The NBA Thread (45 Viewers)

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
@Salvo @zizinho @Joker

What did I tell you?

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...ressively-pursue-hassan-whiteside-free-agency

The Mavericks are going to try to pursue him, but that team is dreadfully old, and Miami can't really afford to get him if they are serious about pursuing Durant. Plus, they want to re-sign Wade, Joe Johnson and Deng.
At first you scared me, thought they are going to do some stupid ass trade.

Hopefully this goes through.

Buy on AliExpress.com

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Fuck.

@King of Kings

You're going to lose your shit over this one... if you think what the Habs did was ridiculous... FFS. What is Buss thinking? Dude has lost his marbles. :sergio:
Unfortunately, that is the market. Bradley Beal got a 5 year 133 million dollar contract as a RFA and he is consistently injury prone. You HAVE to spend the money. That is the problem. There is a floor that has to be reached. I don't think he is a very good option but he has decent numbers per minutes played. Whether it can be stretched out to 30 minutes per game is anyone's guess. I thought it was a joke before I went to bed. But at least I woke up this morning to see that Clarkson signed a 4 year, 50 million dollar deal, so at least that is a really good contract.

Still have around 40 million to spend, and they have to spend 30 of it.

- - - Updated - - -

And for the record, I don't like the signing at all. At least they could have tried to get Enes Kanter, considering that OKC wants to trade him so that they have the cap room to get Horford to go along with Durant. Would MUCH rather have Kanter

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Good to see you going the stoic route.

I don't think Mozgov is a terrible player, though he is coming off an appalling season... But as a guy who has never played more than 25 minutes a game, and is 30 years old... it's a pretty strange signing to make this quickly. It didn't seem like there was that much interest in him.

I would have preferred the Lakers go for Enes Kanter, who looked quite promising for the Utah Jazz before he ended up in Oklahoma, or Bismack Biyombo, who looked excellent in the playoffs for Toronto, dominant on the boards at times, and is only 23.

4 years for Mozgov at 30... that seems a little crazy.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Mozgov is done, he's never been the same player after his injury, hence why he barely featured this playoffs whereas last year he was one of the stars of that Cavs team.

Kanter don't fit the Lakers needs, Biyombo would've been a great fit for them alongside Randle.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Good to see you going the stoic route.

I don't think Mozgov is a terrible player, though he is coming off an appalling season... But as a guy who has never played more than 25 minutes a game, and is 30 years old... it's a pretty strange signing to make this quickly. It didn't seem like there was that much interest in him.

I would have preferred the Lakers go for Enes Kanter, who looked quite promising for the Utah Jazz before he ended up in Oklahoma, or Bismack Biyombo, who looked excellent in the playoffs for Toronto, dominant on the boards at times, and is only 23.

4 years for Mozgov at 30... that seems a little crazy.
It's more than a little crazy. That is what the market is. The latest that I have heard now for the Lakers is Mike Conley, Evan Turner, and Chandler Parsons. I would prefer Conley and Parsons

- - - Updated - - -

Mozgov is done, he's never been the same player after his injury, hence why he barely featured this playoffs whereas last year he was one of the stars of that Cavs team.

Kanter don't fit the Lakers needs, Biyombo would've been a great fit for them alongside Randle.
The odd thing is taht you are hearing very very little about Biyombo right now. Either he is a lock to go back to Toronto, or GM's are tentative that he might be a 1 playoff wonder.

What was the injury with Mozgov?

- - - Updated - - -

Whiteside has re-signed with Miami.

Why do I get the feeling that D-Wade is going to be gone now? Whiteside was in a very odd situation where Miami could not go over the cap to sign him. So now, I think they only have 18 million left under the cap.

- - - Updated - - -

At least we re-signed Clarkson to a very reasonable contract. I'm happy with that. I was afraid of a max contract for him. It shows that he really wanted to stay.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Id take Conley and Parsons but wasnt Parsons coming off a difficult injury too? No idea how well he recovered
He had a torn meniscus in March. At least it wasn't an ACL.

He could be a stretch 4 for this team. I just want them to build the bench at this point

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
He had a torn meniscus in March. At least it wasn't an ACL.

He could be a stretch 4 for this team. I just want them to build the bench at this point
:tup: saw him couple of times when he was at Houston still, and i liked him, didnt watch him at Dallas. Conley too. Great signings if it happens. One thing I don't understand about Mozgov is, why a 4 year contract? That was a stupid deal

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Steve Smith seems to really like the Mozgov signing.

Not Stephen A Smith, but former NBA All Star Steve Smith. He's an analyst on NBA TV. He says that this has Luke Walton's imprint all over it, having seen him in the finals for the past 2 years.

- - - Updated - - -

:tup: saw him couple of times when he was at Houston still, and i liked him, didnt watch him at Dallas. Conley too. Great signings if it happens. One thing I don't understand about Mozgov is, why a 4 year contract? That was a stupid deal
The Mozgov deal is indicative of the salary cap exploding. A couple of years ago, this would have equated to a 10 million per year contract.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
The Clarkson contract is impressive. Especially considering what it seems the Lakers are giving Mozgov. Like you said, he must have wanted to stay.

I really think the Lakers should have taken a flyer on Biyombo. SO much potential upside there, and young enough that the cap hit wouldn't have been insane, and he probably would have been movable if he underperformed. Oh well.

Mozgov just seems like a strange veteran signing for such a young team. He's not a leadership type of guy, not a mentor type to young players, and he's already 30... not really a build for the future type of guy, nor is he a win-now type... More of a stop-gap, but then why 4 years.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
The Clarkson contract is impressive. Especially considering what it seems the Lakers are giving Mozgov. Like you said, he must have wanted to stay.

I really think the Lakers should have taken a flyer on Biyombo. SO much potential upside there, and young enough that the cap hit wouldn't have been insane, and he probably would have been movable if he underperformed. Oh well.

Mozgov just seems like a strange veteran signing for such a young team. He's not a leadership type of guy, not a mentor type to young players, and he's already 30... not really a build for the future type of guy, nor is he a win-now type... More of a stop-gap, but then why 4 years.
I don't know. I DON'T KNOW

STOP ASKING ME THESE QUESTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Steve Smith seems to really like the Mozgov signing.

Not Stephen A Smith, but former NBA All Star Steve Smith. He's an analyst on NBA TV. He says that this has Luke Walton's imprint all over it, having seen him in the finals for the past 2 years.

- - - Updated - - -

The Mozgov deal is indicative of the salary cap exploding. A couple of years ago, this would have equated to a 10 million per year contract.
I know Mozgov is a good player, i watched him in Europe, Russia NT and NBA often enough, but its his age that concerns me besides his injuries. Hes 30 coming off a serious injury and we gave him a 4 year contract (money is OK but I don't like the length). Hopefully he does well and stays healthy so it pays off

- - - Updated - - -

Biyombo is a monster on defense, would love him here. Brings so much energy whenever he gets to the field

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 39)