The Last Samurai (1 Viewer)

Co0l-GiRl

Mar 22, 2003
This is a Report About the Great Movie for My FAVOURITE Actor Tom Cruise

The Story

Captain Nathan Algren (TOM CRUISE) is a man adrift. The battles he once fought now seem distant and futile. Once he risked his life for honor and country, but, in the years since the Civil War, the world has changed. Pragmatism has replaced courage, self-interest has taken the place of sacrifice and honor is nowhere to be found - especially out West where his role in the Indian Campaigns ended in disillusionment and sorrow.

Somewhere on the unforgiving plains near the banks of the Washita River, Algren lost his soul.

A universe away, another soldier sees his way of life about to disintegrate. He is Katsumoto (KEN WATANABE), the last leader of an ancient line of warriors, the venerated Samurai, who dedicated their lives to serving emperor and country. Just as the modern way encroached upon the American West, cornering and condemning the Native American, it also engulfed traditional Japan. The telegraph lines and railroads that brought progress now threaten those values and codes by which the Samurai have lived and died for centuries.

But Katsumoto will not go without a fight.

The paths of these two warriors converge when the young Emperor of Japan, wooed by American interests who covet the growing Japanese market, hires Algren to train Japan's first modern, conscript army. But as the Emperor's advisors attempt to eradicate the Samurai in preparation for a more Westernized and trade-friendly government, Algren finds himself unexpectedly impressed and influenced by his encounters with the Samurai. Their powerful convictions remind him of the man he once was.

Thrust now into harsh and unfamiliar territory, with his life and perhaps more important, his soul, in the balance, the troubled American soldier finds himself at the center of a violent and epic struggle between two eras and two worlds, with only his sense of honor to guide him.

The Cast

Tom Cruise As Nathan Algren

Ken Watanabe As Katsumoto

Hiroyuki Sanada As Ujio

Koyuki As Taka

This is some of the Movie Stills

wish U find it enjoyable :angel:

Buy on AliExpress.com

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Movie of the year imo. Tom rules! I think Tom Cruise, has the coolest list of movies to his name, more than ne other actor in Hollywood or even Bollywood for that matter.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
Yes, it was a quality film. Some minor details bugged, like Tom Cruise learning Japanese way too fast, but it was probably neccessary for the film to work.

Enjoyed my self, and my girlfriend cried on three separate occasions during it. Good times had by all.

Ferrari^M

Sep 3, 2002
Very good movie saw it yesterday.

I don't understand why the oscar people didn't put it as a runner for best movie.

IMO the second best movie of 2003, after LOTR :)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I liked it. My favourite character was the officer who told the soliders to stop shooting the machine guns and he knelt down :touched:

Sid

Nov 10, 2003
its kinda sad Katsumoto died but Nathan Algren didnt....but their war strategy is kinda cool:cool:, the whole story is kinda nasty and vicious...I like it, I give 4 out of 5

beside....the japanese girl is kinda cute....:D

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
I liked it. My favourite character was the officer who told the soliders to stop shooting the machine guns and he knelt down :touched:
my favourite character is bob:D

didn't really like the ending though...

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++
Although i still think Cruise shudve died in the end. Just like a Samurai.
what made you think he didnt die?
didnt the narrater say that "some say he died "

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)