The Ireland Sucks Thread (1 Viewer)

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
i was surprised by this result , this is maybe the first win for cyprus against any team in a 100 years

mcrae

Jun 3, 2004
Actually they beated Spain after the 98 W.C. i think...for some reason most people consider Cyprus to be as strong as Luxembourg or San Marino ..all of their players are proffesionals,most of them play at the greek league and their two strikers have plenty of champions league experience,that Konstantinou guy especially is really good..i doubt if Ireland has better strikers than him...Well a humiliation for Ireland but good news for me as i betted a few Euros on Cyprus victory and the odds were 7.00...:weee:

Omair

Herticity
Sep 27, 2006
HEH ... sorry for that loss ... I pretty liked the Irish IN WC02 despise they beat us 3-0 :D:D ...

So bad for their standing :) ...hope they be better ..

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
these are dark days stan has not got a clue.

carsley should be CM shane long of reading and paddy mccarthy of leicester even stepphrn mcphail and wilo flood should be in the squad.

possibly an eircom league 11 would havegave cyprus a better game

henderson should replace kenny in goal.

john o shea should be shot!!

the fai john delaney 4 year plans etc should never be mentioned, it time for the fai tosplash the cash attract a decent manager and play some away friendlys to prepare for competitive away matches bloody muppets

OP
mikhail

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #52
    Thank you all for signing.

Eire said:
    these are dark days
    See my new country flag. It'll stay that way until Staunton is fired. Preferably out of a cannon.

stan has not got a clue.
    I can't quite bring myslef to hate him - he's just a sap who should never have been given the job. He has no management experience, and why Aldridge (who wanted the job) wasn't interviewed is beyond me. Delaney is an imbecile. He actually claimed that he was too busy with paperwork to interview him.

carsley should be CM shane long of reading and paddy mccarthy of leicester even stepphrn mcphail and wilo flood should be in the squad.
    Arguably, yes to all, but I think the players there are a reasonable squad. The problem was that they've been put on the pitch with a bad plan. Or no plan. It wasn't clear which.

possibly an eircom league 11 would havegave cyprus a better game
    Derry or Cork might take them. Maybe Shels. Cork actually comfortably beat the best team on the island recently, so I wouldn't put it beyond them. Speaking of Derry, Stephen Kenny, their manager, should be considered if Staunton does the honourable thing (or gets lynched).

henderson should replace kenny in goal.
    I dunno. Henderson is playing league 1 football. Badly. I think that there are a couple of keepers in the Eircom League who are worth a look - Ryan at St Pats, Devine at Cork, Quigley at UCD. We're disturbingly short after Given in the goalkeeping department.

john o shea should be shot!!
    Repeatedly. In the head.

the fai john delaney 4 year plans etc should never be mentioned, it time for the fai tosplash the cash attract a decent manager and play some away friendlys to prepare for competitive away matches bloody muppets
    May I again mention my sincere dislike of Delaney. He's a back-stabbing, self-serving gombeen.

We don't need to splash the cash. Staunton and Robson are on a combined 600k. That could surely bring in a decent manager. Just please, please, someone with some actual management experience.

OP
    mikhail

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #54
    Cronios said:
    And i was wondering why mikhail changed his flag...
    It's staying that way until Staunton is fired. I don't care if he winds up emulating McCarthy by becoming the longest serving international manager in Europe, it stays.

Ahmed

Principino
    Sep 3, 2006
    Poor Staunton...I think he has a lot of injured players as well though...It seems like a new trend in Intl. football....every1 is hiring inexperienced young managers....they think if Klinsmann can do it then so can they

Donadoni, Staunton, Sanchez, Van Basten, Klinsmann...only the lasy guy had any success

OP
    mikhail

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #57
    I thought about opening a new thread for this, but then I figured, hey, I've already been harping on about this theme a bit, so why not merge the threads and add this here. So here we are.

Ireland nearly, nearly drew with a mountain-top yesterday. In the 5th minute of four minutes of injury time, we scrounged a winner against San Marino. The mighty San Marino who've only scored two competitive goals in the last 10 years (including last night's) and set a new record when they lost 13-0 to Germany recently.

Our manager is a totally inexperienced tit. He said, "San Marino were always going to improve as the group went on" - this about a team who have conceded 25 goals in their first three qualifying matches. He claimed that we play better in March, and that it was a gamble playing this game now.

To recap, in his seven games as manager, Steve Staunton, our record caps holder who has no coaching experience but was still appointed manager with a four year contract, has managed the following embarrassments:
    • Ireland 0-4 Netherlands
    • Cyprus 5-3 Ireland
    • San Marino 1-2 Ireland

It's times like this that just make you want to yell.

I want my NT manager fired, and someone, something competent, like a small child, put in his place. I want the FAI chairman, John Delaney, who recently extended his own contract by 6 years, making himself effectively unsackable, to go. At this stage, I'll accept that a contract killing is justified. ARGHHH.

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    oh and on the plus side john all the young scots kids who grew up in scotland, with scottish parents, but went to dublin once or twice to see their grandad when they weere kids are all lining up to play for ireland ahead of scotland....oh wait a minute, we are shit too, we are just giving up the best of a bad buch

OP
    mikhail

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #60
    cheer up john. you could be living in -9 weather which "feels like -18.4"
    It's bloody snowing here.

oh and on the plus side john all the young scots kids who grew up in scotland, with scottish parents, but went to dublin once or twice to see their grandad when they weere kids are all lining up to play for ireland ahead of scotland....oh wait a minute, we are shit too, we are just giving up the best of a bad buch
    I know, that sucks too, but I expect that'll stop soon - our FIFA ranking is going to drop like a stone before long.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)