Good Charlotte
Blind Melon
Vanillla Ice
Offspring
The Darkness
Girls Aloud
Creed
The Police

I would also like to punch forward a few nominees in the name of Savage Garden, and the newest Greenday.

Also, I suggest you rename it to worthless artists (Vanilla Ice)

Anyway swagger, make a poll.
Agreed except police and savage garden. Both had some pretty memorable songs that i liked at least.

Good call on Greenday. I also think that the lead singer needs to grow up.. I mean he must be at least mid 30's now and he's still prancing around like a hormonal teenager with black eye shadow on.. on yer bike, muppet.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Tom ] ++

Agreed except police and savage garden. Both had some pretty memorable songs that i liked at least.

Good call on Greenday. I also think that the lead singer needs to grow up.. I mean he must be at least mid 30's now and he's still prancing around like a hormonal teenager with black eye shadow on.. on yer bike, muppet.
The problem with the police is that there lyrics are incredibly corny. I swear I could write those lyrics and be have them called deep for that.

Savage Garden might be harsh- just have a prejudice against them cos its all my sister used to hear when she still lived at home, and still does. :wallbang:

Greenday are the shittiest cheapest band out there. They were really good (as punk goes) and I really used to like them, but them jumping on this new wave activist fvck America fvck Bush bandwagon was incredibly cheap and see through. They also copied Blink 182 (shitty, but a different story) in trying to have a more mature image aswell, and the lyrics of their newest songs can only appeal to insecure teenagers to be honest. How many teenagers think that they can relate to ' boluvard of broken dreams' for example? Its the old ' oh woe is me and self pity ' that almost every teenager experiences a phase of at least once- so no wonder it is appealing.

thats my rant about greenday anyway. Its good firepower if you ever have mates who consider greenday lyrics to be deep though :D

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Bozi.78 ] ++
dan mate green day over the last 13 years i have been a fan were fucking amazing the american idiot album is a bit mainstream but before that they were shit-hot.
offspring had a good album called crash then went to shit
Oh I used to like greenday a whole lot. Warning and Dookie were the best punk albums ive ever heard. Now their songs seem to follow the ' avril lavinge ' formula ( verse, chorus, verse, chorus, lull with one or no instrument in the background, chrous X2 and with some extra emphasis on them)

anyway, see my rant for more details.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Dan ] ++

The problem with the police is that there lyrics are incredibly corny. I swear I could write those lyrics and be have them called deep for that.

Savage Garden might be harsh- just have a prejudice against them cos its all my sister used to hear when she still lived at home, and still does. :wallbang:

Greenday are the shittiest cheapest band out there. They were really good (as punk goes) and I really used to like them, but them jumping on this new wave activist fvck America fvck Bush bandwagon was incredibly cheap and see through. They also copied Blink 182 (shitty, but a different story) in trying to have a more mature image aswell, and the lyrics of their newest songs can only appeal to insecure teenagers to be honest. How many teenagers think that they can relate to ' boluvard of broken dreams' for example? Its the old ' oh woe is me and self pity ' that almost every teenager experiences a phase of at least once- so no wonder it is appealing.

thats my rant about greenday anyway. Its good firepower if you ever have mates who consider greenday lyrics to be deep though :D

But you have to admit the WAke Me Up When September Ends video is pretty good

Nov 6, 2005
We should throw current Billy Idol crap on there as well. He used to be okayish, but now this geriatric is still parading around on stage trying to promote youth culture... its imbarrasing.
oh, and agreed on the whole greenday blowing thing.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
:heart: that expression :touched:
Yeah I kinda like it too. Had to throw it in somewhere :D

I never liked them anyway to be fair, though basketcase was a reasonable track I suppose.. totally agree on the bandwagon, teen anxst thing. Pretty lame if you ask me.

++ [ originally posted by Nawaf ] ++
Insatiable by Savage Garden's quite good.. ;)
That was Darren Hayes solo career. Which has been terrible to date :p

++ [ originally posted by Nawaf ] ++
Ah, just noticed this.. I don't agree much with that, but to each his own, I guess..
Yeah not much point arguing on this point, personally I believe rapping, as a skill, is about as useful as invisible mirrors or deaf orchestra conductors - to pluck out 2 entirely random things to prove a point :D

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Beastie Boys
Simple Plan
Good Charlotte
Blind Melon
Vanillla Ice
Offspring
The Darkness
Girls Aloud
Creed
The Police

I would also like to punch forward a few nominees in the name of Savage Garden, and the newest Greenday.

Also, I suggest you rename it to worthless artists (Vanilla Ice)

Anyway swagger, make a poll.
Thanks, Dan.

As requested:

http://www.juventuz.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13278

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005

Oh I used to like greenday a whole lot. Warning and Dookie were the best punk albums ive ever heard. Now their songs seem to follow the ' avril lavinge ' formula ( verse, chorus, verse, chorus, lull with one or no instrument in the background, chrous X2 and with some extra emphasis on them)

anyway, see my rant for more details.
admit the new album is comercial pap but still love all the stuff they done in the past,hopefully after the next album people will forget about them(again)and they will go back to doing what they used to

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)