The meaning of life (1 Viewer)

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
ummm permission to be frank? ( pls dun get angry.... really saying my thoughts)

you'd be a hypocrit if you could say what you did in #96 and then cheat on her.

I mean... I read #96 and i feel that you're quite sincere. Then i read this post above and now i'm in dout.

question: Do you really want her? Or are you afraid to loose her? especially since you've been together for some time.

Get what i mean?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by vitoria_Ally ] ++
You know what my best friend always says?
Where is a will, there is a way.
Nothing more, nothing less man :)

This is true. But in a case like this it's a 2 way situation. It takes 2 to tango.

There are cases.... i partner tries so hard..... does exactly what you've said here.... but the other..... well.......

skiznigit

Sep 30, 2002
see the thing is. i really love that girl and i would do anything to be wit her. she has been gone only for a day now and im already going crazy. i mean i just feel sick to my stomach and i just want to cry. so yes i really want her.

im also really afraid to lose her. i dont think i will but she lives so far away now that u never know what might happen. before she left she promised me that she would never forget me and stuff. i mean i was the only guy she has ever been with.

and the reason im afraid that my feeling might change is b/c thats what happened to my friend. his gf moved and he just forgot about her and now he already likes some other chick.

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
u are u. your friend is your friend ;)

And if you don't want to be like him....... then don't.

This sounds really crappy, but..... the power is in you. (i sound like a power ranger :wallbang: )

It's under your control and no one elses.

Oh and dun wori abt missing her like crazy. It's natural and you'll lighten up more as time goes by :)

Ummmm try to be more light hearted.

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
alternatively you HAVE to last that long without her :)

And you CAN do this. You've lived many years of yourt life without her ..... so it not impossible.

skiznigit

Sep 30, 2002
it does help a lot. and it lets me see my situation from different perspectives.

some of you would just try to move on, others advise me to stay wit my sweetheart and some how work it out.

i really dont know what im gonna do yet, ill just have to talk to my gf and see what she thinks about it. but im gonna do my best to try to work it out cuz shes the love of my life.

skiznigit

Sep 30, 2002
just got off the phone wit my gf we only talked for like 5 min though cuz she had to go:down:. when ive heard her voice i just wanted to start cryin:sad:. i cant and i wont break up wit her, im gonna be wit her forever unless she breaks up wit me. i already made up my mind and im gonna stick to it. shes my sweetheart and thats all there is to it.

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
That's great (not the 5 mins but what u said aft that) :)

I know 2 couples who made it though a 1 yr + long distance thingy. Maybe you could borrow these ideas.

- 1 of them, a guy (because of huge time difference) made little vid's, digital pics and voice recordings of himself and sent them back hm to his gf.

( ok.... the vid's got her a little jealouse at 1st cos usually he took them usually with a bunch of friends... like parties and stuff. But she later got to learn that they are just that.... friends and she was glad that he was happy. And the voice recordings...... were his personal messages to her..... i'v e heard them and i tell you...... they are the sweetest things... OMG )

- My 2nd set of friends..... (this time the girl was studying in Australia and the guy was here, but was in the army) Well, being a student and since the time diff wasn't as huge, she opted not to call her guy...... instead they chatted lots on MSN. And wrote ..... i think a whole rain forest worth of letters to each other too.

These 2 friends of mine they are all back together now .... .... the 1st pair are engaged. The 2nd pair....... are still doing fine.

So hey. Now that you seam to have made your decision for sure. Go fot it dude!

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by skiznigit ] ++
yea! im just gonna keep in touch wit her as much as possible and hopefuly everything works out
Here comes the big brother in me....

Skiznigit,

You are what , 18 years old ???? You are WAY too young to take ANY girl seriously right now !!!

Its time to HAVE FUN, date as many girls as possible (use protection !!), and realize that you have MANY YEARS until you get serious and find the right girl !!!

There's college (many hot women !!), and then when you turn 21, you can go out and pickup chicks at the bars- so many women !!!!!

I was 28 when I got married, so you see, you have a lot of time left before you get serious......

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
i dont know how im gonna last that long wit out a gf close to me
You just want A gf? ;)

Hey mate she's your first gf right? Well then it's normal to feel like shit :D But time heals and there will be many more after her (and better ones). As vin said, just enjoy it otherwise you would regret it for the rest of your life when you grow older.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by skiznigit ] ++
yea! im just gonna keep in touch wit her as much as possible and hopefuly everything works out

Hey man. You are WAY too young to be driving yourself crazy right now.

If it's meant to be, it's meant to be.

I know that sounds awfully simple, but its the truth.

You're 18, pal. Have Fun. I'm not saying go around with every girl you come across, but if that's what you decide to do, then that's on you. If it comes to that, then maybe the relationship isn't as strong as you thought.

It sounds like you really love this girl, and that's great. Realize, though, that these are the best years of your life right now, and have as much fun as you can. I'm not talking just sexually, of course, but in general. I met my wife when i was 23 years old, but before that, I was like a kid in a candy store. And I had girlfriends at the time, but I realized that I also wanted to be young and have fun, too.

no one here is telling you to cheat on your girlfriend, because that's wrong on many angles. All we're saying (Vinman and Myself, two happily married men), is don't give up this time to be yourself and learn more about yourself as a person, because your girlfriend is thousands of miles away.

i wish you the best of luck, and I hope everything works out for you.

OP

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
  • Thread Starter #120
    i happen to agree. skiznigit what you CAN do is remain friends. not only will it be a lot easier than maintaining a long-distance thing, but it will also keep things open for the future.

my grandad told me to never get married until at least 30. and it makes sense.

for a while the thought of leaving my friends after HS really killed me, but i posted something in the hablos espagnol thread somewhere that really helped me deal with it. im not sure if it will help, but ill try and find it anyways

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)