The Great Language Game (1 Viewer)

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #23
    Yes, they are most welcome as alternatives to Bosnian. But not to each other. :D

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    Bah. I was lucky the first time to get a lot of Euro languages. Tried it again and got Maori, Gujarati etc, had no chance.
    Any kind of language from India, Pakistan or Bangladesh is fine for me, as long as they are not alongside each other :D
    The South Indian languages and the former Slavic (specifically those from the former Yugolavia area)annoy me because they sound so much alike to the untrained ear.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
    1100 in the 4th try :weee: most of them were elimination + guesswork rather than actually knowing the language though.
    couldn't identify Hungarian, Gaelic and Dari.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    700 here. Ze has the high score

3 wrong answers, should been 2 really. Understandable I missed the difference between Urdu and Gujarati, and bulgarian and russian I hurried myself through (guessed russian after 5 secs of listening), but last one was embarrassing, balkan languages are fairly distinctive, but guessed something else when it was slovenian, I think I guessed some other east european (non balkan) language.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    500. The earlier ones are pretty easy, you can judge from accents. Can't say I have any idea what some of the later ones are, I haven't been to Myanmar or Afghanistan.
    You dont need to be there to understand the difference between an south east asian language and middleeastern or central asian languages, no? Or maybe because I know afghan peeps.

- - - Updated - - -

really? because my questions seemed to get much harder right before i lost. It went from chinese vs. italian to khmer vs urdu:boh:
    Kmer more like thai/malaysian sounding, urdu more like indian/bengal/paki sounding, not that close to eachother in sound.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    You dont need to be there to understand the difference between an south east asian language and middleeastern or central asian languages, no? Or maybe because I know afghan peeps.
    I know the difference between the two, but when they throw either in with a language I've never heard of (there have been 2 or 3) then I'm going 50-50. Western Asia is an area I have no idea about, haven't met or heard people from there.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    1150 on 2nd try, fuck Basque language :lol: It stopped me from a full score, it sounded so obsecure I guessed on non european language even.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006

- - - Updated - - -

Kmer more like thai/malaysian sounding, urdu more like indian/bengal/paki sounding, not that close to eachother in sound.
    oh im sure but that didnt help me. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)