The national football team of the United Kingdom of Great Britain (2 Viewers)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
RULE BRITANNIA

FIFA president Sepp Blatter gave the green light for a national football team representing the United Kingdom of Great Britain during the Olympic games of 2012.

"We gave them written confirmation that one team representing the entire UK may be fielded during the Olympic games of 2012 in London. How they do it, is their business", Blatter explained.

The British haven't participated in the football tournament of the Olympic games since 1960 for various reasons. Since 1947, all four FA's within the Kingdom (those of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern-Ireland) have rights within FIFA as individual members. They feared an attempt to take part in the football tournament of the games as one nation would lead to a cancellation of those individual rights but Blatter now promised them that will not happen.

What this will lead to, time will tell.

Source; www.vi.nl

------------------------------

Funky :undecide:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
Absolutely pointless... A team of 10 englishmen, one welsh lad and no jocks or northern irish... Even the bench could only include maybe one extra welshie and at a real stretch one jock...

Start far more arguments than its worth

Theres enough bullshit surrounding the selection of the lions squad every time... no need to bring it into football as well

JRulez

Aug 1, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++
Absolutely pointless... A team of 10 englishmen , one welsh lad and no jocks or northern irish... Even the bench could only include maybe one extra welshie and at a real stretch one jock...

Start far more arguments than its worth

Theres enough bullshit surrounding the selection of the lions squad every time... no need to bring it into football as well
10 englishmen? how would we beat Denmark with that many? :D

jaecole

Apr 7, 2005
Thats 10 englishmen and 1 welsh lad that wouldn't have been there.
I think it will be great, I'm sure there will be plenty of scots and NI in the team aswell.

Arguments? Hmm, no more than any other British team.

Plus it's something more to support. Even if only from that point of view, it's worth it.

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
If Duff is still around he should make the left midfield.

Though the english players would dominate the team

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Dan ] ++
If Duff is still around he should make the left midfield.

Though the english players would dominate the team
Where does duff come into it... doesnt qualify to play for the uk

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Nawaf ] ++

Duff is overrated.. :D

Now waiting for the explosion.. :D
Bah, think what you want. He and robben are the best wingers in the EPL, and he is almost certainly on par with any winger serie A have to throw.

/usr/bin

Excellent
Mar 6, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Dan ] ++

Bah, think what you want. He and robben are the best wingers in the EPL, and he is almost certainly on par with any winger serie A have to throw.
I was just egging you on, seeing as Duff is your favorite player.. ;)

He's good, but I'm not a fan..

/usr/bin

Excellent
Mar 6, 2005
Ooh, Joaquin.. Now there's a great player destined for a horrible future.. Either Real or Chelsea.. :(

Anyways, I'm off.. gotta get myself used to sleeping a bit earlier.. We start school the day after tomorrow.. (well, technically, tomorrow, but you know what I mean..) :irritate:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)