The NBA Thread (59 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Their offensive efficiency this series reminded me of the days of the NBA in the 80's, with smart, fundamental basketball, good passing, team ball, and good shooting.

In other words, the way the game was meant to be played.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
I wish Duncan won the MVP though, he could have deserved it really. Would have been the only player to win NBA finals MVPs over 3 decades.

Not to say he (and the Spurs) couldn't do it again next year :p

Duncan is seriously the best PF ever tho and probably the most consistent player ever.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I wish Duncan won the MVP though, he could have deserved it really. Would have been the only player to win NBA finals MVPs over 3 decades.

Not to say he (and the Spurs) couldn't do it again next year :p

Duncan is seriously the best PF ever tho and probably the most consistent player ever.
:tup: i hope they win another title, im not their biggest fan but they deserve it more than anyone...

and i agree, Duncan is th best PF, really. some would say Malone and statistically he is probably, but Duncan is such a great player, a true leader on the field, his teams were almost always contenders and he is a big reason behind that. Most consistent player ever? i wouldnt say Duncan, Kareem beats him to it, i would even say Jordan, the guy performed in every season he played, he even had 20ppg at the age of 40...

and just to add another thing: Duncan >>>>>>> James :D

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Karl Malone is for sure a contender but for me Duncan is just amazing, possibly even the best player of the modern era, either him or Kobe.

Maybe Kareem but I don't think Jordan was much more consistent, I don't think you could have called him a top player in terms of ability at the end of his career but Duncan still is.

I think we know that :p

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Karl Malone is for sure a contender but for me Duncan is just amazing, possibly even the best player of the modern era, either him or Kobe.

Maybe Kareem but I don't think Jordan was much more consistent, I don't think you could have called him a top player in terms of ability at the end of his career but Duncan still is.

I think we know that :p
Jordan was 35 when he won his last title, then he retired, that was pretty much the end of his career :D. 3 straight titles however, he returned 3 years later for a crap Wizards team and still played great, averaged 20ppg. note that he didnt play for 3 whole years, returned at the age of 38, and still was among the top scorers in the league. he even scored 40 pts in a game when he was 40 years old. LEGEND :touched:

im not saying that Duncan isnt amazing, consistent or a legendary player. but, for me, no-one competes with this beast...

- - - Updated - - -

I'd say the best player of the modern era is James.
Timmy or Kobe, James isnt in their category

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Jordan was 35 when he won his last title, then he retired, that was pretty much the end of his career :D. 3 straight titles however, he returned 3 years later for a crap Wizards team and still played great, averaged 20ppg. note that he didnt play for 3 whole years, returned at the age of 38, and still was among the top scorers in the league. he even scored 40 pts in a game when he was 40 years old. LEGEND :touched:

im not saying that Duncan isnt amazing, consistent or a legendary player. but, for me, no-one competes with this beast...
I think Duncan was more consistent as well from the beginning. He won Finals MVP in only like his second season I think, Jordan didn't do that until like his 6th or 7th season I think.

Yeah ok. Duncan isn't even part of the discussion. Kobe was great but right now he doesn't hold a candle to Lebron.
:lol: Duncan is the only 3 times Finals MVP out of all of them

The door is that way ------------->

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Being Finals MVP means you're clutch. Not necessarily the best.

Are you honestly saying you think Duncan is or has been better than Kobe and James?

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Yep, just because he doesn't have big highlight reel plays doesn't mean he's worse. Lebron isn't in the same class as the other 2 anyway.

3x NBA MVP
5x NBA Champion
2x MVP

etc..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 5, Guests: 46)