The Holocaust (16 Viewers)

Did the Holocaust happen/exist?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Some European countries have laws forbidding and imprisoning people who deny the Holocaust. As terrible as that is, wheres the so called Western value, freedom of speech?

You have to admit, that makes the whole thing a little suspicious
You should be able to say whatever you want. In the United States, you can deny the Holocaust til the cows come home.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
You know, all this talk of the Holocaust reminded me of my Australian friends in Bologna. Apparently there's some day they celebrate in Australia because of some Australian battle in WWI or something (had to do with Gallipoli) and one of them told me: "You know, the two World Wars have truly been national tragedies for Australia".

She was saying this to a Belgian :D.
it's called ANZAC Day or something

OP
CheSchifo!

CheSchifo!

Jan 11, 2009
  • Thread Starter #66
    Some European countries have laws forbidding and imprisoning people who deny the Holocaust. As terrible as that is, wheres the so called Western value, freedom of speech?

Not quite. We have laws that forbid the fabricating of evidence in order to misrepresent historical event. It's not quite true that the mere negation of the Holocaust is enough.

Ahmed

Principino
    Sep 3, 2006

Austria and Germany :agree:

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Not quite. We have laws that forbid the fabricating of evidence in order to misrepresent historical event. It's not quite true that the mere negation of the Holocaust is enough.

Fabricating of evidence?

The whole point of holocaust deniers is that the "evidence" is exaggerated.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    You know, all this talk of the Holocaust reminded me of my Australian friends in Bologna. Apparently there's some day they celebrate in Australia because of some Australian battle in WWI or something (had to do with Gallipoli) and one of them told me: "You know, the two World Wars have truly been national tragedies for Australia".

She was saying this to a Belgian :D.
    You know that might be true for them. I can't think of another time when Australia was bombed (Darwin WWII) or lost a lot of lives (Gallipoli WWI). :D

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    Fabricating of evidence?

The whole point of holocaust deniers is that the "evidence" is exaggerated.
    No Holocaust deniers reject the idea that the Holocaust even happened. If they agreed that there was a Holocaust, but the number are probably inaccurate then they wouldn't be Holocaust Deniers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)