The most entertaining Italian player (1 Viewer)

K10

Jul 12, 2002
Attractive and entertaining football. What I mean, the players with the most dribbling skills, moves and so on. Fancy players in other words. Players that play for fun, not money.

Not many Italians, but here are my nominees. I am sure I forgot one or two players. Feel Free to add.

Poalo Di Canio (West Ham Utd)
Roberto Baggio (Brescia)
Pirlo (Milan)
Zola (Chelsea)
Del Piero (Juventuz)
Totti (Roma) - besides the money with this guy

Who else can I add? Mancini, Signori? I can't really remember if they were the entertainers.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
K10

K10

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #2
    I would say out of the list above, Poalo Di Canio is the most entertaining.

JuventusFan

Jul 12, 2002
    Zola with no doubt, he's a legendary player. No one in the world can do what he can. Most of his goals are classics, not to forget his passes and dribbles.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
    Well DI canio played for Juventus once I distinctly remember. He got into a physical confrontation with Trap and got air-mailed to Celtic I think.

IMO Di Canio has managed to make the EPL interesting without dominating it. Like Baggio would if he would move to the EPL. And I think of that as something special. Hats off to Di Canio

OP
    K10

K10

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #6
    Juventusfan, no doubt Zola is a classic. I have seen much from this old guy, although recently, unlike Di Canio, I have not seen as much again. I still see flashes, but Di Canio, in practically nearly every much does something somewhat amazing I find.

Zola is old and still very entertaining. One of my fav players.

Remeber the goal of the year in England some years back?
    I can't remember who scored, I think an African player, perhaps Babayaro, not to sure. Well what was really impressing was the assist by Zola. He, from what I remembered, scooped the ball over the defence and the other player volleyed the ball or something into the goal. Pure brilliance.

If anyone has that goal, please attach. I would like to download it. ;)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Oh, I thought you meant the one Zola scored in a friendly game vs England a few years ago.. that one was niiice :)

OP
    K10

K10

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #11
    Wow Denco, that slipped my mind. What was I thinking.

Of Course Del Piero should be there. I am so sorry for leaving this guy out.

Cassano? Haven't seen him often enough to know. Is he the dribbling type?

Brighi, I thought about him, but wasn't too sure.

OP
    K10

K10

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #12
    Anyway, I don't think anyone shows their dribbling ability like Di Canio.

He tops my list.

I am not saying the others can't dribble as good, maybe they can, even better, but just don't show it as Di Canio.

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
    Aug 1, 2002
    u want entertaining???? there is no one but the king of entertainment himself: Inzaghi!! watching him play is much better than watching oscar winning actors on t.v. now thats entertainment

p.s: b4 u guys decide 2 delete my post i just want 2 say, yes i read the rules and no, this is not an insult 2 an "ex-juventini". u know what im talking about..........

OP
    K10

K10

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #14
    ++ [ originally posted by Stripper ] ++
    u want entertaining???? there is no one but the king of entertainment himself: Inzaghi!! watching him play is much better than watching oscar winning actors on t.v. now thats entertainment

p.s: b4 u guys decide 2 delete my post i just want 2 say, yes i read the rules and no, this is not an insult 2 an "ex-juventini". u know what im talking about..........
    Yeah, he's entertaining I would say. But for all the wrong reasons.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    inazghi?he's the opportunistic type and not one who creates and makes runs and all.......far from entertaining in the footballing aspect i would say.

JuventusFan

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by K10 ] ++
    Juventusfan, no doubt Zola is a classic. I have seen much from this old guy, although recently, unlike Di Canio, I have not seen as much again. I still see flashes, but Di Canio, in practically nearly every much does something somewhat amazing I find.

Zola is old and still very entertaining. One of my fav players.

Remeber the goal of the year in England some years back?
    I can't remember who scored, I think an African player, perhaps Babayaro, not to sure. Well what was really impressing was the assist by Zola. He, from what I remembered, scooped the ball over the defence and the other player volleyed the ball or something into the goal. Pure brilliance.

If anyone has that goal, please attach. I would like to download it. ;)
    True, Di Canio has kept his high level of football, Zola is slipping, but his falshes alone are enough to amaze me every time I see him play.

OP
    K10

K10

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #18
    Gascoigne? He's english

My list:

1) Di Canio
    2) Totti
    3) Baggio
    4) Totti
    5) Del Piero

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)