The NBA Thread (63 Viewers)

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
haha yea good one. Lebron, the guy who is single handedly responsible for Miami winning two titles, going to the finals four times in a row and taking the Cavs to the finals also isn't on the same level as Duncan, the guy who always had an amazing support cast and one of the best coaches in the game behind him.

Buy on AliExpress.com

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Yep, just because he doesn't have big highlight reel plays doesn't mean he's worse. Lebron isn't in the same class as the other 2 anyway.

3x NBA MVP
5x NBA Champion
2x MVP

etc..
:agree:

- - - Updated - - -

haha yea good one. Lebron, the guy who is single handedly responsible for Miami winning two titles, going to the finals four times in a row and taking the Cavs to the finals also isn't on the same level as Duncan, the guy who always had an amazing support cast and one of the best coaches in the game behind him.

and if it wasnt for this guy, they wouldnt win last seasons title either

James was indeed their most important player, but no one in the league has such a supporting cast as him. Wade, Bosh and Allen would have made a contender team even without Lebron, thats how good these guys are. if Lebron could have won the title single handedly, he would have stayed in Cleveland...

- - - Updated - - -

:lol: thats just funny. he played in the worst Eastern Conference ever, with the Pistons being the only good team. Miami with Wade and Shaq (both missing half a season due to injuries) barely made it to the playoffs, and the only competition the Cavs had was the Pistons. the finals showed how weak the east was as the Cavs were swept 4-0 by the Spurs...

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Duncan has been a role player for many years now. Let's stop acting as if he does the same work as Lebron or Kobe do.
:sergio: i never ever heard someone call Timmy a role player. even at this age, hes still better than most PFs and Cs in the league. Lebron should not be mentioned in the same sentence with this legend.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
:agree:

- - - Updated - - -

and if it wasnt for this guy, they wouldnt win last seasons title either

James was indeed their most important player, but no one in the league has such a supporting cast as him. Wade, Bosh and Allen would have made a contender team even without Lebron, thats how good these guys are. if Lebron could have won the title single handedly, he would have stayed in Cleveland...

- - - Updated - - -
haha, best supporting cast. Do you think this is 2010 Wade Miami have? Also, do you understand that with all of this "super cast" he has Lebron actually leads Miami in ppg, apg, and rpg? Do you know that Miami have NO FRONT COURT what so ever? That is unheard of in the NBA. Do you know why it works? Because Lebron makes up for those issues. Having issues with David West? Put Lebron on him..Miami ain't no ordinary team. They are top heavy but with a pretty shitty roster. Also, with Wade having all of his injuries it is kind of making things even worse.

- - - Updated - - -

:sergio: i never ever heard someone call Timmy a role player. even at this age, hes still better than most PFs and Cs in the league. Lebron should not be mentioned in the same sentence with this legend.
Like it or not, he has been a role player for the last few years. He isn't forced to carry as much as Lebron and Kobe have to do. That is the truth and one of hte reasons why Duncan isn't 5x fmvp.

And Lebron will go down as the better player. He's on his way to breaking all the record in the NBA, has more regular season MVP and just has the bigger effect single handedly on a game than Duncan has.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
He's the player I respect the most in the NBA, probably since John Stockton.

:touched:

- - - Updated - - -

haha, best supporting cast. Do you think this is 2010 Wade Miami have? Also, do you understand that with all of this "super cast" he has Lebron actually leads Miami in ppg, apg, and rpg? Do you know that Miami have NO FRONT COURT what so ever? That is unheard of in the NBA. Do you know why it works? Because Lebron makes up for those issues. Having issues with David West? Miami ain't no ordinary team. They are top heavy but with a pretty $#@!ty roster. Also, with Wade having all of his injuries it is kind of making things even worse.
Wade, Bosh, Allen, Battier, Haslem, Miller (hes gone but still)... what else do you want. and no front court? really. James - Bosh - Andersen; Lewis - Haslem - Oden. you call that no front court? oh yeah, i forgot. they need Dwight Howard and Kevin Love and then they will have a front counrt. lets sign them for peanuts and win another title...

- - - Updated - - -

Like it or not, he has been a role player for the last few years. He isn't forced to carry as much as Lebron and Kobe have to do. That is the truth and one of hte reasons why Duncan isn't 5x fmvp.

And Lebron will go down as the better player. He's on his way to breaking all the record in the NBA, has more regular season MVP and just has the bigger effect single handedly on a game than Duncan has.
Duncan was the finals MVP 3 times (close second the other 2 times) and won the MVP twice when he had Shaq in his best days against him, Iverson, Kidd... while Lebron is dominating the weakest eastern conference off all time in the most star loaded team in the league. wow, praise the Queen. simply amazing. the Spurs would probably never ever have won a single title if it wasnt for Duncan...

- - - Updated - - -

do you have NBA2k in steam ? (PC version)
add me :scarf:
419c748f8c388f490e734359f9b990a7.png
sorry mate, i dont have it. but here, im asking whoever has it add Alex-444 please :D

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
No kidding, Jordan or whatever, but those two were something else. I fell in love with them as a kid and it was so strange to look at their NBA hall of fame speech when I was an adult. Fucking awesome people, such icons and stars but humble as a you can get.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009

:touched:

- - - Updated - - -

Wade, Bosh, Allen, Battier, Haslem, Miller (hes gone but still)... what else do you want. and no front court? really. James - Bosh - Andersen; Lewis - Haslem - Oden. you call that no front court? oh yeah, i forgot. they need Dwight Howard and Kevin Love and then they will have a front counrt. lets sign them for peanuts and win another title...
What are you talking about? First of all, Lebron isn't part of the front court, he's a perimeter player. Second, the only one you're mentioning worth while is Bosh, who in reality is a finesse big. Birdman is 35 years old and was a free agent for months before Miami took him. Haslem, Oden, Lewis. LOL, are you fuckin' with me right now? If you want to have this discussion then be serious.

Furthermore, Wade has been on one knee in both Miami's championship runs. In 2012 he injured his knee and last season he did so as well, actually playing with problems in both knees.

And what, Duncan had Iverson and Kidd competing against him? Iverson and Kidd were not even in the West. And even if they were, they were not posing a threat. I could easily mention Melo, Durant, Rose, big 3 Boston, Pistons and bunch of others as threats for Lebron through out the years.

If you want to fault a guy who just performed 28ppg and 8rpg on almost 60% then your standards are impossible. The only thing you can blame Lebron for is the 2011 finals, but he has made up for it and more by winning back to back championships and played basketball at a level very few players have done before.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Suns :tup:

I have no idea how twisted someone's perspective has to be to even think of comparing Duncan to Lebron. All those players zizinho mentioned are scrubs with the exception of Bosh who has still been out of form. Wade was the worst I've ever seen him and looked like he could barely walk, let alone play basketball.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 51)