The NBA Thread (74 Viewers)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
What are you talking about? First of all, Lebron isn't part of the front court, he's a perimeter player. Second, the only one you're mentioning worth while is Bosh, who in reality is a finesse big. Birdman is 35 years old and was a free agent for months before Miami took him. Haslem, Oden, Lewis. LOL, are you $#@!in' with me right now? If you want to have this discussion then be serious.
so what youre trying to say he needs more good players. Bosh, Haslem and Birdman arent enough.? what would you want? Howard, Love and Nowitzki? seriously thats a good center line considering the talent they have on other positions.

- - - Updated - - -

Furthermore, Wade has been on one knee in both Miami's championship runs. In 2012 he injured his knee and last season he did so as well, actually playing with problems in both knees.

And what, Duncan had Iverson and Kidd competing against him? Iverson and Kidd were not even in the West. And even if they were, they were not posing a threat. I could easily mention Melo, Durant, Rose, big 3 Boston, Pistons and bunch of others as threats for Lebron through out the years.
if you look at the runs Miami made to the finals in all those years then you can see that there wasnt one team that would even reach the playoffs on the west except from Boston and to some extend Chicago. Dallas in 2011 and the Spurs in this season showed what a joke the east is. even last season Spurs were the better team but that shot from Allen decided in the end.

he had to compete with those guys for the MVP. prime Shaq was also there, a safe bet for the MVP in those years. thats because you mentioned LBJ has more MVPs

Buy on AliExpress.com

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
If you compare Parker, Ginobili, and Leonard to Wade, Bosh, and Chalmers, the former are way better. Especially this year. Wade used to be the man a few years ago but he declined a lot. Bosh has just been inconsistent. Chalmers is Chalmers.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
If you want to fault a guy who just performed 28ppg and 8rpg on almost 60% then your standards are impossible. The only thing you can blame Lebron for is the 2011 finals, but he has made up for it and more by winning back to back championships and played basketball at a level very few players have done before.
im not faulting anyone here. im just saying Miami has the best team in the league (even without Lebron theyre top 3-4 easily). with a team like that you can only expect them to win a title every season. and for the bolded part, this is only true if you watch basketball since 2006 or so...

- - - Updated - - -

If you compare Parker, Ginobili, and Leonard to Wade, Bosh, and Chalmers, the former are way better. Especially this year. Wade used to be the man a few years ago but he declined a lot. Bosh has just been inconsistent. Chalmers is Chalmers.
here is the deal. 2 of 3 best players in the league (at that time) and one top 10 decide to form a team together. then they add the best 3 point shooter of all time and a few very solid players who had important roles in their former teams in Battier, Miller, Lewis, Chalmers.... but, every team has a go to guy, Lebron is theirs so ofcourse he is gonna stand out above the others. he will receive most balls, have most freedom... how many times have you seen Wade running at the basket and waiting for Lebron and passing to him instead of scoring? thats easily 5 or 6 more ppg for Wade so that shows you that the difference between them isnt so big as you and Suns want to present.

the thing is, Miami has a great team, they have Lebron, they have shooters to strech the play for James (and Wade) and when James is resting on the bench, Wade takes the role of the go to guy and performs. the key behind their success is the big3, it always was. Lebron is statistically the leader ofcourse, but the other 2 do an amazing job and hit some super important shots that you can not say it was because of Lebron, it was because of all of the 3 and that is the whole point...

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
So I guess the main issue here is that Miami have the best team? How is that? They don't, in 2010 which seems to be where you still think we're at they had a very interesting team. They had Lebron, Bosh and healthy superstar Wade. 3 years later and Wade is not the same guy, he's 32 years old and has major issues with BOTH knees. I could easily argue that OKC big 3 is better than Miami. Westbrook is better than current Wade and Ibaka is more valuable than Bosh since he's a better defender, rim protector, rebounder and best blocker in the league.

Miami are one of the worst rebounding teams in the league, have no rim protection, one of the smallest teams in the league and the oldest team in the league. Shit like that is a disaster waiting to happen. But, Lebron is very good at filling the holes, at least the last 3 seasons. But shit was bound to catch up on them sooner or later and a well oiled machine like the Spurs with quality all over the roster finally beat them.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
So I guess the main issue here is that Miami have the best team? How is that? They don't, in 2010 which seems to be where you still think we're at they had a very interesting team. They had Lebron, Bosh and healthy superstar Wade. 3 years later and Wade is not the same guy, he's 32 years old and has major issues with BOTH knees. I could easily argue that OKC big 3 is better than Miami. Westbrook is better than current Wade and Ibaka is more valuable than Bosh since he's a better defender, rim protector, rebounder and best blocker in the league.

Miami are one of the worst rebounding teams in the league, have no rim protection, one of the smallest teams in the league and the oldest team in the league. Shit like that is a disaster waiting to happen. But, Lebron is very good at filling the holes, at least the last 3 seasons. But shit was bound to catch up on them sooner or later and a well oiled machine like the Spurs with quality all over the roster finally beat them.
Hold on a second here. A few years ago when you and I were having these types of discussions, you stated that the reason why Lebron could not win any championships in Cleveland was because he did not have enough good players around him. This, despite the fact that Danny Ferry was widely regarded as one of the best GM's in the league during the latter part of Lebron's tenure there, and he did everything possible to put the best possible teams around him.

Now, he goes to Miami, hooks up with Bosh and Wade, is 2-2 in chamiopnship series, and now all of a sudden he doesn't have a good enough team around him?

So whose fault is that now? Did Pat Riley not try to do everything possible to put the best teams around him? Isn't Lebron one of the very few players in the league that make everyone around him better? So what is the deal here? Do you want to blame everyone but Lebron for them being 2-2 in the last 4 years in the Finals?

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Hold on a second here. A few years ago when you and I were having these types of discussions, you stated that the reason why Lebron could not win any championships in Cleveland was because he did not have enough good players around him. This, despite the fact that Danny Ferry was widely regarded as one of the best GM's in the league during the latter part of Lebron's tenure there, and he did everything possible to put the best possible teams around him.

Now, he goes to Miami, hooks up with Bosh and Wade, is 2-2 in chamiopnship series, and now all of a sudden he doesn't have a good enough team around him?

So whose fault is that now? Did Pat Riley not try to do everything possible to put the best teams around him? Isn't Lebron one of the very few players in the league that make everyone around him better? So what is the deal here? Do you want to blame everyone but Lebron for them being 2-2 in the last 4 years in the Finals?
What does Wade having chronic knee issues have to do with what we talked about a few years back? Lebron didn't have the cast in Cleveland, that is pretty well acknowledged fact at this point. Danny Ferry and the rest of the Cavs managed took Lebron for granted and during 7 years managed to bring Mo effin Williams as his best 2nd option.
Wade, Lebron and Bosh take up so much of the salary cap that if they don't play up to their superstar level this team is extremely fragile. Wade's knee issues has made it tougher for Miami. And this last year the cast has looked old and slow, honestly. Reliable guys like Battier are a non factor any more, he even just retired, Ray Allen is a liability on defense and except for his 3 point shot very often looks all of his 38 years of age out there. He is probably going to retire as well. Miller is not around anymore..

I see no reason at all to start pointing fingers at Lebron. What more could you ask of him? He's their best scorer, playmaker, rebounder, go to defender and basically the clear reason why they get to the finals in the first place.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
The worst possible injury that Joel Embiid could have suffered.

That injury has ruined/cut short the careers of centers before, from Bill Walton to Yao Ming.

Not good. Huge risk to the team that drafts him.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
The worst possible injury that Joel Embiid could have suffered.

That injury has ruined/cut short the careers of centers before, from Bill Walton to Yao Ming.

Not good. Huge risk to the team that drafts him.
really unlucky, im sorry for him. i still hope he gets back because hes the only center in the top 10 picks, the next being Jusuf Nurkic at 18 (potentialy) according to this:

http://www.nbadraft.net/2014mock_draft

this league seriously lacks quality centers...

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
Apr 12, 2004
Mar 4, 2007
ßöмßäяðîëя;4589384 said:
They can't pay him, he'll end up in Chicago.

- - - Updated - - -

He's too selfish to play in Miami.
He better come to south beach if he wants to win a ring. If wade takes huge pay cut they might have a room for Anthony.

That draft year was unreal. If he joins them in south beach then RIP to the NBA.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
The last thing that the Heat need is a selfish ball hog who can't play defense, and can't score unless the offense is catered to him.

- - - Updated - - -

Another Center who i think is pretty good has this.

I Feel bad for the guy : http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2014/st...isaiah-austin-career-ending-medical-condition
I read that yesterday. That's a tough thing to find out 4 days before the draft.

- - - Updated - - -

And no sooner do I mention my disdain for Anthony, I read this :sergio:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...xpected-include-chicago-bulls-houston-rockets

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 6, Guests: 59)