May 20, 2003
it will never pass for me
cuz this movie is a dream to me
u will never believe it if i say i ws thinking
about that movie whole of my life...

its just like some one got into my head
and done exactly what i want...

when i first saw the movie , i couldn't close my mouth

cuz this movie is me , everything which i ever wanted in my live..

by the way , i was going to study directing
but for some reasons i couldn't:down:

cinema is my dream which i can't get
:down::down:

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
very interesting... so many LOTR fans here...

it is a great movie.. I've read the books before watching the movies, I thought they will not come close to the books..but, they were close enough... this man tolkein is unbelievable.. most of you guys haven't read the books yet, but what did u see in the two movies is just a tiny little period of all the pseudo-history that Tolkein created.. 4 ages or centuries were created by his imagination.. imagine that.. :eek:

anyway I'm a big fan of Tolkein's work... I wish they make a movie about the beginning of the middle-earth, the valar and they come to mention Melkor (an older and more dangerous version of Souron)..

My favourite character is Gandalf...

BTW, anybody know what or who is Gandalf..?

Ferrari^M

Sep 3, 2002
Human i pressume?

I'll certainly read the books in the future a friend of mine read no 1 and has told me about all the things that they left behind and things that were changed, they had to of course to make it a movie.

Perhaps the damn greatest movie in the world.

I don't want only 3... snif

Gandalf is my favourite too. That phase where in 2 where he opens his umm coat should i say it and you can see the White wizard, class

The actor that plays him is excellent. It's magneto from X-Men.

And Liv Tyler. What a beauty. She is stunning.

carry on... :D

OP
Lilianna

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
  • Thread Starter #111
    i don't like l.tyler..... :yuck:

she is veeery ugly!

btw,
    i'm glad guys you like lotr!!

i am not soo passionate about it,
    but i still like it a lot!

OP
    Lilianna

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
  • Thread Starter #113
    i did too!!

even though some of them are deeply sad for me coming back,
    i hope the others at least don't bother me being here !!

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
    Did anybody see the Extended DVD edition of the LOTR, FOTR & TTT..?

its awesome.. Peter Jackson has added 30 more minutes on both movies.. if u r really a LOTR fan, you should see them.. :thumb:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Tolkien fans suffering again

Norway's renowned Tolkien fanatics are already camping out in the gathering winter cold and gloom. This time the occasion is the premiere of the final part of the Lord of the Rings trilogy, Return of the King. Ticket sales for the Dec. 17 premiere go on sale Oct. 27, and enthusiasts have already started their three-week vigil for the best seats on opening night.

"Yeah, it will be a few nights. This is the fifth queue I've slept in so I'm starting to get training. I started with Star Wars in 1999, and we have to lie here longer and longer every time," said Kristian Grennes, second man in line.

On Tuesday evening he was settling in for the first of 20 nights outside the Colosseum Cinema with seven kindred souls. The space leading to the ticket booth will be home until sales for the film start.

Grennes only had to wait two weeks last year, and doesn't see any other option.

"We have to do it. It is necessary to get the best seats and we get a roof over our heads when we lie under the cinema entrance," Grennes said.

Grennes has gotten time off from work to indulge his passion, and will live off his savings until the tickets are in his hands.

"We've got a little stove with us and we are going to buy in some cheap canned food. I just home we get some electricity here during the day.

The cinema has offered them a few benefits, including some electricity and a few free tickets. About 700 fans of the Lord of the Ring films made international headlines when they formed a Hobbit village during their wait for the first film, but the film distributor has not been willing to repeat that ambitious experiment.

Now, their plans for the next three weeks are clear.

"Keep an orderly queue, talk to passersby and role-playing games. Otherwise we'll sit here and make chain mail and polish our swords," Grennes said.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
    Tolkien fans suffering again

Norway's renowned Tolkien fanatics are already camping out in the gathering winter cold and gloom. This time the occasion is the premiere of the final part of the Lord of the Rings trilogy, Return of the King. Ticket sales for the Dec. 17 premiere go on sale Oct. 27, and enthusiasts have already started their three-week vigil for the best seats on opening night.

"Yeah, it will be a few nights. This is the fifth queue I've slept in so I'm starting to get training. I started with Star Wars in 1999, and we have to lie here longer and longer every time," said Kristian Grennes, second man in line.

On Tuesday evening he was settling in for the first of 20 nights outside the Colosseum Cinema with seven kindred souls. The space leading to the ticket booth will be home until sales for the film start.

Grennes only had to wait two weeks last year, and doesn't see any other option.

"We have to do it. It is necessary to get the best seats and we get a roof over our heads when we lie under the cinema entrance," Grennes said.

Grennes has gotten time off from work to indulge his passion, and will live off his savings until the tickets are in his hands.

"We've got a little stove with us and we are going to buy in some cheap canned food. I just home we get some electricity here during the day.

The cinema has offered them a few benefits, including some electricity and a few free tickets. About 700 fans of the Lord of the Ring films made international headlines when they formed a Hobbit village during their wait for the first film, but the film distributor has not been willing to repeat that ambitious experiment.

Now, their plans for the next three weeks are clear.

"Keep an orderly queue, talk to passersby and role-playing games. Otherwise we'll sit here and make chain mail and polish our swords," Grennes said.
    This dudes are totally insanes. NO way ill become a hobbit myself and play as gandalf for 4 weeks to get a cinema ticket!!.

OK, i want to see the ilm too, but this is crazy!. Just imagine it :eek:

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    Yeah, it's stupid. I'll just wait a few days and go then, or I'll tap a mate who works in a cinema for some tickets.

Might even try to get a couple of tickets to a press screening.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)