The meaning of life (1 Viewer)

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by [LAC] ] ++
what is the meaning of life? why do you exist? how did you come about? why? what about mankind as a whole?

lets focus on philosophy not theology please

What's Theology? Like Theory?

if it is then sory dude... i think all i've got to say would be Theological.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Humans are to eager to believe in some ultimate goal, they want a meaning of life thats romantic, heroic even. But the truth is, there is absolutley no meaning of life. We are simply here to live, breed and die. nothing more nothing less.

€lke

Dec 22, 2002
Man Lac!!! :eek:

What a question! Actually I sometimes think about that, but aaaaaaaaaaahm it's sad but..... I dunno :undecide:

:down:

But I don't worry, I'm happy to be here! ;) :D
You only live once :)

NEDVED

Nov 16, 2003
there are things humans arent able to think of and understand, like the endless space, just think about how the space doesnt have a limit......

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++
@Sunshine: Theology is the study of God. :)
oh ok. Thanks :D

Then...

Life? It's a miraculous co-insidence. It was never meant to be. Just that the right things happen... right situation.. some trial and error.... and life come about...

I don't believe that we are here for any reason/meaning. We're here cos nature took this path. So all you're questions LAC to me they are redundant.

To me... Life has no meaning but it's precious. So.... just enjoy it while you have it and don't make it unpleasent for others.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
Is there a meaning of life? Do you mean a universal meaning of life, or what's important to everyone of us? Also, does animals also have a meaning of life? If not, why should we, the humans, be the one race on earth that has a underlying purpose with our stay here?
++ [ originally posted by Sunshine ] ++
To me... Life has no meaning but it's precious. So.... just enjoy it while you have it and don't make it unpleasent for others.
I agree with this.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
I believe we're all intertwined, connected. Therefor, we will never know why exactly we are on this earth but there is a strong reason for all of us.

Example: I was walking through town the other day and man was literally thrown out of hotel. Someone was shouting at him from behind the door that he was sacked and could forget about any positive references.

The man was sitting there, on the sidewalk in a pool of mud created by last night's rain when a woman, just coincidently passing by, walked over to him. She kneeled down, talked to him (I couldn't hear what she said) and helped him back up. Straightened his clothes a bit and took him to a lunchroom for a cup of coffee.

(...)

Now what if that woman hadn't kneeled down or had been somehow held up, not able to be in that place on that particular time. Would anyone have helped that man? Would he maybe have fallen deeper and deeper into depression, leading to him committing suicide? That would have certainly destroyed the lives of his loved ones, resulting in a chain reaction. Wouldn't you agree?

And THAT is the meaning of life. In my opinion at least.

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by tarmpropp ] ++
Also, does animals also have a meaning of life?
yes, they do. To breed. And if they were perfect at this..... there would only be 1 species on this earth. But because nature isn't perfect..... "mistakes" ocour.... new speies evlove....... ya ya... y'all know how this story goes.....

at the what do we have?

Us. :)

++ [ originally posted by AnnA ] ++
Good question... That I am asking myself every day!!!
Why I am here??? That doesn`t make any sense!!

i'd say...... dun waste your time..... if you were put here to do something..... you'd end up doing it unconciously in the end..... And if there's really no "meaning/reason" to life...... then you're wasting your time trying to think of 1 right now.....

So...... dun think so much.... do something you like/want to do... be happy...... whatever...... :D

I believe we're all intertwined, connected. Therefor, we will never know why exactly we are on this earth but there is a strong reason for all of us.
A strong reason for all of us? Some of em reasons seam so unexplanable.....

some people are cannibals....

some people cause war

some people are murderers

some people are dispicable cheaters

some people suffer so much in life and so much at the end of their lives by no fault of their own. Like babbies born with AIDS

some people by no effort of their own are rich beyond belief.

your story was nice. And it had a lovely short term ending... but what reason can the types of people i mentioned above be here for? :confused:

OP

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
  • Thread Starter #18
    thanks for the input people. i wanted to avoid theoloy because it would take the discussion off topic.

to everyone: within your opinions on the meaning of life, does existence have any purpose, or reason?

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Sunshine ] ++
    A strong reason for all of us? Some of em reasons seam so unexplanable.....

some people are cannibals....

some people cause war

some people are murderers

some people are dispicable cheaters

some people suffer so much in life and so much at the end of their lives by no fault of their own. Like babbies born with AIDS

some people by no effort of their own are rich beyond belief.

your story was nice. And it had a lovely short term ending... but what reason can the types of people i mentioned above be here for? :confused:
    ++ [ originally posted by Matto ] ++
    I would require exceptional intelligence to answer your question so I'm afraid I'll have to leave you with that query still open..!

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    There is absolutley no higher meaning to life. We are just animals, and our meaning is to breed. Why would we be any different from animals, just because we're more evolved? Who says that in a few million years we wont be inferior to a new species?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)