The NBA Thread (34 Viewers)

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
The Cleveland Cavaliers remain the luckiest, most disgusting and horribly run organization on the East imo. Fuck them, love Lebron but fuck the Cavs so much. Hope they choke and never win.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
ßöмßäяðîëя;4617693 said:
LeBron heading home, Houston trying to move Lin to get enough cap space to sign CB.

They need to move Omar Asik as well. That deal they had on draft day fell through.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
ßöмßäяðîëя;4617695 said:
Word, and Chandler Parsons is taking up a bit too much of it as well.

Next day or so will be interesting.
Parsons signed an offer sheet with the Mavericks, so Houston can't do anything until that gets resolved.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I wonder if the Cavs try to do a sign and trade for Pau Gasol now to give him a big man who can pass out of the low post. As a lakers fan, I would love to get a hold of that Heat draft pick that ironically, cleveland owns :howler:

- - - Updated - - -

ßöмßäяðîëя;4617698 said:
Word?

I didn't know that.

Yeah, they place what is called a cap hold, so until it gets resolved, Houston is responsible for that cap figure. It's weird, but that is how it works out.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I wonder if the Cavs try to do a sign and trade for Pau Gasol now to give him a big man who can pass out of the low post. As a lakers fan, I would love to get a hold of that Heat draft pick that ironically, cleveland owns :howler:

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, they place what is called a cap hold, so until it gets resolved, Houston is responsible for that cap figure. It's weird, but that is how it works out.
I think they might trade Wiggins for K.Love. Wiggins wasn't mentioned in Lebron's article and I personally think that'd be a great trade. Cavs might have to throw in a couple other players tho.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
ßöмßäяðîëя;4617701 said:
Well, you seem on your toes with this stuff.

Actually, the cap hold is smaller on him because he was a 2nd round pick. For some reason I thought he was a 1st.

- - - Updated - - -

I think they might trade Wiggins for K.Love. Wiggins wasn't mentioned in Lebron's article and I personally think that'd be a great trade. Cavs might have to throw in a couple other players tho.

They would have to throw in several players in order to make that work. I think Love makes around 14 million per year.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
You know, I've been following sports for nearly 40 years, and I can honestly tell you that I have never ever seen something like this. I've never seen an athlete go back to his original team during the prime of his career.

I'm trying to go through this in my mind for all the iconic sports figures during my life, and I can't come up with one player.

This is unprecedented, and pretty fucking cool to be honest with you

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
That's not really a big issue. They need to make the trades first, then see if Bosh is even willing to make a deal. If he is, okay. Either way, Saturday night the match the sheet.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
There are rumors that Pau Gasol could go to the Thunder or the Spurs via a sign and trade for a young player and an expiring contract. Don't know what the Spurs would offer, but I hear Kendrick Perkins and Jeremy Lamb for Gasol.

- - - Updated - - -

And in other, more important news, I think I've fallen in love with Josina Anderson

- - - Updated - - -

That's not really a big issue. They need to make the trades first, then see if Bosh is even willing to make a deal. If he is, okay. Either way, Saturday night the match the sheet.
Jeremy Lin to the Lakers?

You better be giving us some first round draft picks to take on that joke of a player

- - - Updated - - -

Lin and a 1st round pick to the Lakers :howler:

Oh, thank god his contract expires next year, or I would have had a stroke

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Such a great move by Lebron. And very, very wise. That Miami team wasn't going anywhere. Now he has great players that he can lead the next 5 years and after that Irving, Wiggins and Love could carry him until his late 30's for rings.

Now get Love, Ray Allen and Mike Miller for veteran leadership.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Such a great move by Lebron. And very, very wise. That Miami team wasn't going anywhere. Now he has great players that he can lead the next 5 years and after that Irving, Wiggins and Love could carry him until his late 30's for rings.

Now get Love, Ray Allen and Mike Miller for veteran leadership.

This wasn't just about Basketball.

This was about his attachment to where he is from. This is about trying to right the wrong. This meant more to him than basketball. This meant returning home

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Lin's a good player. Not a 15m a year player though. He was great as a 6th man for us last season.

Lakers are only on the hook for 8, which doesn't matter anyway, as they still have around 20 million in cap space still.

And it doesn't matter even more, as his ass will be gone next summer, along with Nash, and tens of millions of cap space again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 31)