The NBA Thread (108 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
That's an over reaction to what has been a pretty well played joke all season from Mitchell. Truth is not a lot separate Simmons and Mitchell, so either could have win it.

I thought Mitchell had the better year and did more for his team, but you can't really fault someone for having support.

Anyway, should be fun to see these two guys grow over the next couple of years.
The question is not who should have won it, but the fake outrage that somehow Simmons isn't a real rookie. By NBA standards, yes he is, but twitter journalists and sites looking for hits just tend to ignore this.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
The question is not who should have won it, but the fake outrage that somehow Simmons isn't a real rookie. By NBA standards, yes he is, but twitter journalists and sites looking for hits just tend to ignore this.
At least on Utah sports radio, no one is mentioning it. Mostly, how great it was to have someone up for it.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
It was about time, Rivers is a shit ass mediocre player.

Also, I’m pretty sure Adidas is just trying to play the rookie thing up. Unfortunately they’re making Mitchell look like a hurt ass bitch but I’m pretty sure he couldn’t care less, just collecting the extra checks.

- - - Updated - - -

Really hope we get a big free agent this summer. That’ll put us under contender category.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
It appears that Lebron's son is going to be enrolling at Sierra Canyon HS in Los Angeles.

Interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

It was about time, Rivers is a shit ass mediocre player.

Also, I’m pretty sure Adidas is just trying to play the rookie thing up. Unfortunately they’re making Mitchell look like a hurt ass bitch but I’m pretty sure he couldn’t care less, just collecting the extra checks.

- - - Updated - - -

Really hope we get a big free agent this summer. That’ll put us under contender category.
The one piece that would make sense is Paul George. Philly needs outside shooters, especially since Reddick is an UFA, and you don't have his Bird rights. You do have a mid level and a bi-annual exception though, so maybe for that 8.4 million MLE you can get a spot up shooter.

Bayless would probably be the most likely to get traded, but with hsi contract, you're going to have to attach some draft picks to move him.

It's possible though. Right now, Philly stands to have 31 million in Cap room, once they renounce all of their free agents

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
It appears that Lebron's son is going to be enrolling at Sierra Canyon HS in Los Angeles.

Interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

The one piece that would make sense is Paul George. Philly needs outside shooters, especially since Reddick is an UFA, and you don't have his Bird rights. You do have a mid level and a bi-annual exception though, so maybe for that 8.4 million MLE you can get a spot up shooter.

Bayless would probably be the most likely to get traded, but with hsi contract, you're going to have to attach some draft picks to move him.

It's possible though. Right now, Philly stands to have 31 million in Cap room, once they renounce all of their free agents
99% confident Redick will stay. But another shooter wouldn’t hurt seeing as Belinelli and Ilyasova will most likely be gone. Idk if I see Paul George coming here given his feelings for LA. Really want Kawhi but that’s a dream.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
99% confident Redick will stay. But another shooter wouldn’t hurt seeing as Belinelli and Ilyasova will most likely be gone. Idk if I see Paul George coming here given his feelings for LA. Really want Kawhi but that’s a dream.
It's not a dream if you are willing to give up draft picks and a couple of those young players. The issue is that Fultz needs to prove that he has gotten these issues with his mechanics squared away. he would probably be a centerpiece for any Kawhi trade. If it is Fultz, Saric, and 2 #1 picks, do you make the deal? If you are getting the Kawhi from 2 years ago,m absolutely. He's the best 2 way player in the game.

If Reddick stays, then your cap space is gone

- - - Updated - - -

And........................................................

The conversation ends.

Just when things were getting good @ALC

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
It's not a dream if you are willing to give up draft picks and a couple of those young players. The issue is that Fultz needs to prove that he has gotten these issues with his mechanics squared away. he would probably be a centerpiece for any Kawhi trade. If it is Fultz, Saric, and 2 #1 picks, do you make the deal? If you are getting the Kawhi from 2 years ago,m absolutely. He's the best 2 way player in the game.

If Reddick stays, then your cap space is gone

- - - Updated - - -

And........................................................

The conversation ends.

Just when things were getting good @ALC
What? What the hell happened??? I don’t see anything on the news.

And yeah, I’d give up Fultz and Saric + a first rounder for Kawhi in a heartbeat but only if it was on more than a one year deal. Saric is all art potential in my eyes and Fultz is too unpredictable at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Also Redick will resign at 10-12 mill a year or so

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
What? What the hell happened??? I don’t see anything on the news.

And yeah, I’d give up Fultz and Saric + a first rounder for Kawhi in a heartbeat but only if it was on more than a one year deal. Saric is all art potential in my eyes and Fultz is too unpredictable at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Also Redick will resign at 10-12 mill a year or so
Nothing happened on the news :lol:.

If Reddick signs for 10-12 million, you would still have to trade players to get under the cap to give a max level deal to a free agent. You would be, at best, 20 million under the cap, so a couple of more pieces would have to go.

- - - Updated - - -

@ALC. In your honest opinion, how many wins do you think this team would have.

Lebron
George
Ingram
Ball
Lopez (Assuming they bring him back using Bird rights)

Bench

Hart
Kuzma
Thomas (Same as Lopez)
Zubac
Wagner

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I’m confident they would crack 50, around mid fifties. They’re in the West which is a tough conference and there’s no guarantee as to how the team would mesh. But they have Lebron so that good enough for 50. Why not start Kuzma tho? I like him a lot and can see him playing instead of Ingram. Or maybe instead of Lonzo with Bron handling the ball.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I’m confident they would crack 50, around mid fifties. They’re in the West which is a tough conference and there’s no guarantee as to how the team would mesh. But they have Lebron so that good enough for 50. Why not start Kuzma tho? I like him a lot and can see him playing instead of Ingram. Or maybe instead of Lonzo with Bron handling the ball.
Ingram brings more to the table than Kuzma. Much better defender and ball handler. Ball has to start with a lineup like that, assuming that James is true to his word that he wants to play off the ball more. You are already going to have Lebron and Lopez in the lineup, who are defensive liabilities, so you need prime defenders at the other positions, which Ball, George, and Ingram are.

- - - Updated - - -

And I know that some people were questioning the Bridges-Smith trade, but I love Zhaire Smith. You guys are going to love him too. That's the guy I wanted the Lakers to trade up for.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Ingram brings more to the table than Kuzma. Much better defender and ball handler. Ball has to start with a lineup like that, assuming that James is true to his word that he wants to play off the ball more. You are already going to have Lebron and Lopez in the lineup, who are defensive liabilities, so you need prime defenders at the other positions, which Ball, George, and Ingram are.

- - - Updated - - -

And I know that some people were questioning the Bridges-Smith trade, but I love Zhaire Smith. You guys are going to love him too. That's the guy I wanted the Lakers to trade up for.
:tup: I’m looking forward to him. And I think that first round pick from Miami may come in handy for a big trade so I’m happy with the overall draft.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
:tup: I’m looking forward to him. And I think that first round pick from Miami may come in handy for a big trade so I’m happy with the overall draft.
I see the 76ers and Celtics as the teams to beat in the East. And that is including Cleveland if Lebron decides to stay there. There is only so much you can do with smoke and mirrors, and that is what he was working with this year.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Apparently, the Lakers have made the Spurs a "Godfather Offer" for Leonard.

Why do I have the feeling that it will be Ingram, Kuzma, Randle (part of a sign and trade), and a first round pick.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010

Why do I have the feeling that it will be Ingram, Kuzma, Randle (part of a sign and trade), and a first round pick.
I’d do that trade if I’m the Lakers. Those guys are replaceable and Leonard is about as rare as it gets.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

fuck that, i would give them nothing (i mean literally nothing, theyd have 20M in cap space and can go chase free agents. maybe throw a pick in there) for him, take it or leave it. id also make sure to get only one of James/George, so we can go after him in 2019, if they dont want to trade

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006

One of Ingram, Kuzma or Randle or all of them?

Hopefully they have not lost their minds.

Especially with Ingram.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I’d do that trade if I’m the Lakers. Those guys are replaceable and Leonard is about as rare as it gets.
Lonzo, Kawhi, James/George (or both), Hart, Wagner, the Ukrainian kid, Zubac, T.Bryant and do we even have cap space after this? that is, assuming we trade Deng

vs

Lonzo, Ingram, Kuzma, Randle, 2 of Kawhi/James/George (Kawhi in 2019, other 2 now), Hart, Wagner, Ukrainian kid, Zubac, T.Bryant, also assuming we trade Deng

im taking option 2 anytime

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 5, Guests: 94)