The latest from Ajax's youth academy. In efficiency; this striker beats Zlatan! (1 Viewer)

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++
OMG! I am not English at all! I am born in Rome, bred in the UK

[UK doesnt equal England, god I am sick of saying that]

geez, sorry. you're from the uk, manchester as far as remember. naturally i assumec you english. sorry. :undecide:

OP
Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #44
    You're gonna have to do better than that if you wanna get under my skin Fli :D

It doesnt...? I used to think it did....:eek: :confused:
    No, "Holland" is a province inside the Netherlands. People started calling The Netherlands simply Holland because Holland is the most important province with the three major cities (so it's the same situation as England and the UK).

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
    You're gonna have to do better than that if you wanna get under my skin Fli :D

No, "Holland" is a province inside the Netherlands. People started calling The Netherlands simply Holland because Holland is the most important province with the three major cities (so it's the same situation as England and the UK).
    Thats, quite a big mistake by me...oops. I guess I'll change it now, so it is the Netherlands! I didnt realise that, I was just guess it was just called Netherlands in Holland, and the otehr way around outside it.

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #50
    No I don't actually. Did you know Australia used to be called "New Holland" btw? That was before the Dutch left again because of this log entry by the captain of the fleet who discovered it:

"We have arrived at new lands with inhuman weather and no water to be found for miles. We found mammals that fly and birds that run. I can draw no other conclusion than that we have reached the end of the world and I ordered the fleet to return to Java immediately.

:howler:

Thats, quite a big mistake by me...oops. I guess I'll change it now, so it is the Netherlands! I didnt realise that, I was just guess it was just called Netherlands in Holland, and the otehr way around outside it.
    Oh that's alright - I really don't care. I even have a shirt with "HOLLAND" on it though I'm from Zeeland myself :D

++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
    i'll take my time. just got back from 12 hours of sleep, not very bright yet.
    You do that.

So, how's life in Latvia? :D

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
    "We have arrived at new lands with inhuman weather and no water to be found for miles. We found mammals that fly and birds that run. I can draw no other conclusion than that we have reached the end of the world and I ordered the fleet to return to Java immediately.

:howler:
    :rofl:

Actually I know a fair bit about Dutch explorers from primary school history :)

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #54
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
    :rofl:

Actually I know a fair bit about Dutch explorers from primary school history :)
    You do? You must have such a low impression of NL then :down:

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #56
    It's just incredibly sad that in the 17th century (when NL was the world's only superpower, go figure) we took advantage of that by playing the world around. I mean, it makes me feel ashamed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)