The ideal end for a transfer campaign. (2 Viewers)

arc

Mar 11, 2004
have we all forgotten chellini, why cant we push zambrotta to the right and give this new guy a chance, instead, spare our cash on a creative midfielder and some decent sub then we are done

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
I think that'll work good, if we can put Zambo on right wing. But I think getting Pires would also be good.

I haven't seen Zaccardo enough this season to see whether he is good or not but Oddo seems to be a good enough player to rotate with Zebina.

Jul 2, 2005
i rekon if miccoli's gonna leave we could push him towards palermo for cash plus an option on zaccardo for a years time, zambro to move right back and chiellini to come in at left otr if we must thuram at RB and fo me bring in bonera or chivu ( i know this chivu thing is a dream) obviosly need morew money but the sale of trez could fund that allowing ust to get a creative mid like rosicky

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by archaon ] ++
have we all forgotten chellini, why cant we push zambrotta to the right and give this new guy a chance, instead, spare our cash on a creative midfielder and some decent sub then we are done
TBH we r already going to be done, it's up to Capello if he wants a defensive right-back or putting Zambro at right back position.
Getting Pires would also be good since he can be a good backup.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by peteyjuventini ] ++
i rekon if miccoli's gonna leave we could push him towards palermo for cash plus an option on zaccardo for a years time, zambro to move right back and chiellini to come in at left otr if we must thuram at RB and fo me bring in bonera or chivu ( i know this chivu thing is a dream) obviosly need morew money but the sale of trez could fund that allowing ust to get a creative mid like rosicky
While we r at it, grab Barzagli as well :cool:

BTW what does everybody think about Seitaridis? I need to know more abt him.

Jul 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
Seitardis has performed well whenever I've seen him but hasn't been tested on the highest level for an extended period of time.
Dont forget he was sold by porto for 10million to a russian team.

Sep 28, 2002
why in the blue hell we need a right back? zebina was quite solid last year, and biri is more than capable backup. in fact, i think he is better than all of the three mentioned, except for maybe mancini which i dont even consider to be a right back, but a winger.

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #150
    ++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
    why in the blue hell we need a right back? zebina was quite solid last year, and biri is more than capable backup. in fact, i think he is better than all of the three mentioned, except for maybe mancini which i dont even consider to be a right back, but a winger.
    Thus taking Camoranesi's role, which is stupidity. Moreover, Pessotto can also be a backup for Zebina.

Jul 28, 2002
    well i step into blu hell, imo zebina isnt good enough...he may be solid genrqally but his critical lapses in concetration cost us dearly. And he has a history of doing it.

Id honestly prefer it if rambo played right back and chillini played left back.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
    Full agree here...

But wait a second. We talked about this just few moments back, and you said pretty much like 'I don't see Zebina being capable enough for being a ballboy for Juventus, not to mention a player'?! What changed your mind mate?

edit: This one right here:

well this useless member here thinks that zebina isnt good enough to be a ball boy let alone wear the glorious bianconero.

Lippi.am

Feb 18, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by ZhiXin ] ++

While we r at it, grab Barzagli as well :cool:

BTW what does everybody think about Seitaridis? I need to know more abt him.
    Seitaridis signed for Dynamo Moscow about a month ago.
    Recently he played 2-3 games, but hadn't impressed at all.
    Dynamo is owned by a Russian billionaire Alexey Fedorychev, who had already spent about 100m for new players, such as Costinha, Maniche, Seitaridis, Enakarhire, Derlei... He pays unbelievable wages to convince high-rated players to come to Russia. However Dynamo don't play well. They are on the 7th position in Russian Premier League.
    It'll be impossible to buy Seitaridis from Dynamo IMO

Sep 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Erkka ] ++

Full agree here...

But wait a second. We talked about this just few moments back, and you said pretty much like 'I don't see Zebina being capable enough for being a ballboy for Juventus, not to mention a player'?! What changed your mind mate?

edit: This one right here:
    ok, got me there.

here're my thoughts. i still hate zebina with passion, though he was much more solid than i expected him to be last season. and its pretty clear that zebina isnt going and capello will play him therefore i really dont see any sense in getting a new right back, cause basicly we have three of them. maybe even 4 if zambrotta would be played on the right side. i'd love to see zebina going, but lets be honest, thats not happening.

and i think i said that not a few moments ago, rather couple of months ago ;)

edit: and when i said that he isnt worthy to be a ballboy i didnt have his playing abilities in mind, juve always had loads of mediocre players imo, which is exactly what zebina is. i just happened to think he's a cunt and therefore he shouln't be a juventino. still do...

Jun 29, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
    well i step into blu hell, imo zebina isnt good enough...he may be solid genrqally but his critical lapses in concetration cost us dearly. And he has a history of doing it.

Id honestly prefer it if rambo played right back and chillini played left back.
    I don't think we should move rambo to the right flank.I think his best position is in the left. He really rules there!! We shouldn't move him just because chiellini is back. We should go for a defensive right back instead, so that camoranesi doesn't have to play deeper to cover the flank.

Jul 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by lonegunman ] ++

I don't think we should move rambo to the right flank.I think his best position is in the left. He really rules there!! We shouldn't move him just because chiellini is back. We should go for a defensive right back instead, so that camoranesi doesn't have to play deeper to cover the flank.
    Think about it, it has been argued many a time b4 regarding rambo..

He played right wing originally, but also helped at left wing....

If he can play right side , who says he wont be even better and more effective at right back?

The old saying of "if it aint broke dont fix it" may apply, but if we dont try new thing how will we improve?

With us already owning the top two italian left backs...why not put the right footed one on the right?? Seems like a logical evoloution to me.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004

ok, got me there.

here're my thoughts. i still hate zebina with passion, though he was much more solid than i expected him to be last season. and its pretty clear that zebina isnt going and capello will play him therefore i really dont see any sense in getting a new right back, cause basicly we have three of them. maybe even 4 if zambrotta would be played on the right side. i'd love to see zebina going, but lets be honest, thats not happening.

and i think i said that not a few moments ago, rather couple of months ago ;)

edit: and when i said that he isnt worthy to be a ballboy i didnt have his playing abilities in mind, juve always had loads of mediocre players imo, which is exactly what zebina is. i just happened to think he's a cunt and therefore he shouln't be a juventino. still do...
    ok, I think I've got what you meant. You're absolutely correct here, Zebina surely lacks the class of Juventus, stile Juve if I might say. About playing abilities, I don't think that Zebina is that far behind because he fits in Capello's tactics perfectly.

++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++

Think about it, it has been argued many a time b4 regarding rambo..

He played right wing originally, but also helped at left wing....

If he can play right side , who says he wont be even better and more effective at right back?

The old saying of "if it aint broke dont fix it" may apply, but if we dont try new thing how will we improve?

With us already owning the top two italian left backs...why not put the right footed one on the right?? Seems like a logical evoloution to me.
    Nope, simply because Chiellini and Zambrotta on the flanks would be way too attacking minded. Zebina's ace is the fact that when he stays down, he offers defensive stability and pure force, so Vieira or Émerson can show more of their skills when going forward.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Erkka ] ++
    Nope, simply because Chiellini and Zambrotta on the flanks would be way too attacking minded. Zebina's ace is the fact that when he stays down, he offers defensive stability and pure force, so Vieira or Émerson can show more of their skills when going forward.
    It wouldn't be such an issue if it wasn't for the fact that Thuram and Canno are getting a bit long in the tooth. A younger, more mobile centre half or sweeper (didn't Ballack play sweeper in his youth :angel: ) would give them all the freedom they need.

Jul 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++

It wouldn't be such an issue if it wasn't for the fact that Thuram and Canno are getting a bit long in the tooth. A younger, more mobile centre half or sweeper (didn't Ballack play sweeper in his youth :angel: ) would give them all the freedom they need.
    cheers for making my arguement :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)