The...I want this player to Juve thread (93 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pingo

Oct 31, 2007
Are there any chances that Juve sell Andrade?
I hope we do that, but Chiellini Legro and Mellberg wont be enough for CL and scudetto...so my guess he'll be staying....Ps: he is inyured once again....But he is not worth much right now...

Who is this Veloso guy we are linked with on goal.com
it is being said that he is a midfielder and is 22 years old

is he any good what are his + what are his -
is he good enough for us
does anyone knows something about this guy?
He is good, he had some great matchis in CL...But price tag is to stip 25m€--- reported is thah we could use Tiago as bargain chip

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Pre-injury Andrade was a top defender, this Andrade has been average for over 2 years before coming to us, and sadly he managed to stay together for 4 games only before breaking down for 9 months now.

REALLY shouldnt be someone we should count on, at all. But obviously impossible to offload with his baggage.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Melleberg vs Andrade? if both were in ideal condition, there is really nothing to choose between them...any team in the world would kill to have them in their team...Juve are lucky to have both, just need to get them fit and ready!

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
Melleberg vs Andrade? if both were in ideal condition, there is really nothing to choose between them...any team in the world would kill to have them in their team...Juve are lucky to have both, just need to get them fit and ready!
Mellberg is a better player than what most people give him credit for after his last few seasons at Villa where he was played out of position (and still did well, but nothing spectacular). At centre back is where he is at his best, as could be seen in the Euro recently.

Having said that, it's not like he is a top 20 CB in the world and hence noone would kill to get him, no. I mean let's not get too excited here. He is still quality though and it is my hope that he will be used as a CB by Ranieri and preferably as a backup to a summer transfer such as Zapata.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Mellberg is a better player than what most people give him credit for after his last few seasons at Villa where he was played out of position (and still did well, but nothing spectacular). At centre back is where he is at his best, as could be seen in the Euro recently.

Having said that, it's not like he is a top 20 CB in the world and hence noone would kill to get him, no. I mean let's not get too excited here. He is still quality though and it is my hope that he will be used as a CB by Ranieri and preferably as a backup to a summer transfer such as Zapata.
I'm no big Mellberg fanboy, but I have to say that I doubt that there are 20 CBs in world football better than him.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
The young pre several major injuries Andrade was better, but I don't think Andrade will get back to his former level.

I hope I'm wrong.
You never know, but yeah, Andrade probably won't return to his top form. Lets hope Mellberg will turn out to be a better than Andrade was for us, as there is no way he'll be better than Andrade was prior to moving from La Coruna.

Only mediocre sides would "kill" to get those players.

I'm no big Mellberg fanboy, but I have to say that I doubt that there are 20 CBs in world football better than him.
Carvalho, Puyol, Mertesacker, Metzelder, Pepe, Chiellini, Nesta, Ferdinand, Terry, Carragher, Agger, Vidic, Alex, Samuel, Cordoba, Mexes, Toure, Juan, Woodgate, Gallas, King, Richards, etc, just off the top of my head..

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Andy, maybe you didnt watch La Liga, or Depor games, but Andrade has been plagued by injuries for a solid 3 years, and his last two seasons with Depor was average at most to poor at times. He really was out of it.

Mellberg would be a flop, and not considered a good defender as he is, if he was worse then that. Andrade held a lackstusre level after his injuries, but he wasnt totally lambasted because he lived off his rep as a former top defender. That said, no one would have touched him anyway, and the only reason we signed him because no one was willing to come to us after we came back from Serie B, and not being willing to spend that much (even the likes of Meira was not that keen on us).

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Andy, maybe you didnt watch La Liga, or Depor games, but Andrade has been plagued by injuries for a solid 3 years, and his last two seasons with Depor was average at most to poor at times. He really was out of it.

Mellberg would be a flop, and not considered a good defender as he is, if he was worse then that. Andrade held a lackstusre level after his injuries, but he wasnt totally lambasted because he lived off his rep as a former top defender. That said, no one would have touched him anyway, and the only reason we signed him because no one was willing to come to us after we came back from Serie B, and not being willing to spend that much.
Nope, watched a good amount. Yeah he was injured quite a lot, but it was that last season where he was out of it and perhaps past it. The other two prior to that showed that he was still capable, and I was hoping he just needed a change of scenery (and a change of physio) plus some luck to actually do well for us, but that went out the window.

And I don't buy that "don't want to come to Juventus talk." I mean, a money grabber such as Iaquinta wanted to come here, so I'm sure some other players would want to come here if we had a proper person in charge of the transfers, which we don't.

This situation really goes to show how poor our scouts happen to be, if we have any.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 92)