The Matrix Reloaded (2 Viewers)

OP
vitoria_Ally

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #23
    ++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++
    Saw a press screening this morning.

Thought it was crap... unbeleivably weak story, wooden acting from all but fishburne.
    Effects were nothing special , far too much cgi and very very obvious cgi at that.

perfetic ending!

poor, poor ,poor..... dissapointed!
    Olala, that sounds badly :D
    But anyway I still didn't become discouraged :angel:

OP
    vitoria_Ally

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #24
    ++ [ originally posted by -S- ] ++
    Heh, I was never quite a fan of the first Matrix either....but it's just that there's Keanu Reeves, so.....:redface:

-S-
    ... so that's good enough reason to watch Martix :D
    However I prefer Trinity there :thumb:

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Ally ] ++

Olala, that sounds badly :D
    But anyway I still didn't become discouraged :angel:
    Good i dont want to discourage anyone from seeing it.
    I personally thought it was poor.

If you want a purely visual film you will probably love it, but thats not enough for me, and I am probably more critical (and possibly notice more) of poor cgi than most and also the overuse of cgi.

This is basically one overblown cgi scene after another.

But having said that .... as a leave your brain at home visual experience it aint half bad..... but not enough for me.

I like a story and people that can act... plus of course good , not overused cgi.

OP
    vitoria_Ally

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #27
    I agree with you about a story in movie and actors :)
    No doubts.

cgi? Sounds... unfamiliar (?) for me... :undecide:
    I sense it can be all about special effects in a movie.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    i watched it last night :D

i think it was pretty good, kinda confusing as the first, but they are different!

I think it loses the wierdness of the first one because we already know what the Matrix is, but the best part of this movie "Reloaded" is that the story is a lot deeper. more characters and it gets really confusing.

i think i need to watch it a second time to understand it 95% (now, i think i understand about 85%)

If you're a Matrix fan, :doh: of course you're gonna like it.
    If you like the special effects of the First, go watch it "reloaded" because the effects are better here.

:thumb: :thumb:

OP
    vitoria_Ally

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #30
    Happy you, I'm so jealous now! :D

Thanks for your review :)

I'm sure I will have to watch it twice to get all story, I had to watch it twice to get whole story in first Matrix.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    if you think the first was worth the cash, then the second will be worth it too.

If not, than i dont recommend seeing it because:
    1. you won't understand it was well (because you didn't care much for the first and the 2 movies are too closely related)
    2. even though the 2nd is differenet, it still has the same wierd Sci-Fi concepts.

but i think you would really like the concepts and wierd ideas in the movie (the Matrix program is more complex than you think, with good and bad machine elements in it...)

One note: do not want the 2nd if you didn't understand or see the first. it will be impossible to comprihend.

SupJuve

Jul 12, 2002
    i'm gonna see it tomorrow. the first movie was excellent. i watched ten times or something like that :D i know i will be very much satisfied with action scenes but i hope they keep on that philosophy talking like in the first part. i don't want to see just fighting. i've heard it has some suprises. what has been told in the first part isn't compeletely true.

SupJuve

Jul 12, 2002
    finally i saw it. to summarize;
    -fight scenes suck. in fact, they're ok but the tracks used with the fights suck, they don't harmonise.
    -excellent plot, deeper and much deeper than the first one and very much suprising.
    -excellent highway scene, unforgettable.

if we took off highway scene i would not name it as an action movie. many people can get bored if they don't like the general matrix plot.

my ratings,
    the matrix: 10/10
    reloaded:9/10

hoshi

Sep 2, 2002
    I really enjoyed it. Saw it twice to make sure I got what they were saying, plot-wise (it all got a little too confusing for me the first time, I guess I wasn't paying as much attention as I thought). I was a little apprehensive after the first 5 minutes - how very clunky was the dialogue from Moss and Reeves (Reeves especially, he's never been a good dialogue actor) - but I got into it and really liked it. I quite enjoyed the sideways nod towards Terminator 2 in the highway scene :) And often the humour was genuinely laugh-out-loud funny. (Having ripped on Keanu Reeves for being dodgy with dialogue, one of my favourite moments - although I found it funnier than Anthony did - was in the bathroom at the Restaurant: "...All right.")

Maybe I'm easily won, but I thought it was a really good movie. And plus, Trinity's room with all the candles etc was pretty funky.

As an aside, I thought that when they woke Neo up in the first one and got him up onto the Nebuchadnezzar, they took out all the plugs in his back/chest/etc. I was pretty sure all they left were one in his arm, and the main one in the back of his head. So why does he have them all again? I could be wrong, but if I'm not.... whassupwitdat?

hoshi

Sep 2, 2002
    Eh, looks like I was wrong about that bit. They do something to those plugs but it's not removal.

So disregard the latter half of that message :)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    Well, some years ago i enjoyed the matrix, i saw it twice and discussed with my friends to understand clearly all the plot.

I really loved that plot, the war againstthe machines and so on,, abd after seen some episodes of "animatrix" im more enthusiastmic.

This time i know the effects will be better, but with no surprise because we know all that things of "bullet time" that were extremely abused by the movies after "matrix".

Respecting the reviews of everyone here, ill see that movie because i want to know what will happen next, and because i know that ill like it no matter what.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)