The...I want this player to Juve thread (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

David01

Aug 20, 2006
:cry:Offcourse but Juve are allready known for their grinta but I'm just saying we should play positive football and I think a coach has a lot do with that. Why did we play so defensively under Capello... because he couldn't care less about how we played as long as we were winning.
These last years we have been in the media a lot and never on a positive note.
I just think we have to start winning in style whatever formation but I just said 4-3-3 because nobody expects us to do so. Besides I like it when a winger reaches the backline, sends a cross in for the forward to score.
That's my type of football, so sue me!!!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
:cry:Offcourse but Juve are allready known for their grinta but I'm just saying we should play positive football and I think a coach has a lot do with that. Why did we play so defensively under Capello... because he couldn't care less about how we played as long as we were winning.
These last years we have been in the media a lot and never on a positive note.
I just think we have to start winning in style whatever formation but I just said 4-3-3 because nobody expects us to do so. Besides I like it when a winger reaches the backline, sends a cross in for the forward to score.
That's my type of football, so sue me!!!
what u saying that dosent happen with a 4-4-2 formation? Wingers dont put crosses in wing backs dont overlap? 4-3-3 leaves holes in centre of midfield wen u lack control on the spine of the park your giving the other team a advantage. Games are won from the middle of the park. how is the ball gonna get to the wings with no centre control.:agree:

David01

Aug 20, 2006
:disagree:Ajax have been playing like that for years and pretty succesfull I'd say and Lyon also play 4-3-3 and they are doing pretty good as well but all I'm saying is that we should play some positive football because we need to get in the spotlight with some entertaining football for a change
I'm no coach and neither are you but I pay to watch good football and that's what I want to see. Winning with 1-0 after a really dull game only gives me half the fun.

Franky4Fingers

Mr. I'm Always Right
May 24, 2007
:disagree:Ajax have been playing like that for years and pretty succesfull I'd say and Lyon also play 4-3-3 and they are doing pretty good as well but all I'm saying is that we should play some positive football because we need to get in the spotlight with some entertaining football for a change
I'm no coach and neither are you but I pay to watch good football and that's what I want to see. Winning with 1-0 after a really dull game only gives me half the fun.
I think Dutch, and it seems also Belgians, are the only people in the world who give a damn about the way results are achieved.
Most other people think only in terms of result.
They've got a point though, cause I rather win ugly, then loose beautifull.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I agree with Ahmed this time around. VDV is too hard to lure onto your team in pro evo, quaresma is too slow, and G Silva always shoots high and wide and gets redcarded nearly every game. I say no to all 3.
really??because he only got two red cards with us in all his 5 seasons here.And not even one with Brazil in his 53 caps.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
You asked me the question which I tried to escape lots of times after Fiorentina extended Dainelli's contract, but it seems that there is no way. :wink:

First of all, let's suppose that Gabriel Milito will be our regular left centre back for the next season, thus we have to think of the best available defender to partner him. At first, I thought about a rotation system among Grygera, Criscito, Zebina and Boumsong for the right centre back position, in this case the right back position will be affected too, a thing which will add more instability to the defence line. Of course, Chiellini can't partner Milito, as both of them are left-footed. Hence, signing another good centre back will be essential.

The centre backs whom we're strongly linked to now are Barzagli, Heinze, Cris, Cannavaro, etc..(I don't remember more defenders right now). Cannavaro has said that he wants to win the Champions League, hence I don't think he'll leave Real Madrid. With the presence of Chiellini and Milito, I think we're in no need of Heinze as a left centre back and he doesn't normally play as a right centre defender, besides I read that Real Madrid are in pole position to sign him. Therefore, I see that the only realistic targets now are Barzagli and Cris. The latter is solid experienced defender who won't cost us more than £8m, still he is a bit old and he hasn't played in Italy before. Whereas the former is younger and has a good experience in Italy, yet I do think that he isn't that tough and a bit inconsistent, also his performance hasn't convinced me after the World Cup whatsoever.

To sum it up, I'm between Barzagli and Cris, but if they're the only options in hands, I may go for Barzagli.

Nice rational argument and I would tend to agree with you. However I have a somewhat higher opinion of Barzagli and would genuinely like to see him at Juve rather than just seeing himas the best of what we have been linked with.

Also, I wouldn't be too bothered about having two left footed players at CB. We did OK as I recall with Canna and Thuram who were right footed. So long as one CB is good with his weaker foot there shouldn't be a problem.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Nice rational argument and I would tend to agree with you. However I have a somewhat higher opinion of Barzagli and would genuinely like to see him at Juve rather than just seeing himas the best of what we have been linked with.

Also, I wouldn't be too bothered about having two left footed players at CB. We did OK as I recall with Canna and Thuram who were right footed. So long as one CB is good with his weaker foot there shouldn't be a problem.
I've already agreed with you about Barzagli, I'm not against us signing him now. Although, the only obstacle I see is the deal itself, as the last news I read about the issue is that Fiorentina wants £6m for him plus Marchionni or Miccoli. It's high transfer fee if you ask me, plus I wish we won't sell Marchionni, as I think he hasn't done his best yet since joining us from Parma.

As for the centre backs, I know it isn't a fact for a right centre back to be right footed and a left centre back to be left footed. But, as you know, the vast majority of football players are right footed. Hence, when an attacker faces a defender, the attacker tries (in most cases) to overtake the defender through the opposite side of the former himself (the right of the defender generally), at that point the defender's right foot would be the fixed one. Thus, it would be sometimes not hard for a right footed attacker to pass a left footed defender. That's why I prefer one right footed defender to partner a left footed one, it also depends on attacker's skills and the ability of a defender to use his weaker foot as you said.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Having a right footed CB and a left footed CB would of course be ideal but it is far more important to concentate on the actual ability of the defender rather than the small details.

If two players were same ability and same price you would consider how they would work with the other CB but at the moment we just need the best players we can get.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Having a right footed CB and a left footed CB would of course be ideal but it is far more important to concentate on the actual ability of the defender rather than the small details.

If two players were same ability and same price you would consider how they would work with the other CB but at the moment we just need the best players we can get.
So, it's your turn, Red. What is the best centre defence duo we can possibly get?

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
So, it's your turn, Red. What is the best centre defence duo we can possibly get?
Realistically I think Milito and Barzagli is the best we could hope for I think. Failing that I would be happy to have Canna back and play him with Milito. If we can only get one top CB I would then put Chiellini to CB and look for a new LB, assuming Balza is being sold.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Realistically I think Milito and Barzagli is the best we could hope for I think. Failing that I would be happy to have Canna back and play him with Milito. If we can only get one top CB I would then put Chiellini to CB and look for a new LB, assuming Balza is being sold.
Yes, this is what I'm thinking about as well. Milito and Barzagli may form the best duo we can have, as our options are a bit limited. Also, Milito and Cannavaro, I don't support the idea of getting the latter back though due to some reasons.

But I think we're capable of signing two good defenders, hopefully.

I want Tiago,G Milito,Barzagli,Riquelme or Van der Vaart and a Forward....(Huntelaar maybe)...
Why don't you want a single defensive midfielder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)