finals. And LeBron might look like an arrogant guy on the court but he's an amazing guy out of the court.

- - - Updated - - -

Cristiano Ronaldo combined with Patrick Vieira and Didier Drogba.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk
:tup:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Cristiano Ronaldo combined with Patrick Vieira and Didier Drogba.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk
its actually Pogba tbh, Chiellini was right. big strong physical beast that can ball. both assisting and passing very well, can run with the ball and i guess you can compare Pauls long range shots with Brons dunks

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
if Lebron was a footballer, hed be Delle Alli
Watch Delle Ali win Ballon d'Or twice in a row, and a EC, WC and treble.

I honestly can't believe anybody still doubts LeBron's greatness after last year's finals. And LeBron might look like an arrogant guy on the court but he's an amazing guy out of the court.

- - - Updated - - -

That's what I keep reading, him being super involved in Cleveland, sending kids to school, that's super admirable!

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005

Sort of like how Joe cool had it tougher ;)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
No one was surrounded by more HOFs than Joe Cool back in the days. Defenses had more freedom but no team was as loaded as the 9ers. Maybe the Skins came close but they never had a franchise QB in that period.
In the Jordan years the NBA was very balanced - a number of teams had their 1-2 star player, eventual HOF-er, combos.
Just off the top of my head, just in the East in the 80s-90s you had the Bulls, Pistons, Knicks, Pacers, Orlando, Heat, Celtics battle it out to make the finals.
Today, the Cavs could basically put Lebron in bubble wrap until they play the Warriors in the finals.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
:lol::lol:

- - - Updated - - -

I find LeBron INFINITELY more likeable then a dickbag like Micheal Jordan. That guy is past being a douche, he deserves to get robbed naked and tossed in a jail, then the guards will mistake him for a convict trying to escape and they lock him up.

like this guy
http://nypost.com/2014/07/09/man-visits-son-in-jail-and-gets-locked-up-for-30-hours/

LeBron is an active member of his community, pays for poor kids college tuition, doesn't shit on fans.
Jordan, just a giant dick extorting his fans, spits on his fans, disgusting person. He's a black materazzi basically, heck even materazzi would be nicer to you even while wearing a juve shirt, greet Jordan while decked out in 3000$+ Jordan brand clothing and he'll tell you to get the fuck out his way :lol:
Didn't you complain just yesterday about the lame, colorless, void of character players in the NBA today? The 80s and 90s were the years of fierce rivalries and colorful characters. That didn't just happen by chance, it was an extension of society - the bad boys in the NBA were bad boys in life too, it wasn't just an act.
MJ may not have paved your way with rose petals but that's what made him and that era of basket so great, so genuine, unlike the fake, acted-out rivalries these days.
Back then smack talk was smack talk and players would often end up in fist fights during games. Today, a stare passes for tough and ballsy.
And yes, the weakling and mental midget that Lebron is, indeed represents the ideal of "winning mentality" and "mental toughness" in today's off-brand, vanilla basketball. That's why people who's idea of basket was formed over the past 10 years or so find it so difficult to believe that Lebron is somehow not a winner but a hack who's benefiting from the lack of competition, especially in the Eastern Conference.
Back in the 80s and 90s, today's tough guys would have lived in lockers and had their lunch money spent by the likes of Jordan, Oakley, Bird, Ewing, Barkley, Thomas, Payton and the likes.

Here is a refresher of the good old days when men were men and basketball was basketball :touched:

http://uproxx.com/dimemag/10-reasons-90s-best-era-nba-basketball/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 19)