The NBA Thread (59 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Lakers and Lebron would be an awful combination
There is just no talent there besides Kobe.

And I'm a huge Laker fan, but this team needs to take its lumps for a couple of seasons and start anew. The problem that they are facing is that they are going to have no choice but to rebuild through free agency. They've traded or sold every 1st round pick they've had since 2007, and they don't have a first round pick next year, or the year after.

Keep feeding the machine of fans and media expectations to be in the hunt for a title every year, and eventually, you have nothing left in the cupboard to feed it. This is what they are dealing with. They need to suck for the next couple of years and start over again.

Apr 12, 2004
There is just no talent there besides Kobe.

And I'm a huge Laker fan, but this team needs to take its lumps for a couple of seasons and start anew. The problem that they are facing is that they are going to have no choice but to rebuild through free agency. They've traded or sold every 1st round pick they've had since 2007, and they don't have a first round pick next year, or the year after.

Keep feeding the machine of fans and media expectations to be in the hunt for a title every year, and eventually, you have nothing left in the cupboard to feed it. This is what they are dealing with. They need to suck for the next couple of years and start over again.
Kobe is a joke anymore.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
ßöмßäяðîëя;4591837 said:
Kobe is a joke anymore.
He's also 36 and coming off of 2 major injuries. Let's try to have some perspective here.

He's not the player he used to be, but if he's healthy, he can still be a Top 25 player.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
He's not getting any younger. Coming back from injury takes time and once he's back, I don't see him having a big impact anymore. Maybe once in a blue moon during a certain game but not consistently. Yes gonna turn into a very valuable bench player but as a starter, I personally don't see it.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
That ain't happening ether.
You are probably right in that regard, but he is not a joke, either, at least as far as a basketball player is concerned.

Somewhere in the middle lies the truth.

Prior to last year, he had a really really good season right up until he tore his Achilles with 4 games left in the season.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
You are probably right in that regard, but he is not a joke, either, at least as far as a basketball player is concerned.

Somewhere in the middle lies the truth.

Prior to last year, he had a really really good season right up until he tore his Achilles with 4 games left in the season.
I'm not the one saying he's a joke now. He's too talented and determined to be a joke even with one leg and no arms. He won't be the the superstar that can carry a team though, he will be top30 player still imo.

I was just saying that Kobe will never ever accept a bench role, no matter how bad he will play. It's just not in his character. He will sooner retire then be just a bench player or even role player.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
So I'm watching ESPN2 and they have an NBA reporter on right now, and this is the latest that he said.

I'm paraphrasing.

"Watch out for the Los Angeles Lakers not only for Lebron James, but potentially for Carmelo Anthony as well. They have more than enough cap space for Lebron, but there are reports that the Lakers are willing to trade the #7 pick in the draft if that team will also take Steve Nash's contract for 9.7 million in its final year, thereby giving hem the cap space for both".

I'm changing the station. I'm starting to get sick.
I am a Lakers fan, but haven't been following them or NBA in general that much lately.

But, why would Lebron and Carmelo be bad for Lakers? They're amazing players.

Any rumors about PF/C? I think they need someone at that position badly.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I am a Lakers fan, but haven't been following them or NBA in general that much lately.

But, why would Lebron and Carmelo be bad for Lakers? They're amazing players.

Any rumors about PF/C? I think they need someone at that position badly.
#1) They are both 30, and will be looking for max contracts
#2) They still have one Kobe Bryant on the team, and I find it near impossible that they will all be able to play together. Three alpha males on the same team? It worked with Shaq and Kobe because they were both much younger, and played two different styles of ball. Imagine these three on the same team :howler:. Lebron will want to end up killing the both of them, and I can't say that I would blame him.

#3) They would literally have nothing else on the roster. As I had stated earlier, they have sold/traded away every 1st round pick they have had since 2007, and in order to try and get Melo on board, they would need to trade that #7 pick as a sweeetner to a Steve Nash trade. Therefore, they have no youth on the squad, no young legs. Hell, they only have Kobe, Nash, and Robert Sacre under contract.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 54)