The NBA Thread (35 Viewers)

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
They might be boring, but that team is legit 10-11 deep in their rotation, and they have been doing that all season long. I can't see another team beating them to be honest.

And we can forget about the Celtics beating the heat. As long as David Stern is running the show, the Heat will not lose a game during these playoffs due to bad refereeing against them.

5 technicals against the Celtics, and maybe 2 of them were legitimate. This has been even worse than what the Lakers benefitted from in 2002

spurs play like a team, and that team was well built and ran all props to Poppa. and yes NBA is still a joke, though i would have loved to see the bulls battle it out against the heat and spurs.

---------- Post added 30.05.2012 at 11:38 ----------

Being a Juve fan all these years, I'm more than used to hearing the bs :D

Spurs have character.
they also got nice jerseys :p

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Happy For SAS, they play beautiful basketball and they execute their game plan to perfection thanks to Pop ofc.

Timmy deserve another Title, one of the greatest of all time.

dodo

The Recruiter
Apr 25, 2011
San Antonio can only beat themselves, but they deserve to win the title again. Tim Duncan's dunk on my man Ibaka was just nasty.

---------- Post added 31.05.2012 at 00:34 ----------

No. I read the papers. Believe the hype. Jeremy Lin is a superhero and the Knicks are cruising to the title. :weee:

Oh the Linsanity!!!
I see you're still reading newspapers from February :p

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Who knows. Wade and Bron need to play in the same level they've been playing the last 3 games in order for them to beat San Antonio. The addition of Bosh could give them a boost too.

But man what a team Spurs are.

Oh, and draft lottery in 30 minutes! Do not miss that.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Lots of talk about both Gasol and Bynum being traded this summer.

Lots of it. And I'm not talking about just a couple of "what if" scenarios.

Talk in and around L.A. is that both of them are going to be moved.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
They say that the Rockets are again the frontrunners to get him. They wanted him badly at the beginning of the season, and apparently they still do. The latest is Scola and Martin for him, and for Bynum, it is Deron Williams and Brook Lopez.

Gasol wasn't too cool with being the third option in Mike Brown's offense this season. Then again, I was never cool with Mike Brown in the first place.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I like Deron Williams but getting rid of Bynum is dumb.

Gasol's time has come Sergio, he's declining fast. I haven't seen the Lakers much so I can't say for sure but whenever I saw him he was subpar.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I like Deron Williams but getting rid of Bynum is dumb.

Gasol's time has come Sergio, he's declining fast. I haven't seen the Lakers much so I can't say for sure but whenever I saw him he was subpar.
He averaged 18 and 10 this year as a 3rd option. I wouldn't say that he's declining fast. his game is not the type for a big man where he has to take a physical pounding. He's not the player that he was a couple of years ago, but he's not chopped liver either.

Bynum has basically infuriated everyone on the Lakers this year. I love his talent, but he has been petulant, and unwilling to listen to the coaching staff. He just doesn't seem to be the right fit in L.A.,a nd that's too bad, because I love his game. New Jersey/Brooklyn would be perfect for him. He'd be going home.

---------- Post added 01.06.2012 at 11:05 ----------

The bottom line is, they need to blow this up. I had been saying it for the past couple of years, but their tendency to just throw in draft picks in deals, or sell the draft picks on draft day for the sake of avoiding any further luxury tax implications, have really hurt this squad.

Look at the Spurs for example. They kept all of their 1st round draft picks, and did a fantastic job scouting internationally with a couple of their 2nd round picks, and look where they are now,. The perfect mix of veterans and young players. the Lakers should have followed this model.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 28)