The...I want this player to Juve thread (32 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Imo he wasn't that bad...I don't liked him much&he wasn't any entertaining clown from Brazil but he was an important player for us in the scudetto-seasons and always down to earth.
And who said that a defensive midfielder, whatever his nationality is, has to be entertaining?

Emerson is soooo slow, ugly, not tough nor aggressive and sucks big times. Speed, stamina, covering and anticipation are the most important skills, or let me say the primary skills, that should be available in defensive midfielders of nowadays.

He was only the backbone of the team during the two seasons he was with us..
Because, he was the only available backbone during Capello's era.

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
And who said that a defensive midfielder, whatever his nationality is, has to be entertaining?

Emerson is soooo slow, ugly, not tough nor aggressive and sucks big times. Speed, stamina, covering and anticipation are the most important skills, or let me say the primary skills, that should be available in defensive midfielders of nowadays.

Because, he was the only available backbone during Capello's era.
I appreciate your opinion Ahmedios. I hope for you our next DM is prettier than Emerson:eyebrows: :D

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
If speed isn't required in a midfielder, who else should be speedy?

Speed is the most important feature in the modern football, especially in midfielders.

We have to look firstly for defensive midfielders then for attacking midfielders, or you'll get owned.

Players who can change the game with a moment of genius can only do with the presence of strong quick destroyers behind them.

As for the Champions League, any team can struggle in the CL, it isn't a rule. Juventus reached the final of the CL four times in 8 seasons, where is the struggling? And for winning the CL, it doesn't just depend on the two centre midfielders, but there are reasons, the matter isn't that simple. Where is the team's harmony, the type of midfielders a team has including the wingers, substitutes, used tactics, motivation, ambition, etc...
take the example of Milan...they play with only 1 DMF as Gattuso and the other 3 are attack-minded players...and they r arguably the most consistent team in the CL (reached 3 of the last 5 finals) and Juve have not managed to even make the semis since 2003 and we had a much stronger team last year...having a DMF is one thing but if u keep 2 in the centre who are both destroyers and lack passing ability u will not be able to pry open world-class defences...

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
This season they have been playing Ambrosini in a 5 man midfield and I consider him a defensive midfielder so they have become more negative, and more reliant on Kaka, this season but have still done weel in the CL.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
take the example of Milan...they play with only 1 DMF as Gattuso and the other 3 are attack-minded players...and they r arguably the most consistent team in the CL (reached 3 of the last 5 finals) and Juve have not managed to even make the semis since 2003 and we had a much stronger team last year...having a DMF is one thing but if u keep 2 in the centre who are both destroyers and lack passing ability u will not be able to pry open world-class defences...
Mate, Milan aren't playing with just one defensive midfielder in the Champions League. Ambrosini and Gattuso are defensive midfielders, Pirlo is a centre midfielder who can join the the previous duo when defending and Seedorf's defending rule can't be ignored. Whereas, The only pure attack-minded player is Kaka.

To sum up, I didn't say that we must have two defensive midfielder, I said it all depends on the combination of midfielders every team has. For example, if a team has quick wingers who can be burdened with their team's attacking responsibility, so one destroyer isn't enough. On the other hand, if a team has a combination of midfielders who are capable of both defending and attacking, so one defensive midfielder is more than enough. Again, it all depends on the type of players a team has and the used tactic.

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
Some boys to miss CL I wouldn't mind:
Pazzini, Montolivo, Toni, Di Natale, Rosina, Almirón, Dainelli, Barzagli (btw what happened to Felipe?)
Milito 1 and 2, Senna, Perea, Andrade, Baiano
Tevez, Oba (btw Owen is available for 12€m max.. any takers? :p)
Makoun, Dodit, Givet, Squillaci
VDV (don't really know much of the bundesliga under the top4 teams)

And also its always fun gambling on South Americans like Pato, Falcao, Kerlon or Palacio.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Some boys to miss CL I wouldn't mind:
Pazzini, Montolivo, Toni, Di Natale, Rosina, Almirón, Dainelli, Barzagli (btw what happened to Felipe?)
Milito 1 and 2, Senna, Perea, Andrade, Baiano
Tevez, Oba (btw Owen is available for 12€m max.. any takers? :p)
Makoun, Dodit, Givet, Squillaci
VDV (don't really know much of the bundesliga under the top4 teams)

And also its always fun gambling on South Americans like Pato, Falcao, Kerlon or Palacio.
From that list I would take G. Milito, Barzagli/Dainelli, Senna and Montolivo/VDV.

Inara

Dec 14, 2006
It's not about overpaying his wages. Lyon love squeezing the last penny out of you when it comes to buying their players. He's a good player but for the same money we can get Gilberto who is just as good and maybe another player.

I think Lyon will let him go pretty cheaply. Not all the players they sell are expensive - just their best ones. They've sold off Pedretti, Jeremy Clement, Bryan Bergounoux, etc., at pretty low prices. Lyon bought Diarra at around 7-8 million Euros but will probably accept a loss and sell him for 5-6. He and Houllier don't get along, and Aulas won't want to take the risk of warding away buyers by excessive haggling.

He played a superb match yesterday and even scored the penalty against his old team, cool as you like. Plus he's tall, good in the air, and strong.

He isn't speedy, but he does have pace, certainly more than Lyon's other midfielders (Toulalan, Tiago, Kallstrom, and Juninho). But as a DM at Lyon, he tends to hang out in his own half since Tiago and Juninho are the ones who go forward.

Inara

Dec 14, 2006

Juninho hasn't been happy at Lyon recently and has yet to sign a contract extension. He wants to play for another two years (he's only 32 and still in top form) but said it depends if Lyon get better players next year or not.

Plus he doesn't like Houllier.

Too bad he isn't younger - he's one of those players that deserve better than Lyon, to be honest.

Midzata®

Jan 26, 2007
Acording to goal Pool have captured Lucas.
There are lots od midfielders there, I would try to take Sissoko.
Mascherano recently came so he won't be leaving, Stevie def not, Alonso->? & Sissoko I think will be reachable target now. He isn't getting much playing time after that horrible injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)