The...I want this player to Juve thread (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Ален;1784409 said:
With the current board ? Of course there's no way they'd do it.
I was telling you how i'd try to do it if i was in their role.
I know. That would be such swooping changes it would be amazing. :D

Wouldn't that rival the 2001 summer transfer season? I think we spent about 110 Million Euros that year.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Buffon

Zebina - Marquez - Chiellini - De Ceglie

Camoranesi - Hamsik - Sissoko - Schweinsteiger

Amauri - Del Piero
This team is really powerful even if you only added 3 new players. Considering how often Zebina and Camo get injured we may not see these XI very often, though. But if they stay injury free then this team would rock.
I especially like the midfield (it's the same as my midfield actually). It's so Juve style with players who run all the time and who defend well, and yet Hamsik gives much more creativity compared to the midfield we had in Capello and Ranieri time.

Wouldn't that rival the 2001 summer transfer season? I think we spent about 110 Million Euros that year.
I'm not sure but i think we spent much more than 110m.
According to wikipedia ( i can't bother to look at more reliable websites) we spent 48m eur for Buffon, 41m eur for Nedved, ~32m eur for Thuram and 13m eur+Kovacevic for Salas.
I don't remember if we bought someone else that summer, but even if we didn't, the total we spent for these 4 players is ~135m eur+Kovacevic.

But have in mind that the football market went crazy in those years and 135m eur in 2001 would equal some 80-90m eur in today's football.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Ален;1784419 said:
This team is really powerful even if you only added 3 new players. Considering how often Zebina and Camo get injured we may not see these XI very often, though. But if they stay injury free then this team would rock.
I especially like the midfield (it's the same as my midfield actually). It's so Juve style with players who run all the time and who defend well, and yet Hamsik gives much more creativity compared to the midfield we had in Capello and Ranieri time.

I'm not sure but i think we spent much more than 110m.
According to wikipedia ( i can't bother to look at more reliable websites) we spent 48m eur for Buffon, 41m eur for Nedved, ~32m eur for Thuram and 13m eur+Kovacevic for Salas.
I don't remember if we bought someone else that summer, but even if we didn't, the total we spent for these 4 players is ~135m eur+Kovacevic.

But have in mind that the football market went crazy in those years and 135m eur in 2001 would equal some 80-90m eur in today's football.
I think the team would be awesome, especially with Hamsik in midfield doing as you said and Marquez being the perfect compliment to Chiellini by the way he can distribute the ball and read the game.

And about the price level of players, I think today it's much more inflated. For example, players such as Robinho can bring in 40M Euros and a buffoon like Darren Bent costs almost 20M. I believe it's just that nobody is insane enough to spend over 76M Euros now because nobody even comes close to being as good as Zidane.

Andy, you would choose Rafa Marquez for Juve's defence?
Absolutely. He's a good player and would come cheap. Keep in mind I also picked Zapata.

Deco deco deco. This little guy could cause so much mischief with Sissoko backing him up and Camo on the wing and Iaquinta up top.
Deco just signed for Chelsea though and is 31. He's out of the picture.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
SELL:
Molinaro-5.5mil
Salihamidzic-1.5mil
Tiago-7mil
Almiron-6mil
Marchionni-4mil
Zanetti-7.5mil
Zalayeta-5mil
Zebina -5mi
Poulsen-9.5mil
Paolucci-3.5mil (other half)
Palladino-4.5mil
Iaquinta-10mil

TOTAL=64mil + *50 for transfers (CL and our good old board) = 114
*33 mil from CL TV Rights and 17 mil from the board = 50

BUY:

offense
huntelaar(20 mil)
Cassano (15mil)
midfield
Schweinsteiger (FREE)
Capel (FREE if Marcello is accurate)
Diego(25 mil)
Hamsik (20 mil + Zalayeta) = 25 (throw in f.rossi just for the hell of it)
defense
Santacroce-13mil (just a guess)
Zapata-15 mil (again, a guess)
Criscito (bring the guy back)

GRAND TOTAL: 113 mil
~that leaves 1 million left to buy half of Eder who will be our next Kaka apparently, buy the other half of his ass in 2010

Buffon
(Manniger, Chimenti)
Santacroce-Zapata-Chiellini-DeCeglie
(Grygera, Mellberg, Legro, Criscito)
Camoranesi-Diego-Hamsik-Giovinco
(Schweiny, Sissoko, Marchisio, Ekdal, Capel)
Cassano
(DP)
Amauri
(Trez, Huntelaar)
~Creating a formation was tough but what the hell, if we pulled this transfer monopoly off it wouldn’t matter what we fielded, it would be competitive as hell. You could either play with 1 striker and cassano/DP support or 2 strikers with trez/hunter ready to score some poaching goals. I would love the 4 mids and 2 strong attackers that would be an f*ed up offense to defend against that’s for sure. That was my dream transfer window, hope you like it as much as I do! And PS to all you negative nancy’s out there, its not just one striker, more of a supportive forward behind. That’s 26 players give or take ekdal going on loan or primavera. Eder would come in next season after we bought his half. One amazing transfer window is all this team needs, almost all young players there. Buffon, Amauri, Trez, Mell, Legro, DP all oldest

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
you can't sell half the bloody team, even if they are squad players...get rid of losers like Tiago, Almiron and Palladino but we should definitely keep Marchionni, Salhamidzic, Zanetti etc...we need to refine the squad, not buy a completely new one!

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
you can't sell half the bloody team, even if they are squad players...get rid of losers like Tiago, Almiron and Palladino but we should definitely keep Marchionni, Salhamidzic, Zanetti etc...we need to refine the squad, not buy a completely new one!
yeah i thought about that too ahmed, but the only time we use them with the exception of zanetti is when everyone is injured. i know mine was for the most part fantasy it is still nice to dream that if camo were to get injured it wouldnt be marchionni or sali to take his place...catch my drift? i am just bored of the dry/uncreative/and at times useless players at our disposal.

Mar 30, 2006
yeah i thought about that too ahmed, but the only time we use them with the exception of zanetti is when everyone is injured. i know mine was for the most part fantasy it is still nice to dream that if camo were to get injured it wouldnt be marchionni or sali to take his place...catch my drift? i am just bored of the dry/uncreative/and at times useless players at our disposal.
to be fair to Marchionni he is always injured and has yet to really get a run of games for us where he is in form. I think he is useful to have assuming he will hopefully be able to contribute and not always be out injured.

And Salihamidzic is worth it becasuse of the number of roles he plays for us. Also I thought he looked good against Madrid.

Jul 15, 2006
For me...

Sell:
Poulsen - 10m
Tiago - 7m
Molinaro - 4.5m
Lazafame - 3.5m Release Clause
Almiron - 6m
Iaquinta - 12m
Palladino - 7m (co-own)
Total: 50m

Buy:
Crisitian Zapata - 15m
Marek Hamsik - 25m
Diego Buonanotte - 8m
Pander - 6m
Andres Guardado - 14m
Criscito - Return From Loan

GK: Buffon
LB: Pander
CB: Zapata
CB: Chiellini
RB: Zebina/Grygera
LW: Guardado/Giovinco
CM: Sissoko/Zanetti
CM: Hamsik/Buonanotte
RW: Camoranesi
ATT: Del Piero/Trez/Amauri
ATT: Del Piero/Trez/Amauri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)