The...I want this player to Juve thread (104 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slow_Roll

In Love with a Feelin'
Mar 4, 2008
I personally prefer Legro to Agger. About Zhirkov yeah I've seen him play but mostly for Russia, I'm curious about he's role in CSKA and if he's consistent or not, can he really play as a fb, do you guys think he'd be a good replacement for Nedved or a utility player used as a sub flank player like Marchionni just much better.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Okay I've read like a million reviews of Zhirkov and how great he is but I've only managed to see him in action only like 15 times. So can someone who's seen alot of him is he really that good and why. As for Agger asking more than Gallas is simply funny. I mean Gallas is a starter and a star for Arsenal and France. Agger is 4th choice for Liverpool. I'm definately not saying Agger is bad but some people seem to overrate him by a mile.
No he's not, when he's fit he starts most of the time.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Its like saying Marchionni is a starter over Camo, because Camo is either out injured, or unfit on the bench. Agger has had a LONG streak of injuries, never really gotten fit enough to get a normal run of games.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I am going to through myself under the bus here but what I saw from Lazio's Foggia was not bad today (against Palermo). I haven't seen him much but I was impressed. Is he someone worth taking a second look at or considering? I think I remember some peeps talking about him before.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
What must be remembered when we are looking for a CB partner for Chiellini is that the player must be an organiser.

Chiellini is an excellent defender, but he doesn't organise.

Mellberg and Legro are players of a similar level of ability, but Legro organises the defence and Mellberg doesn't, which is why we look much better when Legro plays.

That is why, as good as Agger and Gallas are, I'm not sure I would go for either of them.

We need a more experienced player, preferably a sweeper type CB.

However, I struggle to think of anyone who fits this description(Carvalho would be ideal, but isn't available), so it may be necessary to go with a younger player (Criscito, Zapata, Agger) and accept the defence may struggle for a while, but that one of the pair will grow into the role.

I think Agger and Chiellini are too similar in style to work well together. The fact that they are both left footed is neither here nor ther.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
What must be remembered when we are looking for a CB partner for Chiellini is that the player must be an organiser.

Mellberg and Legro are players of a similar level of ability, but Legro organises the defence and Mellberg doesn't, which is why we look much better when Legro plays.

That is why, as good as Agger and Gallas are, I'm not sure I would go for either of them.

However, I struggle to think of anyone who fits this description(Carvalho would be ideal, but isn't available), so it may be necessary to go with a younger player (Criscito, Zapata, Agger) and accept the defence may struggle for a while, but that one of the pair will grow into the role.

I think Agger and Chiellini are too similar in style to work well together. The fact that they are both left footed is neither here nor ther.
exactly j-r, excellent observation...I think Gallas might be able to play that role, he kind of did it for Arsenal...who else do you think could work and is a feasible option, apart from the young guys you mentioned?

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
exactly j-r, excellent observation...I think Gallas might be able to play that role, he kind of did it for Arsenal...who else do you think could work and is a feasible option, apart from the young guys you mentioned?
Gallas only did it because Toure was out injured.

I'm really struggling to come up with names, partly because it can be hard to see who is really an organiser without watching them a lot.

I think we just need to sign a very good CB and hope he develops a good understanding with Chiellini.

I really like Criscito, though many round here don't. I like his style and fits the bill for the type of defender I want: composed, good at reading the game and more a sweeper than a dominant CB who will go and attack the ball. I still worry about his physique though.

I think Santacroce and Chiellini would work well. I'm not sure Zapata could play with Chiellini.

Overall, I would probably stick with what we have at CB for next season. Bring back Criscito and try him with Chiellini. I'm not sure the other players we could go for would offer a significant enough improvement considering what they would be likely to cost.

Unless someone can suggest a player, that would fit the bill, that I haven't thought of.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
yea same here, can't really think of a CB in that mould...I think Criscito has that kind of defensive manner, but it would be a massive risk...Zapata I think is also a more physical defender, not a calming presence

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
yea same here, can't really think of a CB in that mould...I think Criscito has that kind of defensive manner, but it would be a massive risk...Zapata I think is also a more physical defender, not a calming presence
An ideal candidate, if he was a year or two younger and didn't have all the other baggage, would be Cannavaro. *

*I am not suggesting that we sign him.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004

Then why should we look for a CB?

I think if Zebina is to stay injured forever, we should either look for a RB to start and keep Grygera as a sub or just find a RB to cover for Grygera.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Then why should we look for a CB?

I think if Zebina is to stay injured forever, we should either look for a RB to start and keep Grygera as a sub or just find a RB to cover for Grygera.
Overall, I would probably stick with what we have at CB for next season. Bring back Criscito and try him with Chiellini. I'm not sure the other players we could go for would offer a significant enough improvement considering what they would be likely to cost.

Unless someone can suggest a player, that would fit the bill, that I haven't thought of.
I agree that the fullback areas need more attention that CB and a RB, of some description, would be my first priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 104)