The NBA Thread (76 Viewers)

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Just read about Brandon Bass signing with the Magic. A 6Ft8 and young fellow who is very physical and will probably play the 4th spot and push Lewis back to the 3rd spot.

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/david_aldridge/07/10/magic.bass/index.html
Always liked Brandon Bass, he's very active, definitely physical, and I think he could really be an excellent player for Orlando.

More potentially good news for my boys!! If this happens, and the Raps pick-up Delfino and Nesterovic, my team is going to be solid next season. Very solid. Plus, adding one of Bosh's former GT teammates doesn't hurt, in the push to re-sign CB4. Colangelo is doing very well this offseason.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4321678

Indiana Pacers restricted free agent Jarrett Jack signed an offer sheet for four years, $20 million with the Toronto Raptors, NBA front-office sources told ESPN.com.

The Pacers have seven days to match the offer, which they expect to receive Sunday or Monday. Given the Pacers financial situation, it's unlikely they will match the offer, a source close to the process told ESPN.com.

Jack averaged a career-high 13.1 points, 3.4 rebounds and 4.1 assists for the Pacers last season. He started the final month of the season.

Jack would probably back up Jose Calderon at point guard in Toronto.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
He was solid bench player last year for the Mavs, which is what the Magic needed. Not sure if he'll start at the 4 or not but he has the opportunity to prove himself. He's a strong guy and can match up physically with a lot of people in the league. I think it's a good signing.

Talking about the Lebron a.k.a Lebrick incident:
Jordan Crawford himself:
To be honest, I could care less if a kid dunks over Lebron. But, the fact that he took it so seriously makes this even funnier.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Well, Rollie, it certainly looks like Toronto is doing all they can to build a team and keep Bosh.

Considering that the Salary cap could go down significantly next year, that is good news for fans of teams who are trying to hang on to these guys.

Now, if Jerry Buss could stop playing poker for a little while, he could use that money that his cash cow known as the Los Angeles Lakers has been making for him and actually re-sign Odom

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Well, Rollie, it certainly looks like Toronto is doing all they can to build a team and keep Bosh.

Considering that the Salary cap could go down significantly next year, that is good news for fans of teams who are trying to hang on to these guys.

Now, if Jerry Buss could stop playing poker for a little while, he could use that money that his cash cow known as the Los Angeles Lakers has been making for him and actually re-sign Odom
unless odom is only going for the money he would be severely foolish to leave what he has in L.A.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
unless odom is only going for the money he would be severely foolish to leave what he has in L.A.
that's the problem. What money is out there??

No one else can offer him more than their Mid Level Exemption.

The lakers offered him 3/30 million or 4/36 million, and he never bothered to even respond.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Well, it looks like Charlotte is going to be in salary dump mode. They are trading Omeka Okeafor to New Orleans for Tyson Chandler.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
that's the problem. What money is out there??

No one else can offer him more than their Mid Level Exemption.

The lakers offered him 3/30 million or 4/36 million, and he never bothered to even respond.
but you know what i mean. he is NOTHING without kobe just like the majority of that roster. i think he can get good money from the lakers and still win another ring. but maybe i don't know the inner workings of a pro athletes mind

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
but you know what i mean. he is NOTHING without kobe just like the majority of that roster. i think he can get good money from the lakers and still win another ring. but maybe i don't know the inner workings of a pro athletes mind
Dude Odom is the glue that keeps LA together. He's a guy who can legitimately play anywhere on the court and he's not a pussy. Which is why LA fans are so worried and why Kobe is anxious for him to re-sign. LA wouldn't have won the championship without him.

He's the most important player for LA other than Bryant.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Dude Odom is the glue that keeps LA together. He's a guy who can legitimately play anywhere on the court and he's not a pussy. Which is why LA fans are so worried and why Kobe is anxious for him to re-sign. LA wouldn't have won the championship without him.

i wouldn't consider him the glue to anything nor the most important player other than bryant

gasol actually proved to alot of ppl (including me) that he is the real deal after his playoff performance this year

but what i'm implying is that the lakers would not crumble if odom left, they would replace him someone younger and possibly a bit more motivated than odom down the line

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008

Maybe a little strong, but Odom is absolutely a must have for the lakers. He brings a TON to the table that isn't readily apparent by reviewing stats. Not many like Lamar in the league.

Congrats Sergio, I'm reading everywhere that Odom's verbally agreed to a new deal. The Lakers are looking very strong.

Love the Nesterovic pickup, and the Bellinelli for Devean George swap, for my Raps.
He and Nellie rubbed each other the wrong way, but Marco can fill it up. He's still got a lot of room for improvement (especially his defending), and I think he's going to turn out to be a huge steal. Nice comfortable environment in T.O... and, when he played over 20 mpg last year, he averaged almost 14 PPG. Also, just under 40% for his career 3point FG%, if I remember correctly. Way too early for the Warriors to give up on him, IMO, but I guess they're trying to create minutes for some other promising youngsters.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Here's an excerpt from Charley Rosen of Fox Sports. This basically sums up my opinion of Lamar Odom, and why I've always thought that with him on the bench, its almost like having 2 opr 3 players in one, and why he drives me crazy so often. I've always thought, in terms of pure talent and skill, that he is a potential top 5, definite top 10 player in the league. That is based on talent and skillset alone. Anyway, here's a part of that article.

Pros: Simply put, Odom can do just about everything he puts his mind to. Rebound, handle, run, jump, shoot from long range, post-up, pass and defend. All this at either the small forward or the power forward positions — and even playing center in selected matchups.

More specifically, he can drive effectively both ways but prefers going left — and therefore works very hard (mostly with a nifty right-to-left crossover) to get back to his left hand. He's quite a handful when he posts on the right block and looks for his lefty jump hook or turnaround jumper. And he's learned to be aggressive when playing without the ball.

Cons: His habitual lack of focus is a problem. Too often, Odom will disappear and not be a factor whatsoever. This happens perhaps one out of every three games in the regular season and one game per playoff series. Also, his 3-ball stroke can be flat. Plus, he exhibits too much ball and body movement at the stripe and is therefore little better than a lifetime 70 percent shooter from there, which is slightly below the average league-wide efficiency.

Prognosis: With both Odom and Ron Artest in the fold, the Lakers are heavy favorites to repeat. All they need to round out their roster is another lively big man off the bench — Josh Powell doesn't fill the bill — and a guard/wing who can provide another reliable scorer off the bench. It could very well be, however, that if Adam Morrison's leg has healed and fully regained its strength, he could be the secondary scorer for the second unit.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I'm so pumped for next season and I'm really hoping Jonas Jerebko does well for the Pistons. He is the first Swede ever to play in the NBA and as a fan I'm really happy about that.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
No team really, I mean I like Steve Nash and I hope Phoenix Suns do well but I'm not a fan of the team and if Nash got traded I would "support" his new team.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I just scored tickets for the Lakers and Celtics in Boston for January 31st.

Not the best seats, but oh well. Who cares.

Wahdan

Ace of Spades
Mar 14, 2009
No team really, I mean I like Steve Nash and I hope Phoenix Suns do well but I'm not a fan of the team and if Nash got traded I would "support" his new team.
I got what you mean. Nash is extraordinary, but Suns are :tdown:

I just scored tickets for the Lakers and Celtics in Boston for January 31st.

Not the best seats, but oh well. Who cares.
I wish I were you :touched:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 66)