The...I want this player to Juve thread (30 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Trez is right, we need to get a young and talented player from Argentina. We have to stop putting ourselves in this box where everything non-Italian is sacrilege or something. I am also a firm believer in having a team with an Italian majority but that doesn't mean we should be scared of having a handful of foreign talent.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Yeah, we were going to sign Kaboul but decided we could buy Kabul for the same price.

It was thought there was bound to be a better defender in Kabul, than Kaboul.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Trez is right, we need to get a young and talented player from Argentina. We have to stop putting ourselves in this box where everything non-Italian is sacrilege or something. I am also a firm believer in having a team with an Italian majority but that doesn't mean we should be scared of having a handful of foreign talent.

:agree:

Argentina; similarly to France, has produced a conveyor belt of talented players over recent years. It is foolish to not consider some of the players in that league.

However, we have to remember we have a real talent in Giovinco that we must nuture and consider before splashing out millions on someone who plays in the same position.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
I've been saying pretty often recently,that we don't need bench players, but i'm thinking that might be exactly what we need...

As we've seen recently, vs Roma and Inter namely, when everyone (the important players that is; DP, Trez, Camo, Nedved, Chiellini, Buffon one of Sissoko/Zanetti) is fit, we're still a very good team. We've seen time and time again though this season, that if one of the crucial players is out, we have noone to call upon to offer even something that's close to that quality. League titles are usually won by teams with the most and best depth. Our first 11 is up there(close at least) with Roma and Inter, but our 22 man squad clearly isn't. So we need depth!

Of course i'd say d two quality reinforcements are neceassary if we want to get to that next level. One a quality midfielder, preferably a creative central midfielder to slot in next to Sissoko. A creative CM will allow Sissoko to express his qualities to the fullest as well as vice-versa (Sissoko providing the ample cover for the CM). Also a creative central midfielder, as opposed to a trequartista, will alows us to preserve our width and tactical solidity better. Zanetti is great and I love him, but having both him and Sissoko on at all times is somewhat redundant. We have three competitions next season so Zanetti would still get plenty of games, besides that if we ever need some security late game, he's the man. Also he's an injury-prone player, we can't always rely on Zanetti. For the CM role, I think someone like Aquilani would be perfect. I reckon his transfer is very unlikely though. I don't have too many idea's right as to whom else would fit in there, Hamsik perhaps, but I see him better fit for different roles.

The other quality reinforcement would be a central defender to partner Chiellini. Mellberg and Legrottaglie could surprise us, but frankly we can do and probably should do better. We need a defender that can function without Chiellini, we've seen that we have no defence when Chiellini isn't there. Zapata has been named often and would probably be a good choise, again I can't think of any other good names right now. I just want to highlight what and where we need reinforcements the most.

So then, the trio of Giovinco, Marchisio and De Ceglie should be brought back. I might be tempted to loan De Ceglie out for an additional season and get a decently priced leftback for a season instead(Dossena for example) and keep Molinaro as his backup.

_________________Buffon
Zebina _ Zapata?*_ Chiellini_ Dossena*/De Ceglie?
Camoranesi _Sissoko_Aquilani?*_ Nedved/Giovinco
_________Trezeguet_ Del Piero(Giovinco)

* I put these names there as examples

First 7 benchwarmers

Iaquinta
Nedved/Giovinco
Zanetti
Marchisio
Legrottaglie/Mellberg
Salihamidzic?
Belardi

Our fist 11 would be improved and we'd have players on the bench that could turn a game around (Nedved/Giovinco, Iaquinta). We'd have Zanetti if we need some added security, Marchisio if our creative CM is out, and a good cb option and someone versatility in case of emergencies.

If one of the first 11 is out, we wouldn't be in a pickle immediately. We'd actually have quality on the bench for cover.

Again, just wanted to highlight our biggest needs and how I think by spending only big in two players we'd improve immensly.

What you think

please discuss

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I've been saying pretty often recently,that we don't need bench players, but i'm thinking that might be exactly what we need...

As we've seen recently, vs Roma and Inter namely, when everyone (the important players that is; DP, Trez, Camo, Nedved, Chiellini, Buffon one of Sissoko/Zanetti) is fit, we're still a very good team. We've seen time and time again though this season, that if one of the crucial players is out, we have noone to call upon to offer even something that's close to that quality. League titles are usually won by teams with the most and best depth. Our first 11 is up there(close at least) with Roma and Inter, but our 22 man squad clearly isn't. So we need depth!

Of course i'd say d two quality reinforcements are neceassary if we want to get to that next level. One a quality midfielder, preferably a creative central midfielder to slot in next to Sissoko. A creative CM will allow Sissoko to express his qualities to the fullest as well as vice-versa (Sissoko providing the ample cover for the CM). Also a creative central midfielder, as opposed to a trequartista, will alows us to preserve our width and tactical solidity better. Zanetti is great and I love him, but having both him and Sissoko on at all times is somewhat redundant. We have three competitions next season so Zanetti would still get plenty of games, besides that if we ever need some security late game, he's the man. Also he's an injury-prone player, we can't always rely on Zanetti. For the CM role, I think someone like Aquilani would be perfect. I reckon his transfer is very unlikely though. I don't have too many idea's right as to whom else would fit in there, Hamsik perhaps, but I see him better fit for different roles.

The other quality reinforcement would be a central defender to partner Chiellini. Mellberg and Legrottaglie could surprise us, but frankly we can do and probably should do better. We need a defender that can function without Chiellini, we've seen that we have no defence when Chiellini isn't there. Zapata has been named often and would probably be a good choise, again I can't think of any other good names right now. I just want to highlight what and where we need reinforcements the most.

So then, the trio of Giovinco, Marchisio and De Ceglie should be brought back. I might be tempted to loan De Ceglie out for an additional season and get a decently priced leftback for a season instead(Dossena for example) and keep Molinaro as his backup.

_________________Buffon

First 7 benchwarmers

Iaquinta
Nedved/Giovinco
Zanetti
Marchisio
Legrottaglie/Mellberg
Salihamidzic?
Belardi

Our fist 11 would be improved and we'd have players on the bench that could turn a game around (Nedved/Giovinco, Iaquinta). We'd have Zanetti if we need some added security, Marchisio if our creative CM is out, and a good cb option and someone versatility in case of emergencies.

If one of the first 11 is out, we wouldn't be in a pickle immediately. We'd actually have quality on the bench for cover.

Again, just wanted to highlight our biggest needs and how I think by spending only big in two players we'd improve immensly.

What you think

please discuss
Great post,Dominic.

You`ve said everything needed.Aquialni is indeed great and would add a lot in middle but as you said it`s very low possibility of signing him.If not him do you think van der Vaart or Diego would fit in?It getting ridiculous with all rumors linking us with freakin` DMs.We don`t need those.

Dossena is fine but I`d still look to every possibility of signing Vargas.

As for CB I`d probably go for R.Carvalho first.If not him then probably Zapata or even Alex for Chelsea.

Edit:Yeah I also forgot to mention RB.

I`m not so sure if its smart to stick with Zebina there.I mean he`s not bad but he`s injury and card prone.He missed many matches this year.His replacement Grygera is not that good either.Two good matches still can`t make him a good defender.I wish we signed Ivanovic back then...

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
I think we should be aiming high and let the squad figure itself out.

In other words, we should buy players that create competion for the starting spots. We currently have that upfront with Iaquinta and in the midfield with Zanetti and Sissoko. Bringing Giovinvo back from loan would have the same effect for that left side attacking mid spot and a fully fit and injury free Marchionni is a very good option if Camo is out.

In midfield, buy Cigarini, bring Marchisio back from loan, and pair either with Zanetti or Sissoko. Sissoko/Marchisio, Zanetti/Cigarini, Sissoko/Cigarini, Zanetti/Marchisio, are all equally strong, and knowing Ranieri, each will be used.

In:
Cigarini, Zapata, Marchisio, Giovinco, De Ceglie.

Rotating through Zanetti and Sissoko, Iaquinta and whoever (minus Trez), Giovinco and Nedved, Cigarini and Marchisio, Zapata and whoever (minus Chiellini), etc gives us no significant loss in quality if the 1st choice is unavailable. The only problem is at lb, since Molinaro has been so poor this season he is a shit option whether he is on the field or off the bench.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I'd also leave question marks for the names, even though Dom's examples are also the best i could think of, and i completely agree with Dom's point.
Something i wanted to say for a long time but i never had the nerves to write it down.

I'd really like a trequartista, someone who wins you trophies, like Kaka or Diego, but i'm aware that with the players we have, a solid creative CM who will play alongside Momo, not in front of him, is the most logical choice and the "someone" that will bring trophies will be the team as a unit, not an individual.
And Giovinco will be here anyway, so maybe we already have our attacking midfielder.

Top post Dominic !

IlDivinCodino

f**king hot prospect
Mar 5, 2006
Dominic sums up alot of stuff thats on my mind. The contemplation about Hamsik is something that's bothering me. But thats all. A month ago i would gladly welcome the player. But now that i wish Sissoko would be in out starting lineup next season, i dont think they would be great playing together. I would rather Modric instead of Hamsik. If either Diego or Aquilani would come, that would be a dream come true. Neither do I really fancy Van der Vaart after the medie flirtings he has been doing. If it's all bullshit then seriously our creativity problem is solved. And it wouldn't be that big a risk to go all out on Giovinco.

Well, clearly what i'm saying is opposed to what Alen said seeing that i'd rather have someone who's more attacking minded in the midfield partnering Sissoko. It would bring a more of less drastic change to what Juventus has been playing all these years. Pretty much a diamond midfield. The reason i said so is because i see Sissoko better if he focuses on staying deep and saving our asses when needed. As well as more defensive right wing Camoranesi taking the CM spot if needed when our attacking midfielder (Diego or VDV) drifts off.

One last thing, Zapata is a great player. But the defenders stated by Dom is a little young don't you think?

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
2-3 top players are needed to do well in the CL and Serie A. We should also bring back our young guns + some bench warmers who won't disturb team harmony.

This can all be done with almost the same budget we had for this season. We just need the right people to make sure we don't waste 30+m € in transfers and even Ranieri could get something out of the 08-09 campaign. :D

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Great post,Dominic.

You`ve said everything needed.Aquialni is indeed great and would add a lot in middle but as you said it`s very low possibility of signing him.If not him do you think van der Vaart or Diego would fit in?It getting ridiculous with all rumors linking us with freakin` DMs.We don`t need those.

Dossena is fine but I`d still look to every possibility of signing Vargas.

As for CB I`d probably go for R.Carvalho first.If not him then probably Zapata or even Alex for Chelsea.

Edit:Yeah I also forgot to mention RB.

I`m not so sure if its smart to stick with Zebina there.I mean he`s not bad but he`s injury and card prone.He missed many matches this year.His replacement Grygera is not that good either.Two good matches still can`t make him a good defender.I wish we signed Ivanovic back then...
Grygera if he keeps a consistent form or Mellberg can fill in Zebina's place.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

_________________Buffon

First 7 benchwarmers

Iaquinta
Nedved/Giovinco
Zanetti
Marchisio
Legrottaglie/Mellberg
Salihamidzic?
Belardi

I think it was a good post until this:

What you think

please discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)