The Mod Thread ("because for some reason,you think we actually care") (15 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Some double standards here lately so I'm gonna move this here and I'm only interested in explanation.

I got warned for this post and I accept that. I went over the line there. But:

Why not giving him warning as well? This doesnt' seem right. Very similar situation occured few weeks ago, and the same guy went unpunished, after yet again instigating the fight. This is intolerable.
i didnt see his post, he got the infraction, also you, zoso, lion, b_aus, and zach are on 0 tolerance because of your history with the marotta shit, so like i said consider that your last warning, start any more gang wars and get straight banned

Buy on AliExpress.com

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
i didnt see his post, he got the infraction, also you, zoso, lion, b_aus, and zach are on 0 tolerance because of your history with the marotta shit, so like i said consider that your last warning, start any more gang wars and get straight banned
:tup: for at least making it look like the same set of rules apply for everyone.

The bold part is where the dispute arises and I'm really interested to know if owner of the site @Marty (if it's him?) approves straight ban only for selected members. The main issue is that this system can easily be manipulated, when in the wrong hands and rather uncertain how I made that list or other folks on it. Or how long will this probation period last? Yeah, we quarreled at times, but there will always be fights, feuds, quarrels, trolling around here and I checked occasionally general pulse of this place when on vacay; unsurprisingly it seems the same issues persisted, with different protagonists. Don't think you'll be able to eradicate this, but might make the place dull. Being a football forum, some sort of bantering will always be present, in one way or the other, eventhough insults should get sanctioned and there are infraction points that have been serving its purpose, since in a heat of the moment people can say ridiculous things and warnings/ infractions served exactly for the purpose of members to cool down. At least that's the way I understood it. Dynamics of the place seemed to encourage this particular behavior (bantering, trolling), but there is a thin line and it can be pretty vague at times what can get you banned. Now couple of us are even denied of this basic privilege. Calling someone a nerd or bastard can have a different context. Once I posted :andyandbarcelona: and got thread banned. Well...really weird place at times. That's it I guess. End of rant.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
There can't be any instance that praising a personnel of Juventus, team most of us are cheering for here, can get you straight ban. This would of course be absurd.

- - - Updated - - -

0 tolerance only applies to the pro anti marotta stuff.
You gave me last warning for a post that had nothing to do with pro/anti Marotta stuff (which is still absurd in its own way), but for something that is more like personal quarrel between certain member and me. Then there was a straight ban 4 weeks ago, also unrelated to Marotta and again the same member was involved, nothing to do with our GM. I'm utterly bewildered tbh. Not trying to get your job difficult btw, but you really got me there tbh.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Bro it is what it is. Just restraint yourself, was the same thing with me and the conte thread, a smiley or a short comment got me thread banned.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
There can't be any instance that praising a personnel of Juventus, team most of us are cheering for here, can get you straight ban. This would of course be absurd.

- - - Updated - - -

You gave me last warning for a post that had nothing to do with pro/anti Marotta stuff (which is still absurd in its own way), but for something that is more like personal quarrel between certain member and me. Then there was a straight ban 4 weeks ago, also unrelated to Marotta and again the same member was involved, nothing to do with our GM. I'm utterly bewildered tbh. Not trying to get your job difficult btw, but you really got me there tbh.
Don't be silly you know exactly what i mean

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Sometime a mod has to go heavy where keeping the bar at medium height just creates a limbo dance where everyone tries to see how low they can go and get away with it. The forums become less about discussion but more about grey-area offensive digs.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Sometime a mod has to go heavy where keeping the bar at medium height just creates a limbo dance where everyone tries to see how low they can go and get away with it. The forums become less about discussion but more about grey-area offensive digs.
Now I'm imagining the members of tuz dancing limbo. :lol:

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
That's a great decision on straight bans on certain members if they repeat their shit over and over again. For example RUS is banned multiple times for the same load of crap and he comes back and does the same, there's no point on giving him 3 infractions and having him moan and open threads about it everytime.

If u get banned for the same thing over and over again then straight bans are the way to go :tup: if u keep repeating them increase their ban time gradually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)