The NBA Thread (38 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
How come so many Aussies are coming through now in the NBA? @Salvo

Just shows what a shit job GB Basketball / government is doing, for me. I assume Aus basketball gets good funding?

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
How come so many Aussies are coming through now in the NBA? @Salvo

Just shows what a shit job GB Basketball / government is doing, for me. I assume Aus basketball gets good funding?
It's a pretty popular sport here. Thon was born in Somalia but grew up here. I went to school with Dante Exum, he was a couple of years younger but his dad was a good college baller. It's probably more coincidental than anything else as well as the NBA and colleges looking at out talents a bit more. The AIS does a good job of nurturing talents as well.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Whomever was responsible in Orlando for that trade needs to be fired immediately.

What the hell did they do?

Oh, and I wish you guys could hear boston sports radio right now. They are losing their minds about this draft, which quite frankly was not very good at all for the Celtics.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Obviously they were desperate for that type of player.
Who? Orlando?

They already have Aaron Gordon, who is a young athletic power forward that is developing his game. And Ibaka is a free agent after this season. That deal made no sense for the Magic. The Thunder took them to the cleaners

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Whomever was responsible in Orlando for that trade needs to be fired immediately.

What the hell did they do?

Oh, and I wish you guys could hear boston sports radio right now. They are losing their minds about this draft, which quite frankly was not very good at all for the Celtics.
maybe they planned a trade but it failed :lol:

i have no idea what they did, but if people are losing their minds like this, they must have really fucked up, and they had 8 picks this draft :sergio:

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Who? Orlando?

They already have Aaron Gordon, who is a young athletic power forward that is developing his game. And Ibaka is a free agent after this season. That deal made no sense for the Magic. The Thunder took them to the cleaners
They just don't want the Cavs to repeat

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Who? Orlando?

But there would have been other teams looking at him in FA?

Does seem like a shit trade whichever way you look at it, it's not like Orlando were just a piece away from competing, now they're giving players away. Cap space?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
maybe they planned a trade but it failed :lol:

i have no idea what they did, but if people are losing their minds like this, they must have really fucked up, and they had 8 picks this draft :sergio:
Philadelphia was offering Noel, Covington, and the 24th and 26th pick in the draft for #3, and Boston said no.

The Celtics severely overestimated the value of that #3 pick

- - - Updated - - -

But there would have been other teams looking at him in FA?

Does seem like a shit trade whichever way you look at it, it's not like Orlando were just a piece away from competing, now they're giving players away. Cap space?
I don't think Orlando gets his Bird Rights, where they can offer him the most years and dollars on a contract. IF they do, then that is fine, but Ibaka is still a bad fit in Orlando.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 33)