The image and the economical situation of Juve (1 Viewer)

jussiut

Feb 22, 2005
I know there are multiple threads about the recent scandal in this forum but I haven't seen discussion from this point of view.

The image of Juventus, as tainted as it was before, is even more in the mud than ever before. All the Finnish newspapers have headlines which paint Juve as a cheater and a real mafia team and I'm sure it's the same with other countries as well. Even if we were to be announced innocent the image has been damaged for many years to come. People don't need proof, they see the headlines and that is all that's needed. We were hated before but now even the football illiterate will recognize us as "the cheater team".

The economical side of things is also concerning. Juve could lose the shirt deal made with Tamoil and the TV deal if demoted to Serie B or lower. The other big sponsors would disappear too becaue of bad publicity. Juve's stock is falling. Even Fiat could reconsider the involvement with Juve because they have their own set of problems. There can be a real economical mess ahead of us.

I'll never be ashamed of supporting Juve but the consequences of this scandal could prove to be very, very dramatic.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Donsazio

Feb 26, 2006
jussiut said:
I know there are multiple threads about the recent scandal in this forum but I haven't seen discussion from this point of view.

The image of Juventus, as tainted as it was before, is even more in the mud than ever before. All the Finnish newspapers have headlines which paint Juve as a cheater and a real mafia team and I'm sure it's the same with other countries as well. Even if we were to be announced innocent the image has been damaged for many years to come. People don't need proof, they see the headlines and that is all that's needed. We were hated before but now even the football illiterate will recognize us as "the cheater team".

The economical side of things is also concerning. Juve could lose the shirt deal made with Tamoil and the TV deal if demoted to Serie B or lower. The other big sponsors would disappear too becaue of bad publicity. Juve's stock is falling. Even Fiat could reconsider the involvement with Juve because they have their own set of problems. There can be a real economical mess ahead of us.

I'll never be ashamed of supporting Juve but the consequences of this scandal could prove to be very, very dramatic.
mate ur absolutely right!! but wat can we do? course we're the most hated and luved club in italy, let them say wat they want about us, it doesnt matter, people hate chelski coz of the money they ave, but infact they envy them, we ill return to the clean club we once were...(if we were..?) we need faith!!!!

May 4, 2004
Donsazio said:
mate ur absolutely right!! but wat can we do? course we're the most hated and luved club in italy, let them say wat they want about us, it doesnt matter, people hate chelski coz of the money they ave, but infact they envy them, we ill return to the clean club we once were...(if we were..?) we need faith!!!!

Thats right.. Just have faith in your team..

and just say like i do, I dont give a shit what others might think about my Juve..

Forza Juventus 4 ever.. No matter what!!!!

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I think for some people on the fence about us, this hurts us. But for a lot of people, I think these rumors and scandalous accusations are made in the image of the people who have always believed the worst about us. It's as if they found a few key pieces of information to help validate their longstanding bianconeri menace theories that have persisted for decades. And there was nothing we could or couldn't do to appease these folks anyway.

Donsazio

Feb 26, 2006
swag said:
I think for some people on the fence about us, this hurts us. But for a lot of people, I think these rumors and scandalous accusations are made in the image of the people who have always believed the worst about us. It's as if they found a few key pieces of information to help validate their longstanding bianconeri menace theories that have persisted for decades. And there was nothing we could or couldn't do to appease these folks anyway.
exactly, like we're the only big club to ave done shit, bet all the big clubs like united, barca MUST!! ave sumfin to hide:( :(

Shixian

Sep 4, 2005
yes..the stupid sports (gossip) newspaper of spore just put the headlines as: "SHAME ON YOU JUVENTUS!"

with the CAPS..it is ridiculous..they don't even have all the proof and they start to accuse and taint Juve like that already..im freaking pissed...

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I gotta ask... what do you guys think would happen to all our sponsorship deals etc if we were to get relegated? Would Nike cut us off? Would we lose our huge TV contract?

DelPierino

Apr 27, 2006
sH][x][aN said:
yes..the stupid sports (gossip) newspaper of spore just put the headlines as: "SHAME ON YOU JUVENTUS!"

with the CAPS..it is ridiculous..they don't even have all the proof and they start to accuse and taint Juve like that already..im freaking pissed...
Yeah and why the fuck isn´t gonna balme anyone Lazio or Firenze?

The only thing these days is tlked about is Juve here and Juve there and Juve everywhere.

That´s not right. And Milan is also involved too.

But that doesn´t interest the others. I would be happy if everyone where coment on the sport subject and not about these fucking things.

Hello we won the scudetto!!!!!!!!!:disagree:

But that´s not interessting enough for the press. Fucking Press.:tdown:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
gray said:
I gotta ask... what do you guys think would happen to all our sponsorship deals etc if we were to get relegated? Would Nike cut us off? Would we lose our huge TV contract?
Kappa jerseys come back?! :toast:

Sep 28, 2002
gray said:
not sure about nike but im certain the tv deal would be off.

there are two ways of looking at nike. i know most fans hate them, and rightfully so, but then again, losing nike would mean losing money. both from merchandising and directly from nike. so im not decided on this one

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
gray said:
It depends on the contracts I guess, whatever is signed, the rules etc.. if Serie A is mentioned, then It will probably Canceled.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
well, even when we dont like nike too much....if it is for the sake of the club, then we need to retain that deal :s

Shixian

Sep 4, 2005
the nike sponsors will be cut to 50%..

but for others we have to see what is stated in the contract if there is a relegation clause..we might have to pay them back a few millions..

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
sH][x][aN said:

What do u expect? Singapore is ranked 140 or 143 out of 167 for press freedom

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
I understand your love and passion for Juventus, I share the same sentiment.

But I can not deny the fact that I might have to re-evaluate my support for this club if it is indeed proven the the officials of Juve consented to these sporting fraud through the acts of its directors such as Moggi and Co.

Don't call me a traitor, but if it is proven that the "greater" Juventus officials were well aware of the wrong doings that were happening, and that they allowed it to happen, I would have to say that not only did they cheat Italy or the sporting world, they also cheated their very own fans.

Here we are thinking that our team is the best out there, even fighting against other people, and we could go for days debating how Juventus is the best. I am guilty of this, you see. But if proven guilty, what facts have we been basing our love, passion, and support for a club which has been a part of our lives.

This is something I'd hate to think about, I hope I won't have to though. I hope somehow, we really didn't do it.

Juventus has been part of my life, dont make it all a big lie.

Shixian

Sep 4, 2005
ZhiXin said:
What do u expect? Singapore is ranked 140 or 143 out of 167 for press freedom
for that kind of news, it means that they are free to write anything. they are just being unreasonable to state all that..it is so one-sided..

useless Newpaper..they even post news that are evidently cut and paste from the internet such as soccernet, etc.. that's why i dun respect their useless opinions..

Shixian

Sep 4, 2005
Primo said:
I understand your love and passion for Juventus, I share the same sentiment.

But I can not deny the fact that I might have to re-evaluate my support for this club if it is indeed proven the the officials of Juve consented to these sporting fraud through the acts of its directors such as Moggi and Co.

Don't call me a traitor, but if it is proven that the "greater" Juventus officials were well aware of the wrong doings that were happening, and that they allowed it to happen, I would have to say that not only did they cheat Italy or the sporting world, they also cheated their very own fans.

Here we are thinking that our team is the best out there, even fighting against other people, and we could go for days debating how Juventus is the best. I am guilty of this, you see. But if proven guilty, what facts have we been basing our love, passion, and support for a club which has been a part of our lives.

This is something I'd hate to think about, I hope I won't have to though. I hope somehow, we really didn't do it.

Juventus has been part of my life, dont make it all a big lie.

i just do not believe in any of the allegations unless it is proven so, judged and decided in court..there will still be reasonable doubt as to the contents and details of the transcript and the source of it..

anyway, back to the topic..check this out:

Juve shares dive as official faces prosecutors

Juve's financial aspect is definitely very affected..:moan:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)