The Mod Thread ("because for some reason,you think we actually care") (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
The ignore function seems to not be working. Two members have put me on their list, yet somehow can still read my (non-quoted) posts
I'm a big fan of the ignore function. I've recently put @Osman on it and there is just so much less black anger in my life. Feels great. But I think it would be better if you didn't even get to see that the member in question posted. Another downside is that the member could be quoted and you could still see the post, but in @Osman's case that doesn't seem to happen as no one cares.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty disappointing to learn that the feathered serpent is just some dude named Matt.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I'm a big fan of the ignore function. I've recently put @Osman on it and there is just so much less black anger in my life. Feels great. But I think it would be better if you didn't even get to see that the member in question posted. Another downside is that the member could be quoted and you could still see the post, but in @Osman's case that doesn't seem to happen as no one cares.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty disappointing to learn that the feathered serpent is just some dude named Matt.
In my experience, those who say they put you on their ignore list still read your posts, quoted or not.

Also, why feel the need to announce that you're going to ignore someone? Why not just do it silently? Reminds me of the girls back in the day that used to tell me they're going to stop talking to me, but would always come running back.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
In my experience, those who say they put you on their ignore list still read your posts, quoted or not.

Also, why feel the need to announce that you're going to ignore someone? Why not just do it silently? Reminds me of the girls back in the day that used to tell me they're going to stop talking to me, but would always come running back.

Yeah, you still have to actively ignore them. Nothing much changes by putting them on the ignore list. For me it's more of a reminder that I've deemed them to be worthless posters and so I don't really read their posts anymore.

As for announcing it.. Well, I do it because I think it's the polite thing to do. Otherwise it's kind of like ghosting people.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

- - - Updated - - -

What about black love? :klin:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
What about black love? :klin:
Well, I don't really need it in my life, but you can go ahead.

Seriously though, the ignore function is just fine and actually really does improve the forum. But you do need to have some willpower and not just click on the post to still read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)